acekatherineplumber2
#200People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 7:02pm

I'm a mere high school student.

acekatherineplumber2 Profile Photo
acekatherineplumber2
#201People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 7:08pm

Whoops! Double posted. Sorry about that.
Updated On: 3/29/15 at 07:08 PM

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#202People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 7:09pm

I'm a student currently majoring in English. I have absolutely no clue as to what I want to do afterwards, but given the fact that this is my first year I think I have a little bit of time to decide.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Broadwaylover2
#203People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 7:12pm

I write for a LGBT magazine which I won't disclose. I am trying hard to write bad English so no one knows who I am. Chicago based

Updated On: 3/29/15 at 07:12 PM

Broadwaylover2
#204People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 7:14pm

@lizzie is it a luxury magazine

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#205People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 7:34pm

Student/actor/singer/vocal coach/director

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#206People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 7:37pm

Does watching netflix count as a career?

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#207People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 7:43pm

Also, who would hire a student as their vocal coach? Are you trained in vocal technique and music theory?

Speed
#208People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 7:46pm

I think watching Netflix should count as a career! You're a man (or woman) of leisure. I am an actor best known for a popular TV show. I have also been on Broadway (once) and in a couple films. At the moment, I am also a man of leisure who is training for the marathon and waiting for the next acting project to come around.

indytallguy
#209People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 8:14pm

"Also, who would hire a student as their vocal coach? Are you trained in vocal technique and music theory?"

I can't speak for the poster's status, but when I was in high school I took vocal lessons from someone working on their graduate degree in music.

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#210People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 8:22pm

Icecreambenjamin has mentioned before that he is a high school student.

seahag2 Profile Photo
seahag2
#211People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 9:34pm

"I am trying to write bad english so no one knows who I am"

What kind of tactic is this?? There are so few people with 'good english' that they can be tracked and traced?

so I smile like Mona Lisa and I lay my Visa down

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#212People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 9:48pm

Dancer/actor turned social studies teacher. I did a few shows with major regional theaters, but as injuries started happening at a young age, I hung up my LaDuca's and picked up a textbook.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#213People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 9:50pm

Congressional Travel Agent. I legally get to tell congressmen and women where to go. I am also a drag queen.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#214People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 9:59pm

Fantod
I am in high school, but I've been trained in vocal technique and theory. I mainly work with people who are in high school or below. I've been in a multitude of professional productions and while I may be young, I'm definitely qualified.

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#215People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 10:10pm

Shocking to find a previous incarnation of myself here in this old thread.
Full disclosure-- charlesjguiteau was my first stab at participating on these boards.
A couple of pages back in this very thread I insulted Jordan and anyone else younger than myself and got slammed for it. Mistake of a newbie. I've been a good boy ever since.
One day my old password no longer worked. I was stumped. So Someone in a Tree2 was born.

I'm a film production designer these days, but still miss my old days drafting for Broadway shows.

Updated On: 3/29/15 at 10:10 PM

pennydreadful Profile Photo
pennydreadful
#216People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 10:19pm

Middle-aged public librarian who's trying to write e-book erotica to pay off her student loans faster.

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#217People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 11:03pm

Audition-hopping actor hopeful by day, barista and Etsy shop owner by night.

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

Broadwaylover2
#218People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 11:06pm

well I write for a well known one.

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#219People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 11:21pm

I'm a professional reviewer. But not of theater!

Updated On: 3/29/15 at 11:21 PM

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#220People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/29/15 at 11:33pm

Someone in a Tree2, the same thing happened to me! That's why I'm no longer Mr. Nowak (not the proper SHE LOVES ME spelling anyway) but Mr. Nowack!

I'm also a student by the way. Undergrad.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

nicnyc Profile Photo
nicnyc
#221People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/30/15 at 1:03am

Updated On: 6/3/15 at 01:03 AM

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#222People's Careers on here?
Posted: 3/30/15 at 3:08am

Technically, I'm a professional job applicant. In September, faced my third layoff since 2009. So, I'm an unemployed brand marketing manager. I've held a variety of marketing, communications and brand management jobs for major retail, hospitality and media companies. Looking forward to one day asking you if you'd like fries with that. Sigh...