Anything Goes student rush?

Ajpuppypal Profile Photo
Ajpuppypal
#1Anything Goes student rush?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 12:08am

has anyone done the anything goes student rush lately? were there long lines, and were you able to get tickets?

Ajpuppypal Profile Photo
Ajpuppypal
#2Anything Goes student rush?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 9:51am

*Bump*

Ajpuppypal Profile Photo
Ajpuppypal
#2Anything Goes student rush?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 6:51pm

*Bump*

RickyMT Profile Photo
RickyMT
#3Anything Goes student rush?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 7:11pm

I was wondering the same thing. I think I'm going to try get SR on Saturday for this show.

Ajpuppypal Profile Photo
Ajpuppypal
#4Anything Goes student rush?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 8:48pm

lol me to im going to try for a sat matinee but i dont know if people are getting tickets and i dont know when i have see people say they are available 30 min before curtain and i have also seen one person say 3hrs before curtain.

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#5Anything Goes student rush?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 11:08pm

Anything Goes had general rush, not student rush, so it is open to anyone. It costs $21.50, dirt cheap!
The general rush tickets are sold as soon as the box office opens at 10 a.m.
I tried rushing 3 weeks ago and got to the box office at around 10pm, didnt get tickets, but the people in front of me did, so if you go at around 9am, you are sure to get tickets! Hope this helped.
This site is very helpful with rushes and lotteries of all the shows on broadway, and it is always updated.
http://www.broadwayforbrokepeople.com/

bwaylvsong
#6Anything Goes student rush?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 11:13pm

A few weeks ago, I got there at 7:30am only to be told that there would not be ANY rush tickets that day. So no, it's not that easy at all.

yeah
#7Anything Goes student rush?
Posted: 7/19/11 at 9:59am

bwaylvsong, did you try to rush on a Fri. or Sat? I'm just curious as to why they wouldn't do rush tickets on that day. I can understand if it was a busy kind of show day (such as Fri. Sat. night or Wed. Sun. matinee). I wonder if that would happen on a Tues. night.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#8Anything Goes student rush?
Posted: 7/19/11 at 10:03am

Joel Grey is on vacation this week, so it might be easier to get tickets than it's been. The show was up on TKTS this past Sunday at 50%--first time in weeks.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

stone_blue
#9Anything Goes student rush?
Posted: 7/19/11 at 10:37am

I don't think his being on vacation is widely known, or that it's causing people to give up their hard-to-get tickets day of; the theater was completely full at the Sunday matinee. I was told there were no student rush tickets at half hour, so I waited in the cancellation line and got lucky. As far as I know that was the only pair of tickets to become available through cancellation.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#10Anything Goes student rush?
Posted: 7/19/11 at 10:39am

I was just working from conjecture, seeing that the first time one of the above-the-title stars happens to be out since the Tonys also coincided with the show being on TKTS in weeks, at a full 50% discount.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

bwaylvsong
#11Anything Goes student rush?
Posted: 7/19/11 at 12:00pm

I believe it was on a Thursday night. And this was BEFORE the Tonys.

beach2732 Profile Photo
beach2732
#12Anything Goes student rush?
Posted: 7/19/11 at 12:01pm

Student rush is only when there are tickets available, and since the show is selling out, there haven't been tickets to sell. I would recommend joining Hiptix. They have cheap student tickets for Anything Goes that you can purchase in advance (They set aside a certain number for every performance--they just go quickly and months in advance!).

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#13Anything Goes student rush?
Posted: 7/19/11 at 12:14pm

it's on tkts for 50% off again today

Ajpuppypal Profile Photo
Ajpuppypal
#14Anything Goes student rush?
Posted: 7/19/11 at 2:28pm

thanks everyone for all your help, i have decided to just buy the tickets online as i really want to see this show :)

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#15Anything Goes student rush?
Posted: 7/20/11 at 4:20am

General rush was $30 when I went. They had 8 tickets for matinee and 2 for evening. There were at least 50 ppl in line by the time the box office opened.

Videos