pixeltracker

Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012- Page 3

Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012

fingerlakessinger Profile Photo
fingerlakessinger
#50Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 6:07pm

I would ADORE for Caissie to bring it here. She really fits the part perfectly and plus...she is from here...so I dont know why bringing her here is an issue.
BUT I would love for Donna Vivino to possible do the part.
Here are my ideas
Molly: Caissie Levy, Donna Vivino, Shoshana Bean, Teal Wicks
(lots of Elphaba's...actually all Elphabas haha)

"Life in theater is give and take...but you need to be ready to give more then you take..."

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#51Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 6:08pm

The thought of Teal Wicks singing "With You" is giving me shivers.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

fingerlakessinger Profile Photo
fingerlakessinger
#52Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 6:11pm

^Right?! I think she would do amazingly well.

"Life in theater is give and take...but you need to be ready to give more then you take..."

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#53Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 6:15pm

Having recently seen her perform in an intimate cabaret setting, I was very impressed at how subtle she can be without losing any of the power of her voice. She's quite a talented woman.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#54Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 6:29pm

Kate Shindle is the best suggestion I've seen in this thread, assuming they're trying to replace Levy.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#55Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 6:34pm

According to the casting breakdown, rehearsal begins January 9th. The first preview is March 12th in advance of an April 23rd opening.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 8/22/11 at 06:34 PM

HistoryBoy2 Profile Photo
HistoryBoy2
#56Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 7:43pm

Caissie Levy is the best thing about the show. Bring her.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#57Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 7:47pm

According to the casting notice, all roles (including Oda Mae) are available.

somethingwicked
#58Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 8:21pm

AC126748, according to Equity rules, all roles have to be listed as available unless there are signed contracts at the time of the posting. That doesn't necessarily mean that the roles haven't been offered or cast- it just means the deals aren't finalized, which they wouldn't be since the official aspects of the transfer have just now been set in stone.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Updated On: 8/22/11 at 08:21 PM

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#59Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 8:58pm

YES!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

NPHCreel
#60Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/23/11 at 2:08am

I suspect Caissie will be brought over with the show but IF she's not, there are some wonderful suggestions here. Kate Shindle, Diana DeGarmo, Jennifer Daimiano,and Teal Wicks would all do justice to the role, though both Jennifer and Diana tend to read "early 20's" onstage. Depending on who was cast as Sam, there could be a bit of a mismatch if Molly looks too young. Plus, if Spiderman is still running I doubt they'd be willing to let go of Jen, and I'm still thinking Diana might be Godspell bound.

PopAria Profile Photo
PopAria
#61Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/23/11 at 2:23am

DeGarmo WAS being considered for Godspell...

She'd be great for this.

What about Kerry Butler??

NPHCreel
#62Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/23/11 at 3:06am

"DeGarmo WAS being considered for Godspell...

She'd be great for this."

Was being considered? Hmm, well if she's not doing Godspell, and Caissie doesn't transfer, I'd love to see it open on Broadway starring Aaron Tveit and Diana.

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#63Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/23/11 at 4:38am

I think Kate Shindle and Teal Wicks are the best suggestions for replacements. They would both be brilliant. I'm excited to see how the casting on Broadway turns out.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#64Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/23/11 at 9:15am

I like DeGarmo....but not in this show.

She was cast in the dropped Godspell, was she still actively being considered for this one?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

THDavis Profile Photo
THDavis
#65Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/23/11 at 9:22am

I think Cassie sings the sh*t out of Molly, but I'd love to see Osnes in this role. So beautiful with a voice to match. I haven't had the chance to see her act on Broadway yet, but I'm sure she'd have Molly down without an issue.

I'd much prefer to see Cheyenne Jackson in this role over Aaron Tveit. Though it's clear I'm not a Tveit fan, he just doesn't seem an appropriate fit for Sam.

somethingwicked
#66Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/23/11 at 1:09pm

Darren Ritchie played Sam in the first workshop. Star casting aside, I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the mix for it again.

#67Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/23/11 at 1:35pm

No one mentioned the Brooks Atkinson Theatre. I wouldn't be surprised if Relatively Speaking is a limited run.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#68Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/23/11 at 1:40pm

The Brooks Atkinson is a relatively small (1069 seats) theatre as compared to The Lunt-Fontanne (1415 seats) or The Palace (1740 seats). I'm not sure how a new musical the size of GHOST would do there, both in space and ticket-wise.

hmpeterson Profile Photo
hmpeterson
#69Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/23/11 at 4:08pm

I don't mind Tveit but I think he's too young. And even if he isn't he comes across VERY young on stage. Cheyenne Jackson is a great suggestion but what about Colin Donnell? Would he leave Anything Goes? How about Marc Kudisch? I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted someone like Matthew Morrison. Although I don't know how that fits in with his Glee contract, but he would be great and a name to draw people.

As for Molly, lots of very talented ladies could play that part. Osnes would sing the hell out of it but if B&C is still going, she's out. Just as long as it isn't Diana DeGarmo. That girl is fingernails on a chalkboard. I know people love her on here (don't ask me why) but I just can't listen to her voice or watch her over the top acting. Horrible.

Maybe the Playboy Club will be canceled and Laura Benanti could do it!!

Amanda15
#70Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/23/11 at 5:08pm

I'm hoping the producers let Caissie do it if she's willing. I would love to see her in this role. I do love all the various suggestions (except Jen Daimiano) for Molly if Caissie isn't transferring. I'd probably cast Teal Wicks if it were up to me. I ADORE Diana as a performer and she's got the voice for the part, but I think she's a bit too young for the part.

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#71Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/23/11 at 5:54pm

I love Laura Benanti with all my soul, but vocally I just don't see her being right for this. The score is so pop/rock.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#72Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/23/11 at 6:06pm

How about Katharine McPhee? She may be riding a wave, if SMASHED is a hit.

hmpeterson Profile Photo
hmpeterson
#73Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/24/11 at 10:17am

McPhee would be a great suggestion but SMASH is a mid season pick up for NBC. The timing wouldn't work if Ghost is coming April 2012.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#74Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/24/11 at 6:57pm

Have the CD on order from Amazon. Unless it gets ripped apart it has a decent shot ue to its presold title. I know Mrs R wants to see it as she loves the movie

Poster Emeritus