Porgy and Bess Rush Line?

rougeduck Profile Photo
rougeduck
#1Porgy and Bess Rush Line?
Posted: 2/2/12 at 1:20pm

So I'm rushing the show today and it say they distribute at 5. What time do people usually start lining up, and is it usually a lot of people? Thaaanx.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2Porgy and Bess Rush Line?
Posted: 2/4/12 at 9:27pm

How did it go?

Where are the seats located?

bwaylvsong
#2Porgy and Bess Rush Line?
Posted: 2/4/12 at 10:10pm

I actually rushed that day- I got there around 4:30 and was 6th or so in line. I sat in row B all the way house left, and my view was amazing.

noahrp3
#3Porgy and Bess Rush Line?
Posted: 2/5/12 at 8:50am

I rushed last night. The show was sold out so they sold standing room at 5pm for $27. The view was amazing (which I wasn't expecting with that huge incline in the back of the orchestra).

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#4Porgy and Bess Rush Line?
Posted: 2/5/12 at 11:47pm

I tried to rush for the matinee yesterday (Saturday). Got there at about noon and the person in front of me got the last rush ticket.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#5Porgy and Bess Rush Line?
Posted: 3/8/12 at 8:58pm

Any recent experiences with Porgy and Bess rush? I'm going to try for tomorrow night's performance and want to know what time people have been getting there - for the 5PM rush - and if they've had a limited number / sold out. Thanks in advance!

TheaterAddict17 Profile Photo
TheaterAddict17
#6Porgy and Bess Rush Line?
Posted: 3/9/12 at 1:07pm

I saw the show last week on a weeknight. I got there at 4:30 and was the second person in line. Everyone got a seat and they were located in the first couple of row house left off to the side. We were able to move down to the first row and closer to the aisle, but both seats gave an amazing view!

This show is a must-see!

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#7Porgy and Bess Rush Line?
Posted: 3/9/12 at 2:01pm

I rushed it last Friday and got there at 4:30 and was 5th in line! I ended up with H 10 I think and it was a perfect view! absolutely loved it and the show, so if you get there between 4 and 4:30 you should be fine!

musicman_bwayfan
#8Porgy and Bess Rush Line?
Posted: 3/9/12 at 4:20pm

I went to Porgy and Bess last Friday and the orchestra was by no means sold out. At 6:50ish or so I got a student rush ticket and literally had my choice of where I wanted to sit. I asked for an aisle seat which was not a problem (and got one for the center aisle).

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#9Porgy and Bess Rush Line?
Posted: 3/9/12 at 11:35pm

I rushed today. I got in line at 4:35 and was seventh in line. I got orch row Q on the side (better view than I anticipated) and I was able to move up to the sixth row center for the second act.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

iflip4musicals Profile Photo
iflip4musicals
#10Porgy and Bess Rush Line?
Posted: 3/10/12 at 12:17am

I rushed the Sunday matinee (3/4) after losing both Once and Godspell lottos - so 1:20ish) and got two tickets (2 ids) for orch d house left.

"I've never encountered such religiously, you know, loyal fans as Broadway musical theater fans. It's amazing." --Allison Janney

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#11Porgy and Bess Rush Line?
Posted: 3/10/12 at 12:27am

I rushed last Friday at like 6:40ish and got a seat in the front orchestra. Perfect seat.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#12Porgy and Bess Rush Line?
Posted: 3/10/12 at 1:30am

Thank you for all of the updates - I now have one of my own!

Friday evening performance - I got to the rush line at 4:00 and by the time they started selling tickets the line was about 15 people deep. I was the first in line and got Orchestra Left Row P and I recognized other people from the line in rows behind me.

rocknroll123
#13Porgy and Bess Rush Line?
Posted: 3/10/12 at 1:34am

I want to rush it tomorrow (saturday) for the evening performance. Should I get there when the box office opens or at around 7ish when they start releasing some of the regular-price seats?

Updated On: 3/10/12 at 01:34 AM

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#14Porgy and Bess Rush Line?
Posted: 3/10/12 at 2:59pm

^ For evening performances they begin selling rush tickets at 5pm.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#15Porgy and Bess Rush Line?
Posted: 3/11/12 at 12:29am

I got to the theatre at 4pm on the dot this afternoon, and was fifth or sixth in line. Within fifteen minutes or so, the line got quite long. Keep in mind it's spring break for many people, so any rush programs are even more populated than normal.

#16Porgy and Bess Rush Line?
Posted: 3/11/12 at 4:32pm

Are they really only allowing 1 ticket per person in line? Am wanting to go Tues but the person I'd go with is working and can't rush with me... -sigh-

Videos