pixeltracker

this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!

this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!

musicaltheatreman2
bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#2this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 5:59pm

k.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#2this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 6:10pm

Amazing! I hope future Evitas possess a strong and memorable voice. It's not too much to ask. : ) from rC in Austin, tExas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
KylePKJP Profile Photo
KylePKJP
#4this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 7:13pm

^^ Oh. My. GOD, Jordan. I can't... I don't... what the... holy sh!t that's some bad right there.

wonkit
#5this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 7:18pm

My ears are bleeding.

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#6this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 7:20pm

Actually, Jordan, that is a somewhat brilliant take on the show. Through staging and singing the opening moments of the show in that manner, we empathize completely with Eva, as everyone watching wishes they were dead as well.

NYCTheatreFan
#7this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 7:27pm

This is how it should be sound if the cast of Dynasty were performing the show. The whole point of the song is about preparing to charm the world. Unless world leaders are wholly enamored of a woman shrieking in their face who looks as though she is about to eat them dinner, this will not do the trick. Evita succeeds because she knows how to manipulate opportunity to her advantage. She was any opportunist, not a calculating bitch. Patti plays it as she were Joan Collins with PMS.

Jordan Catalano
BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#9this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 7:36pm

The smut going around was that Stacey got the role of Eva because she has blonde hair. Jennifer sings so much better but has brown hair, unfortunately.

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#10this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 7:42pm

Dr. Jennifer Rinaldi should be ordered by the State of Colorado not to come within 100 yards of a theater, auditorium, or rehearsal space. Better yet, assign her one of those monitoring devices.

Jordan Catalano
#11this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 7:43pm

Kyle told me before AP Chem that Jennifer told Courtney that she and Amber (Amber K. not Amber R.) told Stacey that Stacy told her about what Ryan and Chad did during B Lunch to her locker while she was in Economics since she has A Lunch and after that, she (Stacy, not Stacey) decided to go all GLEE on her and slushie her little sister Jenny but Jenny was walking down the hall with Jeff who knows that if Katy sees the two of them she'd totally blow a fuse but she was in Art (since she switched that with her drama class when she didn't get Goody Proctor in the scene they were doing for districts and wanted a change) but she had a bathroom pass right then and saw them and that's when the fight started and Jennifer just happened to be coming out of the bathroom and the door hit Katy in the face breaking all her teeth and that's why she didn't get the part.

At least that's what's all over Facebook.

ABB2357 Profile Photo
ABB2357
#12this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 7:51pm

I haven't seen the new revival yet, but this is certainly better than what Ashford normally comes up with.

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#13this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 8:22pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGdHTCZZclI&feature=relmfu

Patti blowing the roof off

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#14this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 9:09pm

Best production of "Evita," ever. That girl sounds like she was trying to channel Julie Covington and Madonna.

Someone get Dr. Jennifer Rinaldi a Special Achievement Tony. Now.

And Jordan, for his post about Katy. this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!

Edit to say: I love how the girl playing Eva quiets down when she's singing with the girl on the right, and then when the belter kicks in over there on the left, those two start belting to keep up. Priceless.

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2
Updated On: 4/14/12 at 09:09 PM

rosscoe(au)
#15this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 9:17pm

Dr. Jennifer Rinaldi is doing the Lion King next, budget should be around 9.95. Which will cover the hot glue gun and pipe cleaners!

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Jordan Catalano
#16this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 9:22pm

They're borrowing some ferrets and a cat from the local pet store for that show. They were told it's ok as long as they give them a quarter page ad in the program.

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#17this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 10:04pm

I've changed my mind. THIS is how "Rainbow High" should sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1AC-mWHiME

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#18this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 10:08pm

Oh sheesh, y'all! They were just in New York! I'm glad the city survived!

http://thesouthgargoyle.com/?p=2075

ABB2357 Profile Photo
ABB2357
#19this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 10:14pm

This is how "Good Night and Thank You" should sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVCso_d5uzE

PattiLover Profile Photo
PattiLover
#20this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 10:17pm

All hail the true Rainbow High.

PattiLover Profile Photo
PattiLover
Jordan Catalano
#22this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 10:32pm

I've never seen that video of Adele before!

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#23this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 10:42pm

That girl in the "Good Night And Thank You" video sounds like she should be playing Baby June. And nice job with the table!

rosscoe(au)
#24this is the way rainbow high should sound!!!
Posted: 4/14/12 at 10:45pm

What does one say about this!

My favorite part of the story: includes talented actors who have never done theater before such as senior Salem Zarou.

Evita, a musical written by Andrew Lloyd Weber, is going to be featured in the South High School auditorium on March 15-17 at 7:00 p.m.

Drama and English teacher Ms. Jennifer Rinaldi traveled to Argentina last year. She came back invigorated with a love for Argentinian culture and history. This spurred her to want to feature Evita for its significance to Argentinian history. Rinaldi said she chose this play because, “ it’s a wonderful opportunity to show off our student’s extraordinary talents and to show off our new fancy auditorium.”

Evita was a popular musical on Broadway and in London in the 1980’s. Evita is about the reign of a military dictator in Argentina around the 1940’s. Eva, who was a very poor girl, blackmails her first love, Augustín Magaldi, into taking her to Buenos Aires, where she soon meets Juan Perón, who she later marries. Juan Perón, who was at the time the Secretary of Labor, soon becomes the president of Argentina. Eva as his first lady grows in fame becoming an icon to the poor and the working class. But then, to the people’s dismay, Eva dies at the age of 33.

The leads in South’s production of Evita are junior Rosa Wenger as Eva Peron, senior Chris Slay as Che Guevara, senior Josh Lipson as Juan Peron, freshman Nikko Pappas as Augustin Magaldi, and junior Sarah McCarthy as Peron’s mistress. Evita will feature a lot of experienced and talented students like seniors DieuDonne Bolanga, who had been in at least three other plays before Evita, and Mariasha Bunch, who has been doing theater since she was five. Also joining the cast is junior Sam Bulkley, who has been in every play since his freshman year at South. The cast also includes talented actors who have never done theater before such as senior Salem Zarou, who is part of the ensemble, and junior Caitlee Mead, who is also in the ensemble. There are even have a few actors involved in activities outside of theater including senior Luis Lopez-Barraza who is in South JROTC, and sophomore Rodney Mutagamba who played soccer for South last year and may join the track team this year. So go see Evita and support your fellow South High Rebels!

Videos