Miss Peters in Concert

redmustang
#1Miss Peters in Concert
Posted: 4/15/12 at 1:57am

I'm seeing her Sunday in Cincinnati. First time in concert. Updated On: 4/18/12 at 01:57 AM

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#2Miss Peters in Concert
Posted: 4/21/12 at 3:51pm

Congrats, sure you will have fantastic time.

ABB2357 Profile Photo
ABB2357
#2Miss Peters in Concert
Posted: 4/21/12 at 5:14pm

I second that. Be sure to let us know the song list - curious if it's the same as when I saw her last year in LA.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#3Miss Peters in Concert
Posted: 4/21/12 at 5:55pm

Saw her about 3 or 4 years ago in Denver and she was wonderful.

Just give the world Love.

Dollypop
#4Miss Peters in Concert
Posted: 4/21/12 at 6:46pm

I'll be seeing her on May 9th when she sings with the Boston Pops.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

BroadwayBrat
#5Miss Peters in Concert
Posted: 4/22/12 at 2:24am

See you there! Cant wait. I Love Ms. Peters.

SoCalDirector
#6Miss Peters in Concert
Posted: 4/22/12 at 2:49am

I have seen her many times and you are in for a real treat. She is divine!

Miles Robert Mills

Chickiequotes85 Profile Photo
Chickiequotes85
#7Miss Peters in Concert
Posted: 4/23/12 at 1:32pm

Wow, I would love to see her perform live but I live in the UK Miss Peters in Concert
Expect a full review :)

isingbaritone
#8Miss Peters in Concert
Posted: 4/23/12 at 3:40pm

It was the best concert I have been to in a very long time. When she sang "Buddy's Eyes" and "Losing My Mind", I was in awe.

Here is the list of what I can remember:

Let Me Entertain You
Nothing Like A Dame
Some Enchanted Evening
Mr. Snow
Being Alive
You Could Drive a Person Crazy
When You Wish Upon A Star
Children Will Listen
No One Is Alone
Johanna
Fever
Buddy's Eyes
Losing My Mind

Her Encore was Kramer's Song

I know I am forgetting many of the other songs. She is truly a wonderful performer.

ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
#9Miss Peters in Concert
Posted: 4/23/12 at 4:04pm

No Rose's Turn?

Theatrical Landladies Profile Photo
Theatrical Landladies
#10Miss Peters in Concert
Posted: 4/23/12 at 5:53pm

Saw her some years ago in London and she was remarkable! So wonderful on and off stage and a genuinely lovely woman.

Thought her Sally was amazing.

Would love to see her in the UK again!

"Your eyes..... they shine like the pants on my blue serge suit"

redmustang
#11Miss Peters in Concert
Posted: 4/24/12 at 3:10pm

Saw her concert Sunday afternoon in Cincinnati at the Music Hall. Wonderful facility. Had great front row center seats. The show seems to be the same one she has done for a while (from reviews I've read), but I had never seen her in concert before. She looked stunning in a dark lilac gown slit up the front. She looked gorgeous. She was funny, witty and very sexy during There's Nothing Like a Dame and Fever. She mentioned how cold it was in Cincinnati and that she had a house for sale in Florida. That got a big laugh. And she told a cute joke she heard from Eli Wallach. She also mentioned that on April 16 she tore a ligament in her left foot, saw a doctor and had physical therapy before leaving for Ohio. Her left ankle was taped under her hose but she was moving well on stage. Also introduced Cubby O'Brien (from the Mickey Mouse Club) as her drummer. Let me add to the list of songs that isingbaritone stated, A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes. And I think she sang With So Little Time to be Sure of. I may be wrong, I was so mesmerized. Loved almost all her selections. I would have sacrificed You Could Drive a Person Crazy for Send in the Clowns or Not a Day Goes By. Or anything from Mack and Mabel or Sunday. Johanna was tremendous. And the most emotional moment had to be In Buddy's Eyes followed by a devastating Losing My Mind. At the end, when she sang Kramer's Song, she came down into the audience and sang the song as she slowly walked in front of the front row looking at each person as she passed. I nearly had a heart attack. At the end, she told the audience to go home and kiss their children and their pets. What a wonderful afternoon.

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#12Miss Peters in Concert
Posted: 4/24/12 at 7:00pm

Thanks for the report! I'm glad you had a great time. I've seen Miss Peters nearly every time she's come to San Francisco for the last 15 years or so. I remember the first time I saw her do Johanna and how mesmerizing that was. I hope you'll have a chance to see her again.