Stephanie J. Block fan mail?

PeteGonBway Profile Photo
PeteGonBway
#1Stephanie J. Block fan mail?
Posted: 6/14/12 at 4:12pm

When I saw Anything Goes a few weeks ago (which I adored!!), I had to run and catch a train right after - so I couldn't go to the stage door.... Has anyone ever sent Ms. Block anything? Any luck getting things back from her if you include a SASE?

beautywickedlover
#2Stephanie J. Block fan mail?
Posted: 6/14/12 at 4:23pm

I sent her an e-mail one on her official website and she did respond. She also seemed very nice.

THEATRICAL100
#2Stephanie J. Block fan mail?
Posted: 6/14/12 at 4:23pm

Stephanie is a great person. I'm sure she'd be happy to sign whatever you send her.

Marla: I have to go sing about a life I never led.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#3Stephanie J. Block fan mail?
Posted: 6/14/12 at 4:33pm

Her time with Wicked has trained her to be more then accommodating with fan mail requests. Send it with SASE and she'll be happy to sign.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

PositivelyEmerald
#4Stephanie J. Block fan mail?
Posted: 6/14/12 at 6:28pm

I sent her a letter and SASE in April. She was extremely quick with her response, and sent back a signed playbill, and a signed anything goes press photo for me, and a friend.

Updated On: 6/14/12 at 06:28 PM

PeteGonBway Profile Photo
PeteGonBway
#5Stephanie J. Block fan mail?
Posted: 6/19/12 at 12:38pm

Anyone know the address for the Stephen Sondheim Theatre Stage Door?? I know its on the side under that covered breezeway, but I wasn't sure if it was the same was the main theatre address.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#6Stephanie J. Block fan mail?
Posted: 6/19/12 at 1:04pm

My friend is a HUGE fan of hers and is in constant contact with her via email and letters. She seems to be a very sweet and generous woman.

If you send it, she will sign Stephanie J. Block fan mail?

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#7Stephanie J. Block fan mail?
Posted: 6/19/12 at 1:07pm

I sent her a letter and SASE in April. She was extremely quick with her response, and sent back a signed playbill, and a signed anything goes press photo for me, and a friend.

She sent you a friend? How nice of her!

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Bwayman2
#8Stephanie J. Block fan mail?
Posted: 6/19/12 at 2:11pm

Just send your letter and a SASE to the ANYTHING GOES theater, and she is very happy to sign and return.

JamesBroadwayWiner Profile Photo
JamesBroadwayWiner
#9Stephanie J. Block fan mail?
Posted: 6/21/12 at 7:47pm

I would love to know as well, because she didn't come out of the stage door when I saw her in AG

"Brevity is the soul of wit"--Hamlet

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#10Stephanie J. Block fan mail?
Posted: 6/22/12 at 6:29am

I sent her a letter complementing a performance a few years back and was shocked to receive four signed photos and a handwritten note- she's extremely sweet!

I'm not at the moment, but I also used to email her every now and then, and she would always respond.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

My Oh My Profile Photo
My Oh My
#11Stephanie J. Block fan mail?
Posted: 6/22/12 at 7:23am

What's with every comment repeating the same bit about sending her anything and her being super happy to reply? LOL.

Guess I'm alone in reading responses before I...respond.

Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#12Stephanie J. Block fan mail?
Posted: 6/22/12 at 5:09pm

My Oh My - I think the point of several people responding is to show that it is just not one person who has received items back from her.

Videos