Martin Pakledinaz

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#1Martin Pakledinaz
Posted: 6/27/12 at 1:25pm

I'm not sure if people on this board are aware that Marty's health problems have returned, he is with his family and receiving pallative care for now.
Marty is one of the nicest, most talented men I have met in all my years in the Theatre.

Let's send some love, prayers and respect to this Amazing Artist and his loved ones.
Love ya Marty...

Updated On: 6/27/12 at 01:25 PM

NDR
#2Martin Pakledinaz
Posted: 6/27/12 at 1:32pm

sorry to hear this.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#2Martin Pakledinaz
Posted: 6/27/12 at 1:59pm

A lovely man, and a designer of lovely costumes:

Martin Pakledinaz

Martin Pakledinaz

Martin Pakledinaz

Martin Pakledinaz

Martin Pakledinaz

Martin Pakledinaz

sundayclothes2
#3Martin Pakledinaz
Posted: 6/27/12 at 4:01pm

Such a sweet, talented, and genuine man.

Sending my thoughts and prayers his way.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#4Martin Pakledinaz
Posted: 7/8/12 at 10:56am

According to his Facebook page, Martin Pakledinaz passed away this morning. His costume designs brought such beauty to Broadway and I'm so glad I was able to enjoy his work both on Broadway and in DC.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#5Martin Pakledinaz
Posted: 7/8/12 at 11:23am

Wow. I gasped reading that. I just saw Anything Goes yesterday and kept thinking how gorgeous the costumes were and what a talented man he was. Rest in Peace, Marty.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#6Martin Pakledinaz
Posted: 7/8/12 at 12:18pm

Sorry to hear this.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#7Martin Pakledinaz
Posted: 7/8/12 at 12:41pm

Rest in peace, Marty. Thanks for all those beautiful, beautiful clothes.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#8Martin Pakledinaz
Posted: 7/8/12 at 2:16pm

"Now I know I have a heart....."

Rest in Peace Sweet Talent.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#9Martin Pakledinaz
Posted: 7/8/12 at 5:05pm

RIP Martin Pakledinaz

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#10Martin Pakledinaz
Posted: 7/8/12 at 5:23pm

What a loss.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#11Martin Pakledinaz
Posted: 7/8/12 at 10:58pm

I am very sad to hear this. My encounter with him was a very brief one at the Flea Market, where he was working the costume design sketch tables. I had won a silent auction for part of one of his costumes from Lend Me a Tenor, and I asked him for his autograph. He wrote me a personalized note that said, "Welcome to the Lend Me a Tenor Family."

It was a nice, generous thing to do for a total stranger. A talented man with a kind heart.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

sephyr
#12Martin Pakledinaz
Posted: 7/8/12 at 11:04pm

RIP Martin! Those are some wonderful costumes. God bless his family.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#13Martin Pakledinaz
Posted: 7/8/12 at 11:41pm

I was also at Anything Goes last night and I was thinking about how gorgeous Reno’s dress at the top of the first act was. I also really loved his costumes for Gypsy, watching Louise’s transformation from crunchy tomboy to glamorous superstar was a huge tribute to Pakledinaz’s work.

sopranobiz Profile Photo
sopranobiz
#14Martin Pakledinaz
Posted: 7/9/12 at 11:27am

What a talented man. RIP Martin.

Videos