pixeltracker

Updated: Kate Middleton gives birth to a son.- Page 2

Updated: Kate Middleton gives birth to a son.

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#25Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/3/12 at 4:00pm

Ha, yes!!!

Roscoe
#26Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/3/12 at 4:07pm

That little bit at the end of that clip with the cake is just pure genius.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#27Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/3/12 at 4:11pm

They did. We have our gorgeous little Princess Estelle. They are much less about pomp and circumstance, but they are absolutely well followed. When Victoria, the eldest, was born, the law said that a male heir overruled a female heir. Once Prince Karl Philip was born, the law was changed to the first born, so Victoria is the Crown Princess. Karl Philip is the second,obviously, and Princess Madeline is the youngest. She got engaged last month. Karl Philip is a bit of a player. They all look like they were carved out of cream cheese. Much like in in the UK, there is much debate about the need for them. They mostly do goodwill type things and ceremonial stuff. I like having them, though.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Scripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
#28Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/3/12 at 4:47pm

Notice this was announced a few hours after the Pope announced he was on Twitter.

Buckingham Palace can't stand it when the Vatican tries to grab the headlines.

bobs3
#29Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/3/12 at 5:17pm

According to royal protocol, in public the Duchess of Cambridge has to curtsy to Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie because they are in the line of succession (fifth and sixth, respectively). She does not do so in private. Once she becomes the Princess of Wales she will no longer have to curtsy to Beatrice and Eugenie as she will be the wife of the heir apparent. She also curtsys to Camilla in public but again she does not do so in private. She and Camilla are reportedly very close.

Updated On: 12/4/12 at 05:17 PM

StockardFan Profile Photo
StockardFan
#30Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/3/12 at 5:51pm

Interesting, bobs! I think they should have to curtsy to her just to make up for those hats they wore to the wedding.

J/K

KFTC!!!!!

SonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
#31Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/4/12 at 7:53am

Best name for the whole thing from a friends Facebook page, "Kate Expectations".

kadu335 Profile Photo
kadu335
#32Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/4/12 at 11:01am

Speaking of the Swedish royal family, they get a lot of publicity here in Brazil (mostly because of Queen Silvia's Brazilian roots). She comes to Brazil quite often as well to do charity work.

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

NoName3 Profile Photo
NoName3
#33Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/4/12 at 1:38pm

Kate is publicly styled a duchess so that she doesn't outrank Camilla, who agreed to be publicly styled a duchess because of enormous public opposition, at the time, to her taking Diana's former title Princess of Wales. Elizabeth made both that decision and the order of who curtsies to whom and under what circumstances. Each is a princess and a duchess but, as explained, use their duchess title publicly.

Kate and Camilla are indeed supposedly very close but according to some of the British tabloids, Beatrice and Eugenie detest her. Kate does not have to curtsy to them when she is with Wills, since he outranks them, but when she is not with him, she has to curtsy. The Royals take this stuff very seriously.

Both Wills and Harry are princes of Wales.

Updated On: 12/4/12 at 01:38 PM

NoName3 Profile Photo
NoName3
#34Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/4/12 at 1:50pm

And here's the best princess story I've read in awhile:

Norway's Crown Princess Mette-Marit secretly traveled to India to care for the newborn twins borne by the surrogate mother hired by her gay chief of staff, a close friend, when he and his husband were unable to get visas to go themselves.

http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2012/12/norway-princess-secretly-travel-to.html#disqus_thread

Updated On: 12/5/12 at 01:50 PM

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#35Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/4/12 at 2:39pm

This thread has been up for a day and we haven't discussed names yet? I really like Charlotte for a girl. Undecided on a boy's name.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

random person 112
#36Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/4/12 at 5:35pm

Excellent idea MadBrian, in the 1800's there was a Princess Charlotte of Wales, who if she had not died at the age of 21, would have become Queen of England. She was the very humble, proper, charitable and kind daughter of the rather Corpulent, cruel, harsh, and outright douchebag George VI. She was the Princess Diana of her day. This child will also most likely have three, four or even five names given it will be the future king or queen. My money is on Mary Alexandra Frances Caroline. Though i would love Victoria as a first name too.

random person 112
#37Kate Middleton is pregnant.

Excellent idea MadBrian, in the 1800's there was a Princess Charlotte of Wales, who if she had not died at the age of 21, would have become Queen of England. She was the very humble, proper, charitable and kind daughter of the rather Corpulent, cruel, harsh, and outright douchebag George VI. She was the Princess Diana of her day. This child will also most likely have three, four or even five names given it will be the future king or queen. My money is on Mary Alexandra Frances Caroline. Though i would love Victoria as a first name too.

random person 112
#38Kate Middleton is pregnant.

Reginald Tresilian
#39Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/4/12 at 6:19pm

"Both Wills and Harry are princes of Wales."

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect. As I understand it, the title is given only to the heir apparent. And it's not something that happens automatically; Charles wasn't created Prince of Wales until he was nine years old.

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#40Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/4/12 at 6:29pm

I want to know what Harry's girls call him in bed.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#41Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/4/12 at 7:52pm

Who cares

Poster Emeritus

NoName3 Profile Photo
NoName3
#42Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/4/12 at 8:09pm

This is long and boring concerning William and Harry's styles, you may want to skip it --

>Both Wills and Harry are princes of Wales.

>>I'm pretty sure this is incorrect.

I should have been more specific but I was too lazy. This doesn't mean that either is THE Prince of Wales, just that they are his sons and traditionally carry his name. That's why I didn't capitalize princes.

From Wikipedia (not the most reliable source, I know):

"Titles and styles
15 September 1984 – present: His Royal Highness Prince Henry of Wales

The Prince's style and title in full is His Royal Highness Prince Henry Charles Albert David of Wales. As a British prince, Harry holds no surname; however, as with the other male-line grandchildren of Elizabeth II, he uses the name of the area over which his father holds title; i.e., Wales. Past precedent is that such surnames are dropped from usage in adulthood, after which either title alone, or Mountbatten-Windsor is used when necessary.[82] Prince Harry, however, continues to use Wales as his surname for military purposes and is known as Captain Harry Wales in such contexts."

"Titles and styles

21 June 1982 – 29 April 2011: His Royal Highness Prince William of Wales
29 April 2011 – present: His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge
in Scotland: 29 April 2011 – present: His Royal Highness The Earl of Strathearn[102]

Royal Monogram

The Prince's style and title in full is His Royal Highness Prince William Arthur Philip Louis, Duke of Cambridge, Earl of Strathearn, Baron Carrickfergus, Royal Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter,[103] Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle.[102] As a British prince, William does not use a surname for everyday purposes. For formal and ceremonial purposes, the children of Princes of Wales, like the children of Royal Dukes, use the title of Prince or Princess before their Christian name and their father's territorial designation after it. So Prince William was "Prince William of Wales". Such area-based surnames are discarded by women when they marry and by men if they are given a peerage of their own,[104] such as when Prince William was given his dukedom."

Updated On: 12/4/12 at 08:09 PM

Reginald Tresilian
#43Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/4/12 at 8:17pm

Right. So William was no longer a prince of Wales once he became the duke of Cambridge.

Harry sort of is now, but won't be once he acquires another title (most likely upon his marriage) or once his father becomes king (assuming he does).

I think.

So they were neither ever a prince of Wales in the sense their father is. But yeah, sort of.

Updated On: 12/4/12 at 08:17 PM

NoName3 Profile Photo
NoName3
#44Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/4/12 at 8:52pm

And I didn't say they were.

Updated On: 12/4/12 at 08:52 PM

Reginald Tresilian
#45Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/4/12 at 8:55pm

Okay.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#46Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/4/12 at 10:00pm

So I was obviously talking out of my ass earlier in the thread regarding titles, but I still imagine Kate will be known publicly as Princess Catherine when she inevitably moves up a few ranks.

Perhaps this baby will be gay. I wonder how that would go down by the time, decades from now, they take the throne.

These are the things I think about.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

bobs3
#47Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/4/12 at 11:26pm

"Harry sort of is now, but won't be once he acquires another title (most likely upon his marriage) or once his father becomes king (assuming he does)."

There is speculation that Prince Harry will be named Duke of Edinburgh after Prince Philip dies.

The Duke of Windsor title is also available but that is a touchy subject with the Royal Family.

HMQ has complete control over who is given what title. For instance, neither of Princess Anne's children were given titles upon their marriages. Her son is known as Mr. Peter Phillips and her daughter Mrs. Zara Tindall, MBE.

random person 112
#48Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/4/12 at 11:36pm

bobs, if you don't mind there are quite a few alterations that need to be made to your statement. It has been announced that the Duke of Edinburgh title will given to the Queens youngest son Prince Edward and later his son the viscount Severn. There are quite a few empty Dukedoms besides Windsor though, if the Queen decides to give Harry a dukedom upon marriage. HM did not choose to not give Zara and Peter titles. Both of Princess Annes husbands turned down offers of a dukedom, earldom, or viscount. Anne also turned down titles for her children. It is not a right of female line descendents of royals to be given an earldom, or dukedom as female line inheritance is not possible for titles, the same is true for the children of Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie of Monaco. The defunct dukedoms available to Harry are, but not limited to: Clarence, Cumberland, and Avondale. They can also create one for him such as Duke of Sandringham.

Updated On: 12/4/12 at 11:36 PM

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#49Kate Middleton is pregnant.
Posted: 12/5/12 at 2:28am

Keeping track is not a job I'd want.

Videos