pixeltracker

Betsy Wolfe and Adam Kantor to Star in Revival of Jason Robert Brown's The Last Five Years at Second Stage

Betsy Wolfe and Adam Kantor to Star in Revival of Jason Robert Brown's The Last Five Years at Second Stage

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#2Betsy Wolfe and Adam Kantor to Star in Revival of Jason Robert Brown's The Last Five Years at Second Stage
Posted: 12/17/12 at 1:34pm

Betsy is going to be PHENOMENAL. So excited to see her in this show. I wonder who will take over for her for Drood's final performances.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell
Updated On: 12/17/12 at 01:34 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Betsy Wolfe and Adam Kantor to Star in Revival of Jason Robert Brown's The Last Five Years at Second Stage
Posted: 12/17/12 at 1:39pm

Adam Kantor looks like Dean Monroe in that pic.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#4Betsy Wolfe and Adam Kantor to Star in Revival of Jason Robert Brown's The Last Five Years at Second Stage
Posted: 12/17/12 at 2:01pm

Betsy Wolfe is going to be incredible.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#5Betsy Wolfe and Adam Kantor to Star in Revival of Jason Robert Brown's The Last Five Years at Second Stage
Posted: 12/17/12 at 2:15pm

Betsy on paper seems perfect, (that's also what folks said about Finneran as Hannigan).
So, I am mildly guarded.

Adam is a cutie, I'll have to check him out on the tube.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#6Betsy Wolfe and Adam Kantor to Star in Revival of Jason Robert Brown's The Last Five Years at Second Stage
Posted: 12/17/12 at 2:22pm

I've only seen Kantor once, in a concert. He's sexy as hell onstage.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

mmh1019 Profile Photo
mmh1019
#7Betsy Wolfe and Adam Kantor to Star in Revival of Jason Robert Brown's The Last Five Years at Second Stage
Posted: 12/17/12 at 2:25pm

such EXCELLENT casting!! I thought Adam was a strong Mark, having your broadway debut in the closing company of RENT must have been crazy nervewracking but I thought he did a great job.

iluvtheatertrash
#8Betsy Wolfe and Adam Kantor to Star in Revival of Jason Robert Brown's The Last Five Years at Second Stage
Posted: 12/17/12 at 2:28pm

Yawn....

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#9Betsy Wolfe and Adam Kantor to Star in Revival of Jason Robert Brown's The Last Five Years at Second Stage
Posted: 12/17/12 at 2:39pm

My question is, what happened to DINER that Adam was involved in this spring as well? Is that postponed, or is it opening that late in the season that he'll be able to do one and rehearse the other.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#11Betsy Wolfe and Adam Kantor to Star in Revival of Jason Robert Brown's The Last Five Years at Second Stage
Posted: 12/17/12 at 2:46pm

everythingtaboo, DINER is indefinitely postponed.

This seems like wonderful casting. Betsy Wolfe is particularly perfect, and I think was many people on this board's first choice for Cathy when this production was announced (myself included.)

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 12/17/12 at 02:46 PM

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#12Betsy Wolfe and Adam Kantor to Star in Revival of Jason Robert Brown's The Last Five Years at Second Stage
Posted: 12/17/12 at 4:17pm

I want that Erin Davie/Betsy Wolfe SIDESHOW to happen (it never will). I imagine there will definitely be an album of this production, it'll be a great listen.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#13Betsy Wolfe and Adam Kantor to Star in Revival of Jason Robert Brown's The Last Five Years at Second Stage
Posted: 12/17/12 at 4:40pm

I'm kind of underwhelmed by this news.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Jordan Catalano
alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#15Betsy Wolfe and Adam Kantor to Star in Revival of Jason Robert Brown's The Last Five Years at Second Stage
Posted: 12/17/12 at 4:44pm

I would actually be more than okay with Norm Lewis as Jamie. Let's make it happen.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
Jordan Catalano
#17Betsy Wolfe and Adam Kantor to Star in Revival of Jason Robert Brown's The Last Five Years at Second Stage
Posted: 12/17/12 at 4:46pm

But in all seriousness these are two VERY talented performers and I'm very excited to see what they bring to this show.

Videos