JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews

PB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
#100JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
Posted: 4/19/13 at 6:45pm

Jekyl & Hyde in Concert was performed at the Lenape PAC, Marlton, NJ back in 2004 with Rob Evan as Jekyll/Hyde, Kate Shindle as Lucy and Lauren Kennedy as Emma. Sets were a stage and a chair, as I recall.

This was done with a 30 piece orchestra! No Board of Governors, No Facade, No Murder!Murder! and No Umbrellas!

Here's a link to my review:

https://pennsylvania.broadwayworld.com/article/Jekyll-Hyde-in-Concert-20040719-page2

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#101JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
Posted: 4/19/13 at 8:09pm

He should open his shows open on April Fools day and the critics can join in on the fun by all giving raves.

Poster Emeritus

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#102JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
Posted: 4/19/13 at 10:29pm

Who do we blame for this mess?

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#103JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
Posted: 4/19/13 at 10:30pm

Tomorrow is 420. National day of celebration for all stoners. Perfect time for this show. IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO SEE IT.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#104JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
Posted: 4/19/13 at 11:20pm

Well, CPD, it seems to me that the bitter theatre queens and vindictive critics are to blame here.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#105JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
Posted: 4/19/13 at 11:24pm

Ah, yes Kad.
We are so powerful.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#106JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
Posted: 4/19/13 at 11:29pm

If only it were starting Lea Michele & Chris Colfer.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#107JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/13 at 12:04am

So when will they announce the anticipated extension.

Poster Emeritus

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#108JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/13 at 12:05am

It'll coincide with the announcement of Smash's third season.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#109JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/13 at 12:51am

" IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO SEE IT."

Nope,

Sorry

Didn't help the show one bit.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#110JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/13 at 4:07am

My **** is better than yours.

silent
#111JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/13 at 10:53pm

Saw the 2pm show today. Constantine, Teal and Deborah were amazing! "Rock opera" is the best way to describe this show. Did not leave disappointed.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#112JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/13 at 11:41pm

Heard the cast singing live on Sirius Broadway channel today while driving. Wasn't too impressed. Not bad vocals, but nothing to make me want to buy a ticket. I still might have to just see how much of a mess this is.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#113JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/13 at 1:47am

"My **** is better than yours."

No ***** is strong enough to make the show any good.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#114JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/13 at 1:59am

My **** is.

aaronb
#115JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
Posted: 4/27/13 at 11:18am

I loved this show. No joke.

“ 'Did anyone laugh?' James Whale asks his gardener, Clayton Boone, in Bill Condon’s Gods and Monsters. Clayton had just caught Whale’s movie, The Bride of Frankenstein, on TV the night before. Covering, and afraid of insulting his employer, Clayton lies: 'No.' 'Pity,' replies Whale. 'People are so earnest nowadays.' Shocked, Clayton asks, 'Why? Was it supposed to be funny?' 'Of course!' cries Whale. 'I had to make it interesting for myself, you see. A comedy about death. The trick is not to ruin it for anyone who isn’t in on the joke.'

"Jekyll & Hyde, currently running at the Marquis Theatre, is in on the joke. It is a gleefully ham-fisted revival, complete with wonderfully literal sets—a pimp named Spider (David Benoit) has decorated his whorehouse like a web—while Jekyll’s (Constantine Maroulis) cursive scroll is superimposed behind the actors, gravely contemplating the “primitive duality of man” and the nature of evil, akin to the narrator’s contemplative lines in The Rocky Horror Picture Show."
My review of JEKYLL & HYDE

silent
#116JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
Posted: 4/27/13 at 12:51pm

^ Enjoyed that review

aaronb
#117JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
Posted: 4/27/13 at 7:29pm

Thanks!

Videos