pixeltracker

Book of Mormon cast as of late?- Page 14

Book of Mormon cast as of late?

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#325Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 2/20/17 at 8:28pm

^Bud Weber is doing the matinees as Elder Price on Saturday and Sunday. I've seen both Bud and Dom and they are both fantastic Prices with Bud being a little more on the sassy side while Dom is more arrogant. Both have fantastic voices with Bud giving some nice little riffs while Dom just overall has a very impressive voice. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#326Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 2/21/17 at 10:14pm

Brian Sears is the new Cunningham on Broadway. Billy Eugene Jones is the new Mafala. Nyk Bielak is back as the Cunningham standby.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#327Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 2/21/17 at 11:58pm

I was wondering about Mafala. Thank you!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

PepperedShepherd Profile Photo
PepperedShepherd
#328Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 2/22/17 at 12:58am

ACL2006 said: "Brian Sears is the new Cunningham on Broadway."

Then I have no reason to see BoM the next time I'm in New York. I've seen Sears twice already (in London) and he is by far my least favorite Cunningham.

Updated On: 2/22/17 at 12:58 AM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#329Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 2/22/17 at 8:31am

It's crazy to think I saw Nic 4 years ago in Chicago and he's still with the show. I know Book of Mormon is a steady pay check, but I'd love to see him go on to another show. My dream is to see him as King George in Hamilton, or Kristoff in Frozen. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#330Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 2/22/17 at 9:54am

Nic's been with the show since almost the beginning. He was the first Elder Price standby, joining in August 2011, then got bumped up to the role once Rannels left. He then opened the Jumamosi tour & later the West End production. 

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#331Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 7/16/17 at 9:51am

FYI, long time original cast member Lewis Cleale left the show this week. I believe it's only temporary as Cleale is doing Sondheim on Sondheim at the Hollywood Bowl. Mike McGowan is now in the role.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#332Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 9/25/17 at 7:15pm

OBC Maia Nkenge Wilson has left the show for Waitress(Becky). This leaves just three original cast members left: John Eric Parker, Tommar Wilson & Tyson Jennette(swing).

LizzieCurry
#333Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 9/25/17 at 7:17pm

ACL2006 said: "FYI, long time original cast member Lewis Cleale left the show this week. I believe it's only temporary as Cleale is doing Sondheim on Sondheim at the Hollywood Bowl. Mike McGowan is now in the role."

Also, this is happening again since Lewis Cleale is currently doing The Honeymooners! I assume he'll be back?

And Nikki Renee Daniels is back from her maternity leave. Kim Exum is now on tour.

Updated On: 9/25/17 at 07:17 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#334Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 9/25/17 at 8:23pm

THE HONEYMOONERS is eyeing Broadway, so maybe Cleale is done with Mormon for a while?

And Bre Jackson is in Maia's track now.

ClumsyDude15
#335Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 9/26/17 at 12:39am

I went to see the show on Saturday matinee after having not been there for a little bit and was very shocked when the Mission Control Center voice was not Lewis and then seeing Mike walk on for the airport scene. I loved Mike on the tour and am very happy to see him playing the role on Broadway. 

Saturday was my first time seeing Brian Sears as Cunningham and I really liked him. Definitely a little more on the loud side but very funny and I really enjoyed that he's doing one non scripted/canned Naba name (He called her Nancy Pelosi).

Nikki was back and sounded wonderful, although I do miss Kim and can't wait to see her on the tour. Nic was as per usual a delight. Stephen Ashfield was out and I caught Hardy Weaver on as McKinley in one of his last days with the company as he left on Sunday. I love his ending of Turn It Off being "Wham, Bam, Thank You Ma'ma". It was a kind of full circle moment as I saw Hardy's Broadway McKinley debut and saw one of his last shows. 

I also happened to end up standing next to an actual member of the Church of Latter Day Saints during the show and spoke with him a little at intermission where he definitely wasn't happy with some parts of it. He did however remain for most of the second act before bolting out during Joseph Smith American Moses when Jesus appeared toward the end. 

Jacob Haren (of the Jumamosi company) replaces Hardy on Tuesday/today and there will be a new Elder Harris/Poptarts as well. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 9/26/17 at 12:39 AM

Call_me_jorge
#336Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 11/8/17 at 9:02pm

I was flipping through Instagram and I noticed Gabe Gibbs left the tour on October 22nd and he was replaced by someone new to the show named Kevin Clay. Was there an announcement and I just missed it? Or is the PR team just super lazy. I couldn’t even find a happy trails post from the Book of Mormon Instagram which did one for Lee Slobotkin and Myha’la.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#337Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 11/8/17 at 9:05pm

Call_me_jorge said: "I was flipping through Instagram and I noticed Gabe Gibbs left the tour on October 22nd and he was replaced by someone new to the show named Kevin Clay. Was there an announcement and I just missed it? Or is the PR team just super lazy. I couldn’t even find a happy trails post from the Book of Mormon Instagram which did one for Lee Slobotkin and Myha’la."

Kevin Clay has been with the tour for about 2 years, and for the last 8-10-ish months (not sure exactly) has been the standby Elder Price.

Updated On: 11/8/17 at 09:05 PM

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#338Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 11/8/17 at 9:18pm

I saw the show in September and the Cunningham is very funny but Nic Rouleau really sounds like he's phoning it in as Price.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#339Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 11/8/17 at 9:46pm

Rouleau has been with the show for 6 years now(from standby to West End to the national tour and back to Broadway). I think it's time he moves on to something else.

LizzieCurry
#340Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 11/16/17 at 5:46pm

I think his contract is up in February, so we'll see what happens then.

I'm also wondering what's going to happen with the (about half) American cast that's with the show in Melbourne right now, and if any of them are going to come back to the show in the northern hemisphere when it moves onto Sydney in January.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#341Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 11/16/17 at 5:52pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Was there an announcement and I just missed it? Or is the PR team just super lazy. I couldn’t even find a happy trails post from the Book of Mormon Instagram which did one for Lee Slobotkin and Myha’la."

Would there be an announcement that someone left the tour? At this point, most people are just going to see the show and don't know who's in it...

LizzieCurry
#342Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 11/16/17 at 6:01pm

Not usually. You have to scope out in individual actors' instagrams and twitter accounts for the most part.

ClumsyDude15
#343Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 11/16/17 at 6:11pm

The tour very rarely announces major casting changes and most of the time you'll find out as Lizzie mentioned via social media posts. I actually can't remember the last time the tour made any major announcement of someone joining. A quick Google shows the last major announcement was when Gavin Creel rejoined the Latter Day tour in 2014 and I believe that's the last major tour announcement I remember. 

Call_me_jorge
#344Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 1/12/18 at 10:36pm

Any idea if Nic and Brian are signing on for another year? I believe coming up in February will be nic 2nd anniversary since coming back to the broadway company. I love nic so much, but I just wish he will move on to something else. I could see him as a great KG3 replacement or a replacement for Gavin in Hello, Dolly.

LushyBear
#345Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 1/13/18 at 12:37am

I am able to choose to see the show in either San Francisco or Melbourne. Does anyone happen to have opinions on either casts? 

PepperedShepherd Profile Photo
PepperedShepherd
#346Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 1/13/18 at 6:52pm

LushyBear said: "I am able to choose to see the show in either San Francisco or Melbourne. Does anyone happen to have opinions on either casts?"

I saw both Elder Prices -- Ryan Bondy [Melbourne] and Kevin Clay [Tour] -- when they were understudies. Even then, they were both terrific.  I have also seen both current Elder Cunninghams -- Nyk Bielak [Melbourne] and Conner Peirson [Tour] -- and have a slight preference for Conner. Unfortunately, I haven't seen either of the Nabalunghis and only one of the Elder McKinleys (the Tour's PJ Adzima, who was quite good).

My experience has been that The Powers That Be at BOM have been maintaining an overall high standard in their casting (with a few exceptions), so you probably won't go wrong with either choice.

LizzieCurry
#347Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 1/13/18 at 8:05pm

LushyBear said: "I am able to choose to see the show in either San Francisco or Melbourne. Does anyone happen to have opinions on either casts?"

I didn't like Ryan Bondy very much as a standby on Broadway, but he was much better in Melbourne. I just saw the tour earlier this summer and it felt a little worn-out, but when I saw it in Melbourne, they were in previews and everyone was still extremely excited and in that early hyped-up mood. (For what it's worth, though, I also haven't seen Kayla Pecchioni, the new Nabulungi on tour, nor Kevin Clay, the new Elder Price on tour.) For overall cast cohesiveness and energy, I'd say Melbourne has a leg up, but again, it's been almost a year since I saw it there.

ClumsyDude15
#348Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 1/14/18 at 9:06am

I have not seen the Melbourne company of the show, but I did see both Ryan Bondy (on the tour as standby) and Nyk Bielak (on Broadway as standby) and I really enjoyed Ryan while I felt like Nyk's performance became more stale as time went on.

I just saw the tour with the current company [sans Kayla as Nabulungi as she just started] in DC in November and I think Conner Pierson is one of the best Cunninghams that the show has and Kevin Clay is doing a really great job as Price. I find PJ Adzima's McKinley to be rather bland, but the overall company I think is very strong. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#349Book of Mormon cast as of late?
Posted: 1/14/18 at 11:58am

I have to say I've stayed away from seeing the Broadway company for almost two years now. Last time I saw it it just seemed tired and phoned in. Nic was terrible and most of the cast has been with the show since it's opening or were on the 1st national tour. I think it may be time Parker, Stone & Loper clean house a little.