Hands on a Hardbody Release!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 7/2/13 at 12:07pm

I thought of you Jordan!

August 27th

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#2Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 7/2/13 at 12:10pm

Didn't they say July 7th was going to be the digital release date before? It never made any sense since it's not a Tuesday, but still. That's a bummer.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 7/2/13 at 12:17pm

I'm not sure there was ever a date released...but I'll be honest, I don't remember those things.

I'm all pre--ordered.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#3Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 7/2/13 at 12:35pm

UGHHH it was supposed to be digitally released a week from today (in stores on August 13) =( i'm so impatient

Updated On: 7/2/13 at 12:35 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#4Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 7/2/13 at 12:36pm

I got that email this morning. I'm really excited!!!

From what I was told, I think they changed the date of the release so that they could get everyone back to do a CD signing which makes me more than a little bit happy. Hands on a Hardbody Release!

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#5Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 7/2/13 at 12:58pm

I hate that I can never go to signings but this one hurts most of all (if they have one)

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#6Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 7/2/13 at 1:00pm

The original release date they set was July 9 digital release then August physical release? Are BOTH delayed until August? Or just the physical?

eperkins Profile Photo
eperkins
#7Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 7/2/13 at 1:32pm

BOTH are delayed. From their website:

This album is currently available for pre-order ONLY. CDs will ship in August & downloads will be available on August 27.

Please note that we expect to have CDs in stock around the beginning of August but cannot guarantee that they will ship before the official August 27 CD release date.

CATSNYrevival
#8Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 7/2/13 at 2:07pm

That's really lame.

dtzumbrunnen Profile Photo
dtzumbrunnen
#9Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 7/2/13 at 2:12pm

That's a bummer, but this is the first thing that will get me to show up for a signing! Marking my calendar for the 27th NOW.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#10Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 7/2/13 at 2:22pm

I was all excited for next week's release online!

CATSNYrevival
#11Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 7/2/13 at 3:10pm

^Me too. Hands on a Hardbody Release!

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#12Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 7/26/13 at 1:27pm

Finally up at Amazon.com for $16.32 but that could change.. It's $14.99 at Sh-K-Boom.
Hands on a Hard Body / O.B.C.R.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

jnb9872 Profile Photo
jnb9872
#13Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 8/8/13 at 3:10pm

The pre-order is also up on iTunes now, and they have preview links for each track!
iTunes link

Words don't deserve that kind of malarkey. They're innocent, neutral, precise, standing for this, describing that, meaning the other, so if you look after them you can build bridges across incomprehension and chaos. But when they get their corners knocked off, they're no good anymore…I don't think writers are sacred, but words are. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.

CATSNYrevival
#14Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 8/8/13 at 4:07pm

I still don't get why the digital release isn't coming earlier.

gchris11
#15Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 8/8/13 at 4:16pm

one of the worst scores I have heard in awhile, right up there with The Shaggs and A Tale Of Two Cities, The musical. Keep out of the hands of the general public.

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#17Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 8/8/13 at 5:02pm

Not shamed to say I went to iTunes just to hear Keala Settle laugh her ass off. God, it spreads like wildfire!

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#19Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 8/8/13 at 5:14pm

I got my email that it shipped.

....but the world goes 'round

Jordan Catalano
#20Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 8/8/13 at 5:15pm

So glad gchris chimed in. I was worried he'd like any show other than "his" show.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#21Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 8/8/13 at 5:21pm

Keep out of the hands of the general public.

Why?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#22Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 8/8/13 at 5:24pm

I'm really looking forward to hearing this!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Jordan Catalano
#23Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 8/8/13 at 5:31pm

It's such a fantastic recording and I'm so excited for people to be able to listen to it!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#24Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 8/8/13 at 5:41pm

Will those of us not too familiar with the show who haven't seen it live still be able to get the full impact of the score?

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#25Hands on a Hardbody Release!
Posted: 8/8/13 at 6:21pm

UGH! I wish the digital release was earlier! I absolutely adored this show. I can't believe I waited until the final performance to see it, but I think that made the experience all the better. Which also tends to make me think that no matter how good the recording is, it won't even come close to topping that evening. I'm still buying it though :)