'Bombshell' Benefit Concert?

jetts7 Profile Photo
jetts7
#1'Bombshell' Benefit Concert?
Posted: 7/21/13 at 1:59pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Marc-Shaiman-Scott-Wittman-to-Develop-SMASH-Inspired-Bombshell-Benefit-Concert-20130721

I am actually really excited to see this in the works! It has great potential of being such a great musical and I would see it live in an instant.

gavyj Profile Photo
gavyj
#2'Bombshell' Benefit Concert?
Posted: 7/21/13 at 2:02pm

Interesting. This could be awesome--if they let Hilty do all of the Marilyn role.

jetts7 Profile Photo
jetts7
#2'Bombshell' Benefit Concert?
Posted: 7/21/13 at 2:09pm

I know they are early in the process. But if this ever comes to Broadway, I could see Megan Hilty and Katharine McPhee alternating the role.

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#3'Bombshell' Benefit Concert?
Posted: 7/21/13 at 2:16pm

That is some awesome news! I hope this pushes them to open Bombshell on Broadway. I know that the composers said it would be vocally impossible to perform the songs 8 times a week, but come on, if someone can play Elphaba they can play Marilyn.

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#4'Bombshell' Benefit Concert?
Posted: 7/21/13 at 2:21pm

Of all the amazing Bombshell songs, they nominate "Hang on the moon"?!

JuanValjean72 Profile Photo
JuanValjean72
#5'Bombshell' Benefit Concert?
Posted: 7/21/13 at 2:34pm

Well these were nominations from the second season. Let Me Be Your Star was nominated last year. Hang The Moon was absolutely beautiful, but I wish that Moving the Line was also nominated. Greatly written, orchestrated and performed by Megan. I hope this concert is the first stage of developing a solid musical for the stage.

#6'Bombshell' Benefit Concert?
Posted: 7/21/13 at 2:40pm

Being a benefit, I assumed they'd recruit a variety of performers to do the songs.

FindingNamo
#7'Bombshell' Benefit Concert?
Posted: 7/21/13 at 2:49pm

PLEASE let this work with my stupid schedule.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

kieranbec Profile Photo
kieranbec
#8'Bombshell' Benefit Concert?
Posted: 7/21/13 at 2:50pm

They should open and close with Hilty on "Let Me Be Your Star" and "Don't Forget Me." They can get stars to fill in the middle. The only song that I'd be ok with them letting McPhee perform would be "Public Relations."

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#9'Bombshell' Benefit Concert?
Posted: 7/21/13 at 3:17pm

I hope Derek directs it, only to have a blowout with the creative staff, and Tom takes over.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#10'Bombshell' Benefit Concert?
Posted: 7/21/13 at 3:43pm

Norbert Leo Butz as Zanek, please. He performed "Good At What I Do," the cut song from "Catch Me If You Can" that became "Don't Say Yes" in Bombshell so well, that I'd love to see him take a crack at the much-improved song as it stands now.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#11'Bombshell' Benefit Concert?
Posted: 7/21/13 at 4:17pm

Am I the only one who is shocked this is going to happen? Especially after Shaiman basically said in that open letter of his "SMASH wasn't a pleasant experience". I for one AM excited for it to happen. I think if they just got Megan and Bernadette attached they'd still pack the house.

jetts7 Profile Photo
jetts7
#12'Bombshell' Benefit Concert?
Posted: 7/22/13 at 1:30am

If the show were to come to broadway, do you think they would lower the key to some of Marilyn's belt-y numbers?

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#13'Bombshell' Benefit Concert?
Posted: 7/22/13 at 3:01am

"if someone can play Elphaba they can play Marilyn"

That's bull. The two roles couldn't be more different. Compared to Marilyn, Elphaba is easy! Elphaba sings in 13 numbers, sometimes only a few lines. Marilyn sings 17 numbers most of while are solos or mostly lead by her. She opens Act 1 belting a song, she closes Act 1 belting a song, she opens Act 2 belting a song, she closes Act 2 belting a song.

The role would definitely need to be alternated or drastically changed.

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

Amalia Balash Profile Photo
Amalia Balash
#14'Bombshell' Benefit Concert?
Posted: 7/22/13 at 8:40am

I'd love to attend a Bombshell concert! I wouldn't even mind if McPhee sang some songs because my big problem with her was her non-acting, not her voice.

jbroadway4 Profile Photo
jbroadway4
#15'Bombshell' Benefit Concert?
Posted: 2/25/14 at 9:37pm

BUMP!

Has anyone heard any news about this concert?