pixeltracker

Michelle Williams in talks to play Sally Bowles- Page 5

Michelle Williams in talks to play Sally Bowles

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#100Michelle Williams in talks to play Sally Bowles
Posted: 9/4/13 at 8:13pm

Limited Engagement? Hell no. This revival will resurrect the rotating cycle of fabulous actresses and actors wanting to make their Broadway debuts -- just like the 1998 production did. I lost count how many times I saw that production between its original home: the Henry Miller Theatre (aka Kit Kat Klub) to its transfer to Studio 54. Each cast replacement was fantastic so (like CHICAGO) it was a show to keep revisiting.

This is what Studio 54 looked during CABARET's run there, with it's 'cabaret' setting featuring small tables surrounding the wooden stage platform, etc. There was waiter/waitress service at the tables before the performance and during intermission and the actors and actresses playing the Kit Kat Klub girls and boys mingled and flirted with the audience while they were on the thrust wood platform stage as the theatre was filling up. Also, the entire ensemble (including the actress playing Fraulein Kost) played in the Kit Kat Klub orchestra/band that was on a raised platform. So much more to say about this groundbreaking Sam Mendes/Rob Marshall reinvention of CABARET.

Michelle Williams in talks to play Sally Bowles

mlsheehan Profile Photo
mlsheehan
#101Michelle Williams in talks to play Sally Bowles
Posted: 9/4/13 at 9:10pm

Can honestly say I'm really excited! I never got to see the original production, so this will be perfect for my June, 2014 trip.

I'm excited to see both Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#102Michelle Williams in talks to play Sally Bowles
Posted: 9/4/13 at 9:18pm

Yeah, I down know who they're trying to fool by saying this is a limited engagement. And I'm going to be "that guy" and say that I really hope they get. New cast recording with Williams.

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
#103Michelle Williams in talks to play Sally Bowles
Posted: 9/4/13 at 9:29pm

I REALLY would love to see this... Hope I can save up for a trip out east this coming spring!

My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...

beautywickedlover
#104Michelle Williams in talks to play Sally Bowles
Posted: 9/4/13 at 9:29pm

I think she'll be wonderful. I also think that Cumming is an excellent actor and singer.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#105Michelle Williams in talks to play Sally Bowles
Posted: 9/4/13 at 9:35pm

Wow. I had, for my sanity, been maintaining a healthy degree of skepticism, because I didn't want to be let down again. I felt like we'd been through this enough times before, and this time I had to know better. But when I finally saw the for real official announcement for the first time this afternoon, it was like I'd stopped remembering how to breathe. And then I almost burst into tears, as I do. :) Except I was at work.

I've always said that if I could time machine one show, this would be it. This production. It is, to this day, the most perfect thing I have ever seen. It stabbed me in the gut at a time when I was just learning that that could even be possible. I have always wished that I'd had more time. I've been waiting ten years for this, and I don't really know how to accurately express my excitement. Other than that I wish you all could see the stupid goofy smile on my face right now. I'm gonna fly home, and I'm gonna spend a while in New York, and I'm gonna be there as much as I can, because usually when you love a piece of theater, you don't get this lucky.

I think Michelle Williams is going to make a great Sally. I'm excited. It's time.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 9/5/13 at 09:35 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#106Michelle Williams in talks to play Sally Bowles
Posted: 9/4/13 at 9:38pm

How have we not started casting her replacement yet?

Jonwo
#107Michelle Williams in talks to play Sally Bowles
Posted: 9/4/13 at 10:24pm

I agree that if it sells well enough, Roundabout will likely will make it an extended run in the same way they did with Anything Goes.

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
#108Michelle Williams in talks to play Sally Bowles
Posted: 9/4/13 at 10:42pm

luvtheEmcee, I was waiting for you to chime in! I'm happy you are going to get to experience a production you loved so much again.

My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#109Michelle Williams in talks to play Sally Bowles
Posted: 9/4/13 at 10:59pm

This has hit written all over it. Whether or not it extends with Williams & Cummings in it is another story, but this will extend(again & again).

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#110Michelle Williams in talks to play Sally Bowles
Posted: 9/4/13 at 11:06pm

Ha, I'm here! I was driving/in a meeting all evening. And trying to contain my happiness! :)

A work of art is an invitation to love.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#111Michelle Williams in talks to play Sally Bowles
Posted: 9/4/13 at 11:48pm

I'm definitely up for this.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#112Michelle Williams in talks to play Sally Bowles
Posted: 9/4/13 at 11:57pm

Has it been confirmed that the scenery and costumes will be the same or is the original creative team reimagining it?

AEA AGMA SM
#113Michelle Williams in talks to play Sally Bowles
Posted: 9/5/13 at 12:25am

The original designers are all returning, and most of the quotes from the higher ups use phrasing such as "revive this production," which to me read as if it will indeed be a remount of the 1998 production, and not an entirely new production.