pixeltracker

Charles in Pippin when Sieber and Mann are both out?

Charles in Pippin when Sieber and Mann are both out?

Here I Am Profile Photo
Here I Am
#1Charles in Pippin when Sieber and Mann are both out?
Posted: 9/10/13 at 3:05am

I'm seeing 'Pippin' this week and I'm curious if anyone knows who will be going on for Charlemagne while Sieber is out until next week? Bummer that I won't see him Charles in Pippin when Sieber and Mann are both out?

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#2Charles in Pippin when Sieber and Mann are both out?
Posted: 9/10/13 at 9:44am

Mann is performing this entire week up until Sunday. Then Sieber swings back in on Sunday and performs until the 26th. So if you're seeing the show any day this week other than Sunday, you'll be seeing Mann.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Here I Am Profile Photo
Here I Am
#2Charles in Pippin when Sieber and Mann are both out?
Posted: 9/10/13 at 10:22am

Well, now I feel really silly. I got confused by the wording in one of the press releases. I thought that an understudy was going on for that week in between. Thank you SO much for the info!

Emmaloucbway
#3Charles in Pippin when Sieber and Mann are both out?
Posted: 9/10/13 at 8:22pm

Sorry to threadjack, but since we are talking about Pippin understudies, I heard Matthew James Thomas is out this week, any idea who's going on for Pippin? It looks like Billy Tighe is on tonight. Will he be on all week or will they split it between him and Erik Altemus?

Updated On: 9/10/13 at 08:22 PM

TheLadyoftheWood Profile Photo
TheLadyoftheWood
#4Charles in Pippin when Sieber and Mann are both out?
Posted: 9/10/13 at 11:52pm

^^^^^ That my dear sir or madam would be a good question to pm gcrhis, who has seen the show a bajillion times and probably will be this week.

isaac.evans
#5Charles in Pippin when Sieber and Mann are both out?
Posted: 9/11/13 at 11:17am

Billy, as previously mentioned, was on last night and is on for both shows today.

BroadwayCrowdsourced - The New Rush Report: www.broadwaycrowdsourced.wordpress.com

Emmaloucbway
#6Charles in Pippin when Sieber and Mann are both out?
Posted: 9/11/13 at 1:05pm

Okay. Is MJT back on Thursday?
Also has anyone seen Billy? How was his Pippin?

hanabana
#7Charles in Pippin when Sieber and Mann are both out?
Posted: 9/13/13 at 10:23am

I caught the matinee this Wednesday and saw Billy Tighe as Pippin. (This was my first time seeing the show, so I had no one to compare him to.) I thought he did a great job, I really liked him as Pippin. I was really upset at first when I saw that Matthew James Thomas was not in, being that I love his singing on the cast recording and really wanted to see him performing the role in person. However, the show was wonderful even without him, and I thought Billy sounded great and gave a solid performance - he showed the vulnerability in Pippin's character and had good comedic timing. I did think the harmony during Love Song sounded a little off for a moment, but it was for a split second, and did not take away from the show. And needless to say, the whole cast was amazing.

Now I just wonder if I should go back again just to see Matthew James Thomas in the role... Does anyone know when he is in the show until?

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#8Charles in Pippin when Sieber and Mann are both out?
Posted: 9/13/13 at 11:01am

I walked by the theater last night, and MJT was apparently in, but Charlotte D'Amboise was out (Sabrina Harper was covering). I wonder if there will be a full principal cast performance this week after all. . .

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#9Charles in Pippin when Sieber and Mann are both out?
Posted: 9/13/13 at 5:42pm

Meanwhile, our Thigh God is still healing from his injuries. Wishing him well.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

isaac.evans
#10Charles in Pippin when Sieber and Mann are both out?
Posted: 9/19/13 at 3:10pm

Billy Tighe is on for Pippin again tonight & tomorrow night.

BroadwayCrowdsourced - The New Rush Report: www.broadwaycrowdsourced.wordpress.com

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#11Charles in Pippin when Sieber and Mann are both out?
Posted: 9/19/13 at 9:29pm

I was there last night in Charlotte was out. I can understand with Matthew James Thomas being out today because the sounded sick last night. Christopher Sieber has been added to the program, and Andrew Martin and Rachel b. Jones were the scene stealers. Sabrina was also good in a role that was clearly catered towards Charlotte. Jackie Hoffman with an attendance last night, she was sitting 5 seats away from me.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#12Charles in Pippin when Sieber and Mann are both out?
Posted: 9/20/13 at 11:44am

Tried to see this last night. it was up at TKTS for 30% off, but was taken off the board by 5:00. Tried for SRO around 6:00 and they were all sold out. BOO!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Videos