pixeltracker

Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-- Page 5

Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#100Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 2:12pm

I think it was easier to break free back when they were openly anti-gay. Once they added in the supportive smokescreeny language, it may be harder to question them, since they are "supportive" and "tolerant" now, unless you intend on ever having sex or anything crazy/evil, heh.

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#101Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 2:13pm

My school is wonderful. My initial comment was that it isn't fair to assume that all Catholics are bigots because I am Catholic and not a bigot, and my school and church are not bigoted. You're right about the church though. I got too defensive about it, and I realize that a huge section of Catholicism is screwed up. I am not part of that sector. I don't have a faith in the church, I have faith in my religion. You're right about the church: it kind of sucks, I just got defensive and I'm sorry for that. I still don't think it is fair to assume hatred in all church groups, but I think I ought to chose my battles. Happy Holidays.

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#102Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 2:23pm

As a Christian shouldn't you be saying Merry Christmas?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#103Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 2:25pm

That's what the Bible says.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#104Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 2:32pm

Roscoe - that whole debate 2 hour debate with Stephen Fry and Christopher Hitchens is amazing. I almost felt sorry for the Catholic archbishop and Catholic MP on the opposing side. Hitch and Fry wiped the floor with them.

Fanty - I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly was not attacking your beliefs. This discussion was not about faith, but about organized religion. Yes, there are good people who identify as Catholic. Of course there are. Yes, there may be examples of individual Catholic churches - like yours, apparently - that are unusually accepting, yes there are Catholic charities and hospitals (though, you should read Christopher Hitchens' unauthorized biography of Mother Teresa for more on that), but those isolated examples of some good do not negate the overwhelming amount of sorrow, darkness and death the larger Catholic church has inflicted upon millions of people in the world - to this very day. You seem like a pretty smart kid. If you can't wrap your head around that, give it a few years.

Updated On: 12/10/14 at 02:32 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#105Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 2:35pm

Ugh, I miss Hitchens...

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#106Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 2:44pm

HorseTears, I just reassessed my statement. My chuch and school are great and I don't think it is fair to assume bigotry, even though I know that a lot of Catholics suck.

Updated On: 12/10/14 at 02:44 PM

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#107Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 2:44pm

Was having fun screwing with Chick-Fil-A, add these guys to the list, wow.

Stephanatic

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#108Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 2:48pm

we all want to know the details on your "school" QSA program.

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#109Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 2:54pm

...It's called Shepherd and specifically deals with bullying towards GSMs. I'm not a member of it, but I think it meets every week. Every year in October/November we have a pride day where we try to get everyone to wear purple to voice support for the community. I think it coincides with some national thing (possibly coming out day?). I personally saw our principal wear purple this year, and every single one of my teachers wore purple this year. The student head of our campus ministry is out, and so are a few teachers and quite a few students.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#110Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 2:57pm

HorseTears, I just reassessed my statement. My chuch and school are great and I don't think it is fair to assume bigotry, even though I know that a lot of Catholics suck.

One last time, kid. I'm not accusing you, as an individual who identifies as Catholic, of bigotry. But, you are a member of what is is, essentially, an incredibly powerful multi-national corporation run by a cabal of closeted homosexuals who wield their enormous influence and economic power in bigoted ways.

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#111Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 3:03pm

I get that, HorseTears, I know how awful Catholics can be. I follow the religion, not the church.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#112Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 3:05pm

Was having fun screwing with Chick-Fil-A, add these guys to the list, wow.

I don't know who you're referring to. You said earlier that you would continue to support the SA because you they gave you access to used books and stories to tell you mother.

....but the world goes 'round

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#113Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 3:06pm

taz - think you're confusing South FL with Sweet Lips. Or, perhaps you're suggesting that we need Trolldar on BWW.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#114Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 3:07pm

They both the worst.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#115Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 3:12pm

Oh, I think you're right HorseTears.

But six of one, a half dozen of the other.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#116Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 4:00pm

"I follow the religion, not the church."

That makes no sense.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#117Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 4:04pm

Neither does transubstantiation, but that's probably a whole other kettle of worms.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#119Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/20/14 at 10:10pm

Just saw a teaser for the 11pm news on NBC 10 in Philadelphia. Apparently their kettles are coming up empty. Pity...

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#120Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/21/14 at 4:36am

Following a religion and not the church MAKES ALL THE SENSE Updated On: 12/21/14 at 04:36 AM

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#121Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/21/14 at 7:07am

I follow the religion, not the church.

But how can you separate the two when the men chosen by each other to lead the church are responsible for interpreting and setting the rules for your religion? Your religion is and was created by the church. I am asking honestly as someone who is a very non-denominational Christian.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#122Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/22/14 at 2:00pm

Australia Salvation Army chief: "gay people should be put to death."

But they have really great used books

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#123Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/22/14 at 4:31pm

South Florida is very cool, heard.