Mr Roxy
#25La Soiree
Posted: 11/19/13 at 11:34pm

No Playbill & no merchandise.

Poster Emeritus

PlayItAgain
#26La Soiree
Posted: 11/19/13 at 11:47pm

^ they do have little pins and matchbooks around the theater at the bars and whatnot

Rainbowhigh23
#27La Soiree
Posted: 11/22/13 at 12:28am

I'm glad I sat second row and was far from the coochie thrust but I really enjoyed the show! The bathtub act was great - wonder if the aerialist was also in Les Folies with Kylie Minogue.

After Eight
#28La Soiree
Posted: 11/22/13 at 1:04am

There were laughs to be had, and some impressive feats, but it was a little on the seedy side, with some bits discomfitingly off-color and/or grotesque.

What was missing was the spirit of innocence.

chrisampm2
#29La Soiree
Posted: 11/22/13 at 1:23am

I thought most of the acts had an underlying innocence. I felt the show would have been better in one act with drink service brought to the seats. Many of the act 2 bits seemed like filler. Still, I had a good time.

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#30La Soiree
Posted: 11/23/13 at 6:33pm

I loved this show!! It was campy, silly, acrobatic and sexy all at once! If you are looking for a
fun time at a party where you can have a blast, La Soiree would fit the bill. It's unpretentious
and pure unadulterated fun! What a cure for the doldrums. Go.

Some people said seedy...well that's the point. These are trained perfomers putting on a silly seedy cabaret show. And that fact that you can't see their intelligent and that you see the seediness speaks volumes.

Way under appreciated by the NY press.

My only complaint is that the show just ended... I feel they could have done a better finale than just ending. Other than that. SO MUCH FUN! SO MUCH CRAFT! SO MUCH TALENT!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#31La Soiree
Posted: 11/23/13 at 6:42pm

Bring out the magic lady for a big finish.

Poster Emeritus

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#32La Soiree
Posted: 11/23/13 at 8:12pm

The magic lady was unbelievable!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#33La Soiree
Posted: 11/23/13 at 8:18pm

She gave a new meaning to sleight of hand

Poster Emeritus

hushpuppy Profile Photo
hushpuppy
#34La Soiree
Posted: 12/4/13 at 11:47pm

Saw the show tonight (12/4). No magic lady. No female nudity.

Is it just me, or do other people hate it when some poor audience member gets dragged up on stage. The Romeo and Juliet number seemed to go on forever.

But Stephen Williams (the Boy in the Bathtub) and Hamish McCann's second act lamppost number are worth the price of admission

'Our whole family shouts. It comes from us livin' so close to the railroad tracks'

#35La Soiree
Posted: 12/5/13 at 8:26am

I saw it last night too! It was fun but no magic lady… wonder why….?

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#36La Soiree
Posted: 12/5/13 at 9:06am

They are rotating acts in and out.

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#37La Soiree
Posted: 12/5/13 at 4:39pm

I wouldn't have liked it as much with the "magic lady"
Someone tell me when she is back in.
Ursula Fernandez rocks

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#38La Soiree
Posted: 12/5/13 at 5:21pm

She vanished into thin air.

Poster Emeritus

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#39La Soiree
Posted: 1/10/14 at 5:27pm

I went to see the show on the Saturday before New Years and the naked woman was back. I went to the 10pm show so I'm not sure if that made any difference.

The only change I noticed was that the singer that opens the show was no longer the Kitty woman but a large, black man in bearded drag singing opera. I honestly preferred Kitty.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#40La Soiree
Posted: 1/10/14 at 11:53pm

I went back and enjoyed it a second time. Urusla Ferandez (aka the naked lady) was in. Yes a black man in a kaftan sang instead of Kitty. Still Fun.

Michael9
#41La Soiree
Posted: 1/11/14 at 8:24pm

Ursula Martinez ('magic lady'), along with Jess Love and Le Gateau Chocolat have gone to open the show at the Sydney Opera House.

Sometimes they've had another performer do the red hankerchief act under the guise of Ursula's sister because it's so popular.

ClydeBarrow
#42La Soiree
Posted: 2/3/14 at 2:43pm

I'm just curious if anyone knows how long this is supposed to run. I thought they would have closed up shop when it opened in Sydney but I guess not. They paper the hell out of this show every week so I can't see how it makes any money.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Chester Prince2 Profile Photo
Chester Prince2
#43La Soiree
Posted: 2/3/14 at 3:23pm

Actually, they're not papering much anymore. We have had great crowds this past month even with the snow and the Super Bowl. Tonight will be our second Monday performance since we changed our perf schedule. Nothing is for sure, but we are planning on being open until May and hopefully beyond.

Updated On: 2/3/14 at 03:23 PM

ClydeBarrow
#44La Soiree
Posted: 2/3/14 at 5:39pm

I'm thinking of going again since the acts appear to have changed a considerable amount. According to her Twitter Miss Behave is in Sydney as well. I would imagine the bathtub guy has left to return to his homeland with the show. Chester, you appear to be one of the new acts so can you let us know who is and isn't still in the show?

Chester Prince2
#45La Soiree
Posted: 2/4/14 at 2:16am

The bathtub guy is still in the show in NYC. Miss Behave is in Sydney's production. Here's a press release about the new acts:
La Soiree Press Release

dtzumbrunnen Profile Photo
dtzumbrunnen
#46La Soiree
Posted: 2/4/14 at 8:51pm

It's really also important to note that you can buy a full bottle of wine here. It's the best show drink value in the city!

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#47La Soiree
Posted: 2/4/14 at 9:00pm

Is it still general admission?

Chester Prince2
#48La Soiree
Posted: 2/5/14 at 8:24pm

Yes, it's still general admission.