carash22
#50NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 3/1/15 at 5:09pm

Updated On: 7/6/20 at 05:09 PM

stargazer2 Profile Photo
stargazer2
#51NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 3/22/15 at 3:26am

I saw it in San Francisco and then again in Las Vegas this week. I really enjoyed the show. I feel like the cast has really hit their stride. The audiences have been enthusiastic, and the show delivers in a very Disney way.

Standouts in the touring cast for me have been Stephanie Styles as Katherine, Ben Cook as Race, and Angela Grovey as Medda Larkin. Dan Deluca was good in San Francisco , but I saw an understudy in Vegas who struggled a little bit with lines and stamina.

Overall, I liked it so much, I might have to make a quick trip to catch another performance in L.A next month.

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#52NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 6/23/15 at 11:22pm

I waited three years to see Newsies. Saw it tonight, finally! Found it joyous and bursting with energy. Stephanie Styles was great, Angela Grovey was great, and the ensemble dance numbers were incredible -- everything I had hoped they would be, from seeing clips online since it opened. I'm still grinning.

(I don't quite understand why the NY accents across the board are so bad. I don't even mind -- it didn't remove any of the thrill for me -- I'm just a little curious.)

Squee, squee, squee! I loved it.

Updated On: 6/23/15 at 11:22 PM

acekatherineplumber2 Profile Photo
acekatherineplumber2
#53NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 6/23/15 at 11:30pm

Well, as long as this thread has been revived: I went to see the Newsies tour twice last week (such a good production--one time is not enough!) after having seen it once last year. It's definitely as good as ever! The cast was a lot more confident and tighter and bolder with their comedy! The only bad part is now I have to wait months upon months before I can see it again. But I wholeheartedly recommend everybody who has not been yet go check out this tour!

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#54NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 6/23/15 at 11:32pm

one time is not enough

I agree! I'm going more times while it's still in Boston. 

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#55NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 6/24/15 at 1:44am

It was in L.A. for 4 weeks. Saw it once each week. If it was here longer.. I'd most likely see it more. Such a great show.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#56NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 6/24/15 at 1:53am

Jose I applaud your dedication.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

acekatherineplumber2 Profile Photo
acekatherineplumber2
#57NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 6/24/15 at 2:11am

Rcwr: lucky you! It's looking increasingly likely that I won't be able to see it again until at least 2016. Have fun, though!

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#58NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 6/24/15 at 5:10pm

Yes, I feel lucky and grateful! Often I'm frustrated (show-wise) because I'm Boston-bound, so I'm taking full advantage. :)

mufish
#59NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 7/5/15 at 6:54pm

Finally got to see the tour in Boston today, which is unfortunately the last day of this run.  I agree with those who were pleased with this production.  No, not everyone measures up to the Broadway cast (I saw Corey Cott as Jack, not JJ), but the dancing is on point and the only criticism I have is Dan Deluca completely botched a cartwheel...at least I think that's what he was trying to do. 

Sure, the story is hard to relate to these days, especially when it's based on events that not many people are familiar with.  But something about seeing it is just enjoyable to watch.  It's only my second time seeing the show, and I wish I had been able to see it at least one other time here in Boston (busy few weeks), and while I hate to belabor the point, the dancing never disappoints.

Hoping this tours another couple years so it can make it back here, otherwise I may have to go down to Providence this fall!

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#60NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 7/5/15 at 9:54pm

I saw tonight's show, the last Boston show. Fansies were in high good humor! Audience stomping and shrieking (in good places, not interrupting in a bad way).

I LOVED this tour production. I never saw the show on Broadway but this tour fulfilled and surpassed my expectations. The dancing was fantastic and the energy never stopped.

mufish, I think Jack does that cartwheel at the end in a very "yikes, I'm not sure if I can do this" way, to sort of bond in spirit to the rest of the boys' dancing. And I think that matches Dan Deluca's own actual skill at cartwheels. :)

Jack Sippel (Mush) was crying at a few points, especially during the curtain call -- anyone know if he's leaving the tour? He's such a great dancer.

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#61NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 7/5/15 at 9:55pm

^ Yes he is; it was the final show for a few of the cast members.

Updated On: 7/5/15 at 09:55 PM

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#62NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 7/12/15 at 3:42am

Does anyone who saw the tour have an extra program, especially from San Francisco? Please let me know. Thank you!!

Updated On: 7/27/15 at 03:42 AM

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#63NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 7/12/15 at 4:02am

loliveve, I've got an extra one but it's from Boston.

NewsiesForever Profile Photo
NewsiesForever
#64NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 7/12/15 at 9:51am

"loliveve, I've got an extra one but it's from Boston."

Is it signed? 

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#65NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 7/12/15 at 10:21am

<i>Is it signed?</i>

Nah, just a plain Playbill.

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#66NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 7/12/15 at 11:56am

rcwr- thanks for responding! PM'ed you.

NewPhilosophy Profile Photo
NewPhilosophy
#67NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 7/27/15 at 10:09pm

Bumping to ask: Does anyone have an extra program from the show in Cleveland?  

(I would ask on the Cleveland board but it seems to be inactive.)

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#68NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 10/5/15 at 1:46pm

The Jack Kelly is so handsome. So glad they cast a new Davey cause the old one had an annoying voice. 

iabwayfan Profile Photo
iabwayfan
#69NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 1/18/16 at 10:42pm

~BUMP~

I saw the tour this week.  It's a fun and entertaining show.  The dancing is super and the energy is high, and we all enjoyed it.  I have seen the show in NYC a couple times during different summers.  I would say this production is pretty comparable.  Go see it if you have the opportunity!

NewsiesForever
#70NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 1/18/16 at 11:44pm

When are they going to announce more tour dates?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#71NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 1/19/16 at 12:32pm

NewsiesForever said: "When are they going to announce more tour dates?

"

I was wondering that, too. Maybe the equity tour is closing & they'll relaunch the tour in September as a non-union tour.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

NewsiesForever
#72NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 1/19/16 at 12:51pm

ACL2006 said: "NewsiesForever said: "When are they going to announce more tour dates?"

I was wondering that, too. Maybe the equity tour is closing & they'll relaunch the tour in September as a non-union tour."

Oh G-d I hope not, it is doing really well, so I hope that Disney would not make that decision. Plus didn't they announce the new tour dates sometime last year in January? 

EvanK Profile Photo
EvanK
#73NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 5/5/16 at 9:02pm

Got my Tickets for Vancouver this summer! Very excited to finally see this. Love a good dance heavy musical! 

Any thoughts on current cast? This is still an equity tour right?

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#74NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
Posted: 5/5/16 at 9:09pm

Got my Tickets for Vancouver this summer! Very excited to finally see this. Love a good dance heavy musical!  

Any thoughts on current cast? This is still an equity tour right?

Have fun -- it was fantastic in Boston last summer! Here's a resource for checking what's equity:

http://www.actorsequity.org/NewsMedia/touring_main.asp