pixeltracker

I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight- Page 5

I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight

Addison D. Profile Photo
Addison D.
#100I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 4/29/14 at 10:08am

I know that.

I think she accidentally hit on something legitimate, though.

Purely random, but it does happen.

You think, what do you want? You think, make a decision...

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#101I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 4/29/14 at 11:08am

Obviously once my attention was drawn to them I noticed them. But I don't think they're the only thing going on in that photo; I first actually noticed that she's as lovely as the supposedly pretty sister.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#102I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 5/8/14 at 10:14pm

As awful as "Sleeper" was last week, I think last night's episode was brilliant.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#103I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 5/15/14 at 5:29pm

I enjoyed last night's episode. The set-up for the 'big event' next week.

The stars of ABC celebrated the wedding on stage at the ABC Upfront presentation on Tuesday. Mitch and Cam came out of a giant wedding cake, and everyone on stage raised a glass.

At the after-party, members of the Modern Family cast shared that the wedding episode is wonderfully touching, while staying true to the comedy of the show. I'll be watching!

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

Reginald Tresilian
#104I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 5/15/14 at 6:21pm

Can't wait!

FindingNamo
#105I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 5/16/14 at 12:09am

I loved last night's episode even though every appearance of the nanny just made me groan. He is truly the Cousin Oliver of this show. I liked the way Pepper and the wedding planner softened and became more human as the minutes til the wedding ticked down.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Reginald Tresilian
#106I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 5/18/14 at 9:33pm

"My dad would never admit this, but when he wants fun, he goes straight to Luke. They have a weird connection. They're like Batman and Robin. Dad and I are more like Batman and Ruth Bader Ginsburg."

FindingNamo
#107I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 5/21/14 at 11:21pm

The season ended tonight with the conclusion of the wedding episode. Except for the extraneous scenes with the dreaded nanny (and the writers have done nothing to make me care about Haley's feelings for him), it was all pretty wonderful. These last two episodes were the best they've ever used Nathan Lane, who completely cracked me up by walking the line between frantic and loving.

I cried by the end. Was I the only one?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#108I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 5/21/14 at 11:41pm

I kept it together until Jay and Mitchell were walking down the aisle and Mitchell put his head on Jay's shoulder.

I still hate Lily with the fire of a thousand suns, but I agree with the Nathan Lane usage.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#109I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 5/22/14 at 12:04am

I think Lily is actually kind of cleverly used- they avoid "the baby ruining the show" syndrome by walking the line between her being cute and being actually loathsome. It's a dangerous path, but it's much better than making her just hateful or just adorable.

FindingNamo
#110I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 5/22/14 at 12:26am

I did LOL when she got caught on the dry cleaning rack last week.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#111I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 5/22/14 at 1:28am

I liked it as well. The end where Jay came through to get the wedding back on track was really sweet. I agree that Lily can be annoying sometimes. But, I still don't think she tops my hatred for Michelle from Full House. There's an example of a kids who started off really cute to becoming an obnoxious brat and being a draw to the show.

Anyway, I thought the side stuff with Alex taking the awkward photos of Luke and Manny was funny.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#112I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 5/22/14 at 8:02am

Terrific episode. And while I understand the strong feelings about the nanny, I thought Sarah Hyland was wonderful in this episode.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Reginald Tresilian
#113I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 5/22/14 at 9:43am

^ I did, too.

And I like Lilly. She can't quite act, exactly, but she can deliver a line, and I like the way she's written.

And yeah, I teared up when Jay walked Mitch down the aisle.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#114I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 5/22/14 at 9:56am

Yeah, Ed O'Neill has been an underappreciated actor for about 30 years.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#115I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 5/22/14 at 12:08pm

I think the little girl who plays Lily can deliver a one-liner as well as anyone on that show.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#116I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 5/22/14 at 12:12pm

The "I thought we would take a walk" line made me audibly sob. Beautiful writing.

But the best line of the night was the "when a baby is born so early, it's usually black" line. EL OH EL

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#117I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 5/22/14 at 12:14pm

See, I think Lily has two modes - bitchy and morose. And I don't find either one particularly compelling.

brdlwyr
#118I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 5/22/14 at 1:31pm

I loved the episode - the line about the baby being black - hilarious. Campy schtick at times - but very sweet ending.

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#119I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 5/22/14 at 3:38pm

I loved the finale! Smart, funny, and real. Modern Family has always towed the line from super sitcomy and serious, and it worked last night. I teared up when they actually got married.

LOL moments:
Lily walking down the aisle with the one flower.
"Black baby"
Manny and Luke acting like a married couple

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#120I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 5/23/14 at 9:56am

Awww how can anyone dislike Lily, her one liners are brilliant and she delivers them so well.

Perfect finale tonight, even the nanny scenes didn't annoy me.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Reginald Tresilian
#121I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 5/24/14 at 8:59pm

Oh, man. I'm rewatching, and I just heard the line "Cut the boy soprano."

FindingNamo
#122I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 1/8/15 at 1:13am

I think the first show of 2015, "The Day We Almost Died," is the best constructed episode they have ever done.

FindingNamo
#123I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 2/27/15 at 11:15pm

The "Connection Lost" (Feb. 25) was another ingeniously constructed episode. The show keeps mixing in new, creative formatting. If I thought Modern Family jumped the shark before, it has since jumped back and blown that fish up like at the end of that movie about the shark.

Hayley: It's called privacy. Google it.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#124I think Modern Family jumped the shark tonight
Posted: 2/27/15 at 11:35pm

Have to agree, Namo. That was really impressive. And, apparently, it was not official product placement - Apple didn't pay for it. Have to say, the most recent episode to feature Nathan Lane was hilarious. This show still makes me smile and chuckle, but THAT episode had me cracking up.