Aladdin seating

justherehanging
#1Aladdin seating
Posted: 1/25/14 at 6:57am

Never been to the new Amsterdam and wander if the balcony row a is too far or what I should do for seating

Also I doubt this will happen since it is Disney but any discounts?

ArtMan
#2Aladdin seating
Posted: 1/25/14 at 7:39am

I purchased Row B of the balcony. I figured it was the type of show that you didn't want to be too close. Plus the price was the lowest. Yes, I would have loved to be closer, but I am seeing 8 shows, during my June visit, and the prices this season are ridiculous.

Updated On: 1/25/14 at 07:39 AM

ak72090
#2Aladdin seating
Posted: 1/25/14 at 1:48pm

Is there actually a row "a" in the balcony? There was a forum about this recently, and I cant find tickets for row "A". On ticketmaster, they show the front balcony row as "B". Is this what you meant? I rely hope I didnt buy the wrong tickets...

ArtMan
#3Aladdin seating
Posted: 1/25/14 at 6:10pm

ak72090, you are absolutely correct. I should have stated Row B. I am actually the one who inquired about that in the first place. I will fix it in my above reply.

ArtMan
#4Aladdin seating
Posted: 1/25/14 at 6:10pm

double post
Updated On: 1/25/14 at 06:10 PM

ak72090
#5Aladdin seating
Posted: 1/26/14 at 1:00pm

phew---thats twice you scared me! lol thanks for the reply tho.

pli1018
#6Aladdin seating
Posted: 1/28/14 at 11:00pm

Anyone know anything about the box seat situation for this show? I haven't heard whether or not tix are even be sold for boxes just yet.

RemlapLBC
#7Aladdin seating
Posted: 2/4/14 at 12:58am

I'm 6'4" I've seen The Lion King in the orchestra and Poppins from the Balcony.

I HATE the New Amsterdam. It's very uncomfortable place, and honestly would think twice to actually see any show there again. I'm not sure why Disney didn't do to add leg room when they remodeled. THey could have pulled one row and made it a much nicer theatre.

ak72090
#8Aladdin seating
Posted: 2/16/14 at 11:34am

Artman-- I have an update on Row B of the New Amsterdam. Here's what I just posted in another thread:
The interactive chart on ticketmaster shows no row in front of row B, at least for the show I bought (4/30.) But after I looked into it, dates after 4/30 show a row "A" in front of B. What the hell? So I thought I bought front row seats, but now that doesn't look like the case. Anyone ever heard of something like this? Could it be those seats or reserved? (I figured reserved seats would just come up on the chart, but as unavailable.) Thank you in advance.

ArtMan
#9Aladdin seating
Posted: 2/16/14 at 11:38am

I just responded to your other thread.

ak72090
#10Aladdin seating
Posted: 2/16/14 at 11:45am

Updated On: 2/16/14 at 11:45 AM

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#11Aladdin seating
Posted: 2/16/14 at 12:51pm

I HATE the New Amsterdam. It's very uncomfortable place, and honestly would think twice to actually see any show there again. I'm not sure why Disney didn't do to add leg room when they remodeled. They could have pulled one row and made it a much nicer theatre.

I completely agree. I'm about average height and I hate how little legroom the seats have at the New Amsterdam. I can only imagine how miserable it must be if you're a tall person.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

ArtMan
#12Aladdin seating
Posted: 2/16/14 at 5:45pm

Well, I'm 6'3 so I'm not looking forward if it is indeed cramped space.

TheatreKid3
#13Aladdin seating
Posted: 2/17/14 at 8:28pm

There is a picture on the ALADDIN Facebook page of the interior of the New Amsterdam during load in and it looks as if they had removed the seats (or at least built something over them for tech) It was a weird picture and I couldn't get much out of it other than the view was looking toward the proscenium.

wicked4l
#14Aladdin seating
Posted: 2/17/14 at 8:43pm

I saw the show in Toronto and sat front row mezz, perfect view. It is a spectacle so I wouldn't recommend sitting TOO close.

ak72090
#15Aladdin seating
Posted: 2/19/14 at 5:20pm

Just got an update from Disney. They just added the front row back to the shows, and those who bought row B tickets will get an email soon , with instructions for a free upgrade to Row A. Artman--if you get this email before I do, please let me know so I can stay on top of this.

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#16Aladdin seating
Posted: 2/19/14 at 6:04pm

There is a discount code for this. Got it by mail a few weeks ago. I'll try to remember to look for it when I get home and will post if I find it.

ak72090
#17Aladdin seating
Posted: 2/20/14 at 6:53am

didnt find that code im guessing?

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#18Aladdin seating
Posted: 2/20/14 at 7:31am

No, sorry, I think I threw it away but I definitely got a flyer in the mail with a code, so it must be out there somewhere. I think it was like $99.00 for the first few weeks or something.

ArtMan
#19Aladdin seating
Posted: 2/20/14 at 7:56am

Aladdin announced their rush policy. I read it on Playbill. If I remember, it's general and $32.50.

Updated On: 2/20/14 at 07:56 AM

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#20Aladdin seating
Posted: 2/20/14 at 9:06am

"THey could have pulled one row and made it a much nicer theatre."

Ummm. Let's see. Let's just say 24 fewer seats at $125 each (minimum) = approx. $3000 less income per performance which is roughly $ 1,050,000 per year of lost income. Meanwhile people aren't refusing to buy the tickets there because the theatre is too uncomfortable. Does that answer the question?

Baine Profile Photo
Baine
#21Aladdin seating
Posted: 7/8/14 at 12:28am

I remember for The Lion King, everyone always said the orchestra was the best area to sit because of the way the animals came through the aisle and a lot of stuff hung down that you couldn't see well from the balconies and the effects with the smoke, etc.

Does Aladdin have a lot of fancy stuff like this going on with magic? Should I look for seats lower to the ground? What's considered good? I don't want to pay anything outrageous (I usually like to do Front Mezz, personally), especially since I didn't jump when there was a discount code...

What's considered good/bad/etc for this one?

Thanks for the advice :)

brdway411
#22Aladdin seating
Posted: 7/8/14 at 12:38am

We attended the first preview and sat front mezz in the center of the section. They were great seats. We used a discount at the box office. I think we paid around $80 per ticket.

mschwager Profile Photo
mschwager
#23Aladdin seating
Posted: 7/8/14 at 12:49am

I sat Mezz row DD and the view was fantastic!

Baine Profile Photo
Baine
#24Aladdin seating
Posted: 7/12/14 at 6:25am

brdway411, mschwager, thanks for replying! That makes me feel better about ordering mezz! I was so afraid it was going to be another Lion King, lol!