I have some PMs from the poster accusing me of "chasing" its "tail."

For the record: Ick, no.

Updated On: 4/16/14 at 07:56 AM

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#76You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 8:03am

Night School for the Nervous?

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#77You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 9:18am

It interesting the amount of people some people have blocked. I can think of maybe 4 people that I could think of a good reason to block, I can't imagine finding reasons to block numbers in the twenties and beyond. is there really that many annoying/stupid or whatever other reason one might have to block someone people on this board- or is somebody a little too sensitive? just a thought.

Darreyl with an L!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#78You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 9:42am

darrey, my reason for blocking isn't because of sensitivity. In real life, there are people I don't choose to associate with. That includes not having to hear what they have to say. So I'm exercising my right to do that here on the board.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#79You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 9:54am

at least mine are fun LOL Jordan

As fun as circus-themed revivals, hmm?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#80You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 10:15am

As fun as 27, I mean 29 year old boys, I mean girls?

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#81You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 10:21am

As fun as both! Lots of fun! LOF

After Eight
#82You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 11:53am

" my reason for blocking isn't because of sensitivity. In real life, there are people I don't choose to associate with. That includes not having to hear what they have to say. So I'm exercising my right to do that here on the board."

^

This.

One's free time is precious, so why waste it interacting with people whose language or attitude is offensive or whose opinions are of no interest to you? Just common sense. I have no interest in what the people I've blocked have to say --- that's why I blocked them in the first place. And having done that, I find more than enough of interest from everyone else. And BWW is now a far more pleasant place.

Funny, but before the ignore feature was put in place, people would say to someone who complained about what they had written, "just don't read my posts." The ignore feature allows people to do just that, and now there are complaints about that!

Updated On: 4/16/14 at 11:53 AM

themysteriousgrowl
#83You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 1:11pm

And of course the people who've used the function 25 times -- not, say, 5 -- see no correlation between their own behavior and the high number of posters "whose opinions are of no interest to [them]."

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#84You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 1:19pm

Like.

themysteriousgrowl
#85You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 1:23pm

Your comment made me spit out water. Appropriately.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#86You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 1:28pm

What, "Moist?"

How appropriate.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#87You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 1:29pm

this is an error. I didn't make a post!

Updated On: 4/16/14 at 01:29 PM

themysteriousgrowl
#88You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 1:40pm

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#89You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 2:39pm

You don't have to interact with them, just skip over their posts.

Darreyl with an L!

After Eight
#90You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 2:51pm

^

Darrey,

That's exactly what the ignore button does.

And another thing: it frees you from having irritating and/or offensive avatars shoved in your face. Hell, that might be the best feature of all!

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#91You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 5:00pm

I am still finding my way around a message board, have offended some inadvertently [been called on that],tried to improve my typing and generally enjoyed all that I choose to read. I don't have the intelligence or knowledge to indulge in the wonderful debates here on all subjects but read with pleasure-again what I choose. Time is precious so visiting this board [the only one I know about] I do for relaxation and learning/reading about the world of theatre. There is a naughty thrill reading some very caustic comments and thanking God[whoever] that it is not me being attacked. I am not 'seasoned' enough to want to block anyone or care enough to want to-maybe one day, but for now, everything I choose to read I do because I want to.

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#92You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 5:07pm

I understand that. But offensive avatar? Sounds interesting

BTW- It's interesting that whenever someone says my name in a post, they usually leave of the L in Darreyl. Don't know why, but it happens a lot. LOL.

Darreyl with an L!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#93You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 5:12pm

I'll tell you why- 1. the last l in your name looks like part of a number, 1102.
2. the spelling of your name (like darryl?) is unusual.

How do you pronounce your name?

Rainbowhigh23
#94You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 5:13pm

I don't necessarily want to ignore a user but is there a way to ignore a thread?! This is so negative. I'd rather look at the thread and see something about a show, not blocking someone.

themysteriousgrowl
#95You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 5:15pm

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#96You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 5:17pm

rainbow, THIS thread is so negative? oy . Have you read any others?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#97You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 5:17pm

Like.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#98You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 5:31pm

Maybe AfterHate is speaking of your avatar, daryl. May I call you…

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#99You're Blocked!
Posted: 4/16/14 at 5:32pm

Really? even though the L and 1 are right next to each other- they look different enough. but I guess if you just glance at it, that makes sense.

It's pronounced da-rail.

Darreyl with an L!

Videos