pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14

beautywickedlover
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/14/14 at 7:16pm

Really good week. Very happy to see 'Cinderella' continue do well. 'Aladdin' is on a roll with its weekly grosses.

mjohnson2 Profile Photo
mjohnson2
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/14/14 at 8:10pm

While Aladdin is doing very well, it won't do any worse than 100% for a few months due to mammoth pre-sales

Anything regarding shows stated by this account is an attempt to convey opinion and not fact.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/14/14 at 8:18pm

Or maybe JRB is feeding money into this to finally say one of his shows played over 100 performances Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14.

Up In One Profile Photo
Up In One
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/14/14 at 8:57pm

When you guys say Bridges is going to get a lot of nominations what are you thinking?
Best Musical
Best Score
Best Actor
Best Actress
Best Orchestrations
Anything else in a season thick with musicals would be a stretch

Up In One

Steve721
#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/14/14 at 9:06pm

I could also see Bridges getting noms for lighting and sound design. If they like it enough, Sher might even get a nom, but I think that's very iffy at this point.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#30Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/14/14 at 9:30pm

Bridges will also get nominated for book and stands a chance at a supporting nomination or two

Steve721
#31Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/14/14 at 9:53pm

Norman's book is, IMHO (and according to the reviews), one of the weakest things about the show--if she gets a nom, it means they REALLY liked it. Cass Morgan (and perhaps even Hunter Foster) could get a nom, but the featured categories are really packed this year.

Liza's Headband
#32Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/14/14 at 10:07pm

I can confirm with 100% absolute certainty that JRB is not putting money into his own show.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#33Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/14/14 at 10:12pm

Unless "Once" gets a name in the show for the Fall, it looks like it'll be gone by Labor Day. Maybe Kazee & Milioti could return to the show?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#34Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/14/14 at 10:14pm

Even if the book of Bridges is the weakest aspect if the show, it's likely to get in by default- plus I don't think they will snub Marsha Norman . I think Hunter Foster stands a strong chance at a nomination.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#35Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/14/14 at 11:03pm

Bridges is my favorite musical of the season. I know it has no chance of winning the big prize, but it's still a gem of a show. I don't think this is THE production of the show, and I'm curious to see how other directors interpret the material.

I saw Rocky. It's terrible. The only new musical I haven't seen is If/Then, and I think the "best" new musical is something from the fall.

Jonwo
#36Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/14/14 at 11:07pm

'Unless "Once" gets a name in the show for the Fall, it looks like it'll be gone by Labor Day. Maybe Kazee & Milioti could return to the show?'

Milioti could bring in audiences since she's now known to a wider audience due to her appearance on How I Met Your Mother and The Wolf of Wolf Street. Not sure if she'd do it though, I'd love to see Zrinka Cvitesic come over and do the role of Girl on Broadway.

fingerlakessinger Profile Photo
fingerlakessinger
#37Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/14/14 at 11:10pm

How much is the nut for ONCE?

"Life in theater is give and take...but you need to be ready to give more then you take..."

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#38Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/14/14 at 11:13pm

I imagine the NUT for ONCe is low, but the actors are probably making a mint since they can probably get orchestra pay plus their actor's salary. But I still can't imagine it cost that much to run, and they've already paid back their investors. I could see this show running for awhile at low grosses.

Liza's Headband
#39Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/14/14 at 11:17pm

"...since they can probably get orchestra pay plus their actor's salary."

Remove the word 'probably.'

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#40Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/14/14 at 11:23pm

Once recouped in just 21 weeks(August 2012). It's been doing well since then and has just started to see it's grosses dip low.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#41Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/15/14 at 1:00am

"I'd love to see Zrinka Cvitesic come over and do the role of Girl on Broadway..."

I'm eagerly awaiting Declan Bennett to come over.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Karen Cartwright Profile Photo
Karen Cartwright
#42Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/15/14 at 1:44am

Re: Sutton Foster.

I saw her in Millie and Anything Goes and liked her fine. But then I made the mistake of watching "Bunheads", and man - she was SUCH a beating. She's not a draw for me as a twice-a-year or so NYC visitor.

chrisampm2
#43Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/15/14 at 2:48am

"She was SUCH a beating." Someone please translate.

Karen Cartwright
#44Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/15/14 at 3:16am

She "was a beating" in it was hard to watch her act and attempt to be funny.

chrisampm2
#45Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/15/14 at 3:20am

Thanks for explaining.

Karen Cartwright
#46Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/15/14 at 3:32am

Again, just one lady's opinion. I know people around these parts love Sutton.

neonlightsxo
#47Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/15/14 at 9:16am

Thanks for the Bridges info, Liza's Headband.

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#48Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/15/14 at 9:54am

I know it has no chance of winning the big prize, but it's still a gem of a show.

While I certainly wouldn’t put money on it, I wouldn’t count it out, either. There doesn’t seem to be a clear-cut musical in the lead and, if it gets a large amount of nominations (which I think it stands a good chance at), I could see it building momentum toward earning the big prize.

My guess is this is what the producers are thinking (and hoping) my happen, too. If this were last year, where it was clear that it would be “Kinky” and “Matilda” vying for Best Musical (and nearly all other nominations in between), I bet they would have closed up shop by now. Luckily, this year, it does have a shot at doing quite well at the Tony’s. (And, if it is among the most nominated shows of the season, it could be one of the few examples of nominations giving a boost to sales.)

However, this sentiment is true, for me, of nearly all of the new musicals this year. Nearly every show has been received so vastly different by both audience members and critics (except “Gentlemen’s,” but I think, it being a small show of a very specific style that opened earlier in the season, it might have a tougher time fighting against the “big” shows), that I don’t feel confident counting out any show. I actually think there may be no clear front-runners when the nominations arrive. Because of the widely differing opinions on nearly all of the shows, I could see the nominations being very spread out as opposed to a couple of shows earning nominations in nearly all categories.

jas1234
#49Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14
Posted: 4/15/14 at 9:15pm

The weekly Nut is the producer.