Dinner before or after...

WickedGinger Profile Photo
WickedGinger
#1Dinner before or after...
Posted: 5/3/14 at 6:11am

If you were seeing a broadway show would you normally go for food before or after the show?

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#2Dinner before or after...
Posted: 5/3/14 at 6:44am

During.

Pick up a bucket of KFC and take it with you.

....but the world goes 'round

brdway411
#2Dinner before or after...
Posted: 5/3/14 at 7:40am

Or get some deli sushi and bring that in and eat it "because sushi is cold and does not smell."

Seriously, it depends, we usually eat after matinees, or before an evening show.

~~tiny3~~ Profile Photo
~~tiny3~~
#3Dinner before or after...
Posted: 5/3/14 at 8:14am

after, if you're a new Yorker
before, if you're from out of town.
just eat after. then discuss the show.
eat before at a crappy place and you might end up at the ER

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#4Dinner before or after...
Posted: 5/3/14 at 8:26am

I prefer after, because I tend to want to go to the restroom after I eat. I pee a lot. Just being honest!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#5Dinner before or after...
Posted: 5/3/14 at 9:03am

^ That was my thought. If I have a choice I pick after. I hate to leve for the bathroom mid show. You never know what's gonna agree with you.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#6Dinner before or after...
Posted: 5/3/14 at 9:13am

Definitely before. There's nothing worse than feeling hungry and trying to concentrate on the show. Also, I'm not a fan of having a meal as late as 10-11 pm.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#7Dinner before or after...
Posted: 5/3/14 at 9:44am

How about a light meal (like an appetizer or something) before to tide you over and then dinner after.

Personally I always dine after because as others have mentioned I'm nervous about having to run to the restroom during the show.

....but the world goes 'round

Gothampc
#8Dinner before or after...
Posted: 5/3/14 at 10:00am

After. If I eat the wrong thing, I'll get sleepy and then spend the performance fighting to stay awake.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#9Dinner before or after...
Posted: 5/3/14 at 10:06am

When does the show start? When is it over? What am I doing the rest of the early evening? What am I doing late night? How busy was my day? How early my next morning? When will I be hungry? How hungry will I be? What restaurant is available and when? What do the people I'm seeing the show with want to do? Is it a weeknight or a weekend night?

sallyann
#10Dinner before or after...
Posted: 5/3/14 at 10:43am

What they're trying to say is it doesn't really matter, just do what suits you best.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#11Dinner before or after...
Posted: 5/3/14 at 10:47am

But lately I avoid Midtown/HK restaurants at all costs. Food isn't too good at most and they tend to be overpriced.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#12Dinner before or after...
Posted: 5/3/14 at 11:21am

I'll usually eat something light before a matinee and a larger meal after. I sort of have to eat something before an evening show because most of the time I have to catch a bus back home.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#13Dinner before or after...
Posted: 5/3/14 at 12:16pm

If I'm seeing a matinee, I will have brunch/ lunch 2-3 hours before the performance. That way, by the time I get to the theatre, I haven't just finished eating and have given some time to digest.

If it's an evening show, I eat after. A heavy meal before a show puts me to sleep.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body