pixeltracker

Into the Woods Reunion. . . OFFICIALLY COMING SOON!!!- Page 2

Into the Woods Reunion. . . OFFICIALLY COMING SOON!!!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#25Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 10/8/14 at 12:18am

I hate this reunion. It's the only thing I've ever asked God for and it happens on the other side of the damn country.

someone.else's.story2 Profile Photo
someone.else's.story2
#26Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 10/8/14 at 5:17pm

Just got tickets this am for the added matinee! Row k for $199, kinda steep but it should be worth it! Anyone else going? Super excited for this!

“I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being.” ``oscar wilde``

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#27Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 10/9/14 at 4:47pm

"someone..."...I am going to the Sunday evening performance and cannot wait...what a thrill and I promise when I get home I will give you all the details from the evening performance...it will be interesting to read about the 1pm performance to contrast and compare events...:)

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#28Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 10/11/14 at 4:56pm

So, um, are those of you who are attending the original (and, now, second) performance feeling a little ticked? I mean, isn't it inevitable that many of the questions that Mo Rocca will ask the Woods cast/creative team in the first 1pm show will get repeated in the second show? I guess they'll have to attempt to make it sound spontaneous and avoid saying "yes, when you asked me that earlier, I thought...". I guess you won't experience many first reactions. If I'd spent that much on a ticket I'd be a tiny bit upset about it.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#29Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 10/11/14 at 5:14pm

They are professional actors who are used to performing the same thing literally hundreds of times, I'm sure it will seem spontaneous. I also think it's likely that they have been asked the questions before the 1pm show so they can practice their answers. Thus, if anything the second show will be better because they'll have more rehearsal time answering the questions and performing the musical performances.

Not sure if the first was like this, but the second show is REALLY expensive..$320 for the first 10 rows of the orchestra is crazy! I'm curious to know if they can sell out this second performance (a couple of seats have also opened up at the night performance).

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Wildcard
#30Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 10/12/14 at 12:44am

I think the tickets for the first few rows in the evening show were $500-$600. So $320 is not too bad.

When I attended Patti LuPone's Q&A/concert, the 2nd show seemed better than the first and had different content. So I don't feel ticked for the added show.

broadwaybabywannabe2
#31Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 10/12/14 at 5:50am

...nor do i!...

Wildcard
#32Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/5/14 at 8:56pm

Lots of seats available for the 1pm show. Anybody thinking of going to both times?

Wicked Fanatic Profile Photo
Wicked Fanatic
#33Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/9/14 at 2:34pm

The sun is setting.You know what that means....

It's the last midnight.
It's the last wish.
It's the last midnight,
Soon it will be... time to journey Into the Woods. #IntoTheWoodsReunion

It's here at last. Just 1 1/2 hours for the 1st show and 5 1/2 hours till mine. Article today at Broadway World says it's sold out but I see 67 seats in the orchestra available for the evening show with the afternoon performance not available online.

ETA
Who is out there saying I wish....I could attend the #IntoTheWoodsReunion? Follow us on Twitter! We'll be LIVE-TWEETING the 6pm show with exclusive material and photos throughout the night! #2Days Www.twitter.com/segerstromarts
Updated On: 11/9/14 at 02:34 PM

broadwaybabywannabe2
#34Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/9/14 at 2:59pm

i am almost ready to begin my journey back INTO THE WOODS...actually Orange County, for the 6pm presentation...i will be taking pictures of the theatre and tweeting my before and after reactions...you can follow me @mickeysquiresxx...please excuse all the naked men pictures on my profile..i am truly a Broadway Queen at heart...lol

Almira Profile Photo
Almira
#35Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/9/14 at 3:29pm

I'm going to the 6pm.

SO F*CKING EXCITED!!!!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wildcard
#36Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/9/14 at 4:53pm

Should we do a quick BWW meet-up at the lobby?

broadwaybabywannabe2
#37Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/9/14 at 8:25pm

Hi fellow Into The Woods followers I am currently sitting outside doors 5 and 6 waiting for the doors to open. Say hi if u see me

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#38Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/9/14 at 8:28pm

Someone please goose broadwaybabywannabe2 on my behalf.

broadwaybabywannabe2
#39Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/9/14 at 10:41pm

First act intermission and my voice is going from cheering each performer we haven't seen Miss Peters yet but Joanna Gleeson was simply Devine more to come I need to get in line to pee be back at the end!

FindingNamo
#40Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/9/14 at 11:04pm

I'd pay to see that.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Jordan Catalano
#41Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/9/14 at 11:16pm

I thought everyone had seen that.

FindingNamo
#42Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/9/14 at 11:44pm

I'd pay to see it NOW.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#43Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/9/14 at 11:51pm

Was there at the 1pm in the $59 nose bleeds. Blown away and still processing all the talent and history I was in the presence of!!

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#44Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/10/14 at 12:11am

It truly was a remarkable afternoon. Everyone was in top form, sounding better than they did nearly 30 years ago. Such a privilege and treat to witness this once in a life time reunion. After "Your Fault" I literally couldn't move...frozen in a euphoric state, spellbound from the flawless performance. From then on I cried like a baby until well after the curtain went down.

This will stay with me for a long time.

Almira Profile Photo
Almira
#45Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/10/14 at 1:28am

SPECTACULAR EVENING.

So much love from the audience, from the stage. It was profoundly moving, funny,informative.. I could go on and on.

Really will be one of my most cherished theatre memories.

As an aside...Watching Ben Wright and Danielle Ferland being interviewed my friend turned to me and lovingly joked.. they are kinda ready for a Ben and Sally in FOLLIES. And he was kinda right. It was meant a a complement. They have a natural chemistry.

Too many incredible moments to share on a message board. But one thing I must say: You REALLY sensed that every member of the audience not only had a love and understanding of the show.. but the show had affected everyone's lives in a deep way.. the kind of way that changes you for the better.

Here are some photos from the lobbies:

You actually got to sit in the original carriage an take a photo!

Into the Woods Reunion!

Into the Woods Reunion!

Into the Woods Reunion!

Into the Woods Reunion!

Into the Woods Reunion!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Updated On: 11/10/14 at 01:28 AM

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#46Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/10/14 at 1:44am

Great photos, Almira. Sounds like a memorable evening. So, um, I'm glad that you all had a nice time, but you understand that most of us are living vicariously through you right now, right? We want multi-paragraph detailed reviews and recaps of the evening. GO TO THE... MESSAGEBOARD!

Jordan Catalano
#47Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/10/14 at 1:45am

I want a f*cking video of this show. That's what I want.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#48Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/10/14 at 1:50am

Well, yeah, that too.

broadwaybabywannabe2
#49Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/10/14 at 1:52am

I just got home driving almost 2 hours. I will try to tell all in the AM. Lots of emotions tonight. And NO Jordan. Only those who watched my piss video got see me do that Lol