pixeltracker

Into the Woods Reunion. . . OFFICIALLY COMING SOON!!!- Page 3

Into the Woods Reunion. . . OFFICIALLY COMING SOON!!!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#50Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/10/14 at 1:53am

I'm just pissed. All I've asked God for for years is this reunion and then he goes and puts it in LA as a "F*ck you" to me for not believing in him.

Wildcard
#51Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/10/14 at 2:07am

Did you specify you wanted the reunion in NY? Seems like God answered your prayer. Maybe you just weren't specific.

Jordan Catalano
#52Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/10/14 at 2:18am

Oh no, I was SPECIFIC. I'm all about being specific. Like when I say I want to win the lottery, I say "I want to be the sole winner of the Mega Millions jackpot on (insert date here)" and not just "I want to win the lottery" since that could mean winning a dollar on a scratch off ticket or sharing the mega jackpot with 4000 other people.

Y'gotta be specific.

FindingNamo
#53Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/10/14 at 2:23am

These "once in a lifetime" things, often aren't.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#54Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/10/14 at 9:50am

the songs i really loved the most ...not in order of performance

GIANTS IN THE SKY
ANY MOMENT
IT TAKES TWO
STAY WITH ME
FINALE CHILDREN WILL LISTEN

there were tears of joy and happiness throughout the whole audience and me as well last night seeing our favorite songs performed by the orginal cast...and to see SONDHEIM himself enjoy the whole thing as much as the audience was a real treat to hear him laughing and applauding as loud as any member of that audience...something i will never forget...

Merman's Swear Jar2 Profile Photo
Merman's Swear Jar2
#55Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/10/14 at 12:26pm

Audio of the last 20 minutes!

I love Broadway, show tunes, raked stages, and the Great American Songbook. I'm also partial to Patti LuPone, Bernadette Peters, Ethel Merman, Barbra Streisand, Liza with a Z, her mother, and fatty bacon...

binau Profile Photo
binau
#56Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/10/14 at 12:49pm

Apparently Bernadette did the 'rap', "Stay with Me" and "Last Midnight". Good song choices. She sounds great in that clip, wish I could hear the rest.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Jordan Catalano
#57Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/10/14 at 1:40pm

That audio has me in years.

Almira Profile Photo
Almira
#58Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/10/14 at 2:25pm

Peters sang The Witches Rap seated and "a cappella" during her interview segment.

And if truth be told: This isn't the first original cast reunion...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJmEbFz8OFI

This is only the better one.

Also.. I'd like to point out that while New York is the center of the universe it was CALIFORNIA that started the Sondheim original cast reunion happenings with COMPANY in 1993.

You're welcome.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Updated On: 11/10/14 at 02:25 PM

Almira Profile Photo
Almira
#59Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/10/14 at 2:46pm

Oh.. one.. revealing moment was just before Zien sang (he actually sounds BETTER than he did 27 years ago!)

Anyway...

Lapine mentioned that Zien had recently played the father in the Central Park production. Lapine didn't say the words overtly.. but his tone and expression betrayed a downright contempt for production.

Just one of MANY memorable moments.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. - Eleanor Roosevelt

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#61Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/11/14 at 6:04pm

just found this: youtube/watch?v=BGnYfJ_hidE

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#62Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/11/14 at 8:45pm

Some lovely chap named Jerry Meyers has uploaded practically everything from the reunion on his SoundCloud page. Not sure if it was the first or second performance.
Thanks, Jerry!

gavyj Profile Photo
gavyj
#63Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/11/14 at 9:36pm

Jerry Meyers deserves a humanitarian award for these.

gavyj Profile Photo
gavyj
#64Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/11/14 at 9:39pm

Dear god -- Bernadette sounds absolutely amazing on "Last Midnight."

binau Profile Photo
binau
#65Into the Woods Reunion!
Posted: 11/11/14 at 10:29pm

She could step in the role tomorrow and still do it justice. Even I am surprised at how good she sounds. There should be no question that Bernadette is still a powerhouse vocal performer despite her age.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000