pixeltracker

American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?- Page 5

American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#100American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 8:48am

Man, Ryan Murphy is bad at setting up series-long arcs. Almost all of the major conflicts were just resolved. The town's accepted the freaks, Elsa's now back in a position of power, Twisty is dead.

These first four episodes have felt like one long pilot.

And "sit down and tell your backstory to a Victorian ghost" is probably the worst exposition-delivery device ever.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#101American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 10:36am

That was one wacky episode! Loved the Berlin flashbacks! Missed Kathy Bates and Francis Conroy, though. And, Kad, IMO, all of the seasons work much better when watching the episodes back-to-back. Waiting a week between each episode - not to mention the 3-4 week winter break - and the commercial interruptions, messes with the flow of the show. Watching as one long movie/story has always worked better for me. Everything seems more cohesive.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#102American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 10:59am

I wonder how much of the "Illustrated Seal"'s backstory was drawn from his real-life experiences, like why he didn't tattoo his face.

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#103American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 11:48am

Watching as one long movie/story has always worked better for me. Everything seems more cohesive.

Same.

FindingNamo
#104American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 12:30pm

I thought it was the best episode since the first. And it was written by Eunice from Soap.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#105American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 12:36pm

I thought it was so BORING.

If you want something suspenseful on Wednesday nights at 10, check out the fantastic new show STALKER on CBS. That's a show that knows how to build suspense!

FindingNamo
#106American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 12:48pm

I can't take on anymore television. My sack is full.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#107American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 12:54pm

I saw the premiere of Stalker, which was pretty good. I have the rest recorded, but between Freak Show and Top Chef also airing in that time slot, Stalker usually comes in third for me.

Jordan Catalano
#108American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 12:59pm

I record Top Chef at 1 or 2am so I can get the others recorded. But after these first 5 episodes of STALKER, it's become my #1 show for Wednesday night.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#109American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 1:10pm

Has Maggie Q bought window blinds yet? Because that bugged me.

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#110American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 7:19pm

I will wait till there is a whole season of Stalker before I watch it. Right now Freak Show is the water cooler show and I don't want it ruined first by hearing people talk about it.

Updated On: 10/30/14 at 07:19 PM

FindingNamo
#111American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 7:37pm

I think of it more as dark, messy oils.

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#112American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 7:54pm

Oh so sorry. I will correct.

FindingNamo
#113American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 10/31/14 at 1:50am

Aw, I actually liked the way it was originally, mistake or no. I really did think you meant like an abstract watercolor the first time I read it.

ghostlight2
#114American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 10/31/14 at 7:05am

"I wonder how much of the "Illustrated Seal"'s backstory was drawn from his real-life experiences, like why he didn't tattoo his face."

Not much, going by this interview. This guy sounds confident. happy and well-adjusted.
Interview with Matt (the illustrated seal)

Jordan Catalano
#115American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 10/31/14 at 9:11am

FANTASTIC interview.

Jordan Catalano
#116American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 10/31/14 at 9:55am

I find these interviews fascinating. And it's awesome that the show features another transgendered person. I had no idea.
Erika Ervin's Interview

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#117American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 11/6/14 at 12:08am

Tonight's episode was off-the-charts insane! On so many levels, OMG! Twisty, who?

Updated On: 11/6/14 at 12:08 AM

FindingNamo
#118American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 11/6/14 at 12:10am

I miss Twisty.

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#119American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 11/6/14 at 12:13am

Didn't miss him one bit. This episode was brutal! They're really pushing the limits. And Miss Lange and Miss Bassett were doing some heavy-duty scenery chewing! Lange's performance made my heart ache.

Really loved it on so many levels! The camerawork. The music. The storylines. The performances. The surprises. It just might be my most favorite episode of the past fours seasons.

Updated On: 11/6/14 at 12:13 AM

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#120American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 11/6/14 at 12:54am

I miss Twisty immensely, but I still think the MVP of the season is Dandy.

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#121American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 11/6/14 at 12:58am

I am obsessed with Dandy. Awards are bull, but I would love to see Finn remembered come Emmy time. And him being naked and covered in blood is all gravy.

Updated On: 11/6/14 at 12:58 AM

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#122American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 11/6/14 at 1:02am

Ryan Murphy was touting about how Matt Bomer's scenes would be some of the most disturbing of the seasons combined. I was actually more disturbed by Michael Chiklis's character breaking the surgeon's fingers and hands.

FindingNamo
#123American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 11/6/14 at 1:03am

The murder he committed tonight was a bit reminiscent of the murder house nurse murder from season one, which was the night I could have given up on AHS and never looked back. My favorite single episode of the entire series is the first episode of this season.

Broadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
#124American Horror Story: Freak Show Thoughts?
Posted: 11/6/14 at 7:27am

I'm still in shock it was only $20 back then to go into the alley behind the bar.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson