I Can't Even

inception Profile Photo
inception
#1I Can't Even
Posted: 10/13/14 at 9:29am

What a weekend!

So If/then. I turned into a 15 year old girl. I loved it that much.

then i FOUND the funniest new show in town. This is going to be a classic. Every fat boy has a new role that they'll be dying to get a chance to play. Don't worry if you miss it though because there will be productions of this playing everywhere fir the next 50 years.
And Barret Wilber Weed (spelling?). When they do If/Then at Encores in 15 years, everyone is gonna be like "OMG I can't wait to see Barret in this!"

So then 54 Below, Kiss of the Spiderwoman concert last night. AMAZING!
Pal Joey made a comment in another thread something along the lines of the people at 54 Below have a little Dolly Levi in them.
So I show up, not in chaps, but still obviously a kitchy queen, and am I asked if I prefer to be close or farther back, & then he says oh look I have a single here & just so you know you'll seated next to so & so and I'm "is she famous? should I know her?" And he's like no no.
So I sit down, interrupt this lovely lady's dinner, introduce myself as a yokel from out of town. We chat and hit it off. She is my mother's age. The concert is amazeballs. It should have been sold out what with the crowds in Times Square. The guy who was supposed to headline, Valentin from the original cast (sorry I will misspell his name and just piss you off more) went into hospital this week so a bunch of young singers filled in. So I guess that's why it wasn't full. They were wonderful. This young handsome guy sang The Day After That and had the whole place in tears.
I was hungry, and taking a recommendation from "the other site" decided to splurge on the three course meal. Which was wonderful. Birdland needs to improve their food because what I had there Saturday night was lousy, but 54 Below was just wonderful. With drinks the bill was $80. I give them my card. The lady I was chatting with excuses herself to powder her nose. They bring my card back and say Mrs. So & so has paid your bill! When she comes back I say "there is no way I can let you do that!!" She's like "It's already done boychick. You just were so much fun." I'm like I am just an annoying guy who talks to anyone." She's like "I know, you don't even know who I am." And then she friggen told me who she was!
OMG
What a friggen crazy city

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#2I Can't Even
Posted: 10/13/14 at 9:44am

And you're really not going to tell us WHO this was?

Pootie2
#2I Can't Even
Posted: 10/13/14 at 9:46am

I kept thinking "I Can't Even" sure is an odd name for a musical.

Um, glad you had fun?

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#3I Can't Even
Posted: 10/13/14 at 9:54am

I'm glad you went. I'm glad they "fixed you up." I'm even glad that Mrs. Famous-Person-You-Didn't-Even-Know picked up your tab.

But the one thing worse than a name-dropper is a no-name dropper.

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#4I Can't Even
Posted: 10/13/14 at 11:03am

Well, you called her Mrs. So which made me think "famous Chinese actress" but then she called you boychick and not that many Chinese know Yiddish so based on all that, I'm going to say...Condoleezza Rice.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#5I Can't Even
Posted: 10/13/14 at 11:15am

I'm glad to hear you had so much fun! It's always nice reading stories about people trips and experiences on here. :) (And no, that's not sarcastic. As someone who doesn't live in New York, I enjoy reading about other people's experiences during their trips up there.)

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#6I Can't Even
Posted: 10/13/14 at 12:05pm

Your predictions are hilarious.

"FOUND will be a classic playing everywhere for the next 50 years."
"Encores will be doing IF/THEN in 15 years."

Neither of those things will happen.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#7I Can't Even
Posted: 10/13/14 at 12:07pm

"Encores will be doing IF/THEN in 15 years."

They don't do shows that are still running.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#8I Can't Even
Posted: 10/13/14 at 12:57pm

This made me dizzy.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#9I Can't Even
Posted: 10/13/14 at 1:55pm

What a weird ass post.

Pootie2
#10I Can't Even
Posted: 10/13/14 at 2:07pm

I skimmed it like this: "And so then I'm like friggin totally loved stuff. And so like I'm still drunk."

Makes sense that way.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#11I Can't Even
Posted: 10/13/14 at 2:17pm

"What a weird ass post."

You must never have read an inception post before.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#12I Can't Even
Posted: 10/13/14 at 2:34pm

I just read his other posts....nevermind.