CarlosAlberto
#100Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 1:55pm

Her face is to oval.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#101Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 2:13pm

So, how many of the outraged people were planning on seeing this concert anyway?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#102Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 2:17pm

Kad, they have a right to be outraged, since they may listen to bootleg audio of it at some point...

I have a $166 ticket to this show and am fine with the casting.

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#103Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 2:18pm

I'm not outraged, but I was interested. Maybe I still am. Maybe you'll never know.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

mamaleh
#104Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 2:18pm

Uh, Henrik--cute post. But "mittin derinin" isn't a noun--it means "in the middle of everything" or "all of a sudden out of nowhere."

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#105Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 2:19pm

Growl, you're just angry that Jordan was picked over you again.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#106Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 2:24pm

thanks, Mamaleh, I was sure I'd heard it used as a noun, but I could very well be mistaken, or, in any event, if I did, I trust you're right and those who were using it that way were mistaken.

themysteriousgrowl
#107Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 2:38pm

Kad, I can assure you it will be the last time.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#108Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 3:11pm

I honestly haven't seen any outrage really.

A lot of circular discussion with the same points being brought up, but no real "outrage".

And of course I'll see the concert. I love JJ and I love Parade. I still think he's miscast but hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

....but the world goes 'round

themysteriousgrowl
#109Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 3:15pm

That's how I feel, taz. I still love the show so much.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#110Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 4:16pm

Bitches best meet me for a glass of champagne if y'all gonna be there! I'll be the guy in row U sobbing once those drums start.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#111Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 4:19pm

Will Carlos be there as your "date"?

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#112Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 4:21pm

Alas...I am taking my best friend for his birthday (his birthday was in September...I loved delayed gratification).

If Carlos is 'handy,' mayhaps he'll get to come to BOMBSHELL with me.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#113Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 4:24pm

I guess that is better than treating Carlos to one of the first three previews of Something Rotten. Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#114Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 4:52pm

"I don't know what "doesn't practice Judaism" means in this context."

It means JJ was not raised religious and is not religious to this day. Judaism is a religion, not anything else.

"Congratulations to Jeremy Jordan for being the first Jewish actor to play Leo Frank in Parade."

Why would you possibly care about the religion an actor practices? Does it matter? Again, he doesn't identify as Jewish, so your congratulations for something that isn't real means nothing.

themysteriousgrowl
#115Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 5:00pm

Forget it, Sutton. It's Judaismtown.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#116Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 5:03pm

What is Judaismtown?
Judaismtown is here!
It's the "town" wherever
People learn to live in fear
So look around, you've finally found
The place you asked about
For Judaismtown is your town
If you're hopeless down and out!

topiflo
#117Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 5:05pm

How do you know he doesn't identify as Jewish again? For one thing, he was raised by his single Jewish mother. If he isn't religious, he would have that in common with most American Jews.

I have no idea why the actor's background is relevant. You'll have to ask the people who keep bringing it up. I never start these discussions, I just finish them.

Updated On: 12/18/14 at 05:05 PM

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#118Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 5:08pm

*Sigh*

themysteriousgrowl
#119Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 5:16pm

"I have no idea why the actor's background is relevant. You'll have to ask the people who keep bringing it up. I never start these discussions, I just finish them."

Um, I'm pretty sure the only person who brought up his background before you did was in a defense of him playing the role. No one who raised their eyebrows at his casting discussed his background before that. And in your first post, you used several aspects of his background as a defense of his casting, so clearly you do think it's relevant.

MusicAndPassion Profile Photo
MusicAndPassion
#120Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 5:21pm

Bigger Question: How do people feel about the fact that Jimmy and Kyle from Smash will be reunited again on this stage?!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#121Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 5:25pm

Exactly, Growl.

"How do you know he doesn't identify as Jewish again?"

"I am spiritual but I am not religious, and was not raised religious" - Jeremy Jordan

It's really gross you brought this up, and yes, you brought this up and when you congratulated him it was because of his religion. Yuck.

topiflo
#122Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 5:49pm

Actually, cknick was the one who brought up the Jewish thing, saying Jeremy Jordan doesn't look like "a skinny Jew from Brooklyn" (Leo Frank was born in Texas, like I said, although he did move to New York; p.s., do skinny Jews in Brooklyn look different from skinny Jews from Texas?).

It is pretty ironic to bring up the Jewish thing as a strike 'against' the first actual Jewish actor to play the role! (not to mention the first actor who was born in the same state as Leo Frank).

I repeat, how do you know he doesn't identify as Jewish? Being non-religious has absolutely nothing to do with it, and many American Jews use that exact line, "spiritual, not religious", etc. It doesn't make them any less Jewish.

I did not congratulate Jeremy Jordan on his "religion", I applauded the accuracy of his background, which is, like Leo Frank's, Southern Jewish. Updated On: 12/18/14 at 05:49 PM

themysteriousgrowl
#123Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 5:57pm

cknick didn't say anything about Jeremy Jordan's background.

You did.

But could you hurry up and finish this discussion like you said you would?

It started tiresome and is getting even more tiresome.

topiflo
#124Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/18/14 at 5:59pm

cknick brought up the Jewish thing.