pixeltracker

Caroline Bowman in Wicked- Page 3

Caroline Bowman in Wicked

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#50Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked
Posted: 2/24/15 at 1:21pm

Didn't Willemijn Verkaik also suffer a back injury while doing the show in London? Is there something specific about the role that could cause something like this to happen?

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#51Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked
Posted: 2/24/15 at 1:25pm

^I'm not a chiropractor, nor do I have any personal knowledge of the situation, but the stage for Wicked has an insane rake on it. I could see how running up and down it 8 times a week could potentially cause injuries for some.

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#52Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked
Posted: 2/24/15 at 1:40pm

Hard to say what caused it, could be overuse. Hopefully she benefits from the time off though.

It's been a rough month for Elphabas ... all three companies have seen their leads needing time off, with actual replacements for Broadway and 1NT.

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#53Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked
Posted: 2/24/15 at 6:22pm

I don't understand the hate. She's perfectly fine!
Fine and dandy

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Visceral_Fella
#54Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked
Posted: 2/24/15 at 10:59pm

She came a LONG way

NiceWork2
#55Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked
Posted: 2/26/15 at 3:03pm

Cara Lindsay was out on WED. Her standby Tess Soltau was on (she is fantastic). Does anyone know if Cara is out all week, or just out for a few day due to illness, etc?. thanks.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#56Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked
Posted: 2/26/15 at 3:09pm

It was posted in another thread that she's on vacation this week.

NJ_BroadwayGirl
#57Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked
Posted: 3/5/15 at 8:47am

I saw Wicked last night with Christine Dwyer as Elphaba and Kara Lindsay as Glinda. They are both fantastic!

I specifically went to see Christine because I loved her performance the first time and this was a rare chance to see her back in the role. Whether or not you like Wicked, there is no denying that this woman is talented as anything. I was absolutely blown away by her in all the big songs - Wizard and I, Defying Gravity, No Good Deed. Her voice is big and expressive, vulnerable when need be and she's a great actress. She did not miss a single beat the entire show. I think she's in for a few more days - get to the Gershwin to see it.

I know she's doing Murder Ballad in DC in April and is the lead in Violet out in I think Minnesota for like 10 days in June. I hope she's back on Broadway very soon.

Kara Lindsay was delightful as well. She's very funny and her Glinda transformation was excellent. I enjoyed her in Act I but truly appreciated her in Act II.

tja928 Profile Photo
tja928
#58Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked
Posted: 3/16/15 at 2:45pm

I read on another board that Jennifer DiNoia is gonna be starting for a few weeks on Thursday. Is this true? Anyone know how long she'll be in for? Got tickets for for 4/2 and would love to see her again after catching her in LA.

NJ_BroadwayGirl
#59Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked
Posted: 3/16/15 at 3:29pm

I saw that info on the Wicked fan message board. It certainly seems plausible.
If this is true, the Wicked LLC MVP award would have to go to Jenny DiNoia as she would be leading her third company in as many months.

Assuming she is taking over, I wouldn't be surprised if you saw her on April 2. Caroline Bowman has said she hoped to be back around the end of March but it's plausible that DiNoia would close out that full week.

peacelovemagic1 Profile Photo
peacelovemagic1
#60Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked
Posted: 3/16/15 at 7:29pm

I saw Caroline on a week or two before she left, and I hope she is able to come back because she was really starting to find her place in the role. In particular, her No Good Deed sounded fantastic. I'm seeing the show Thursday so I am curious about who I will see on!

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#61Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked
Posted: 3/16/15 at 7:44pm

Jenny is indeed joining the Broadway company. It has been made official on the cast list on the show's website. Lilli Cooper has tweeted she is on Tuesday and Wednesday, and Jenny will be having her first show on Thursday, unless something changes

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#62Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked
Posted: 3/16/15 at 8:28pm

How long is Jenny joining the Broadway company for? I've been meaning to see her as Elphaba for years and don't want to miss out this time.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#63Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked
Posted: 3/16/15 at 8:49pm

It's unknown. She could be here for a week, or more. It all depends on when Caroline gets approved to go back to the show. I would see her as soon as possible

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#64Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked
Posted: 3/16/15 at 9:09pm

I hope Jenny is able to stick around.

asmith0307
#65Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked
Posted: 3/27/15 at 12:34am

For those who haven't had the chance to see Jenny, go. She is amazing and one of if not the most well traveled Elphabas. When she went to London I think I saw that it was her sixth company and at least fourth country (I'm not sure if she went to Canada on tour) of Wicked. I have had the opportunity to see her multiple times, and she is definitely my favorite.

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#66Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked
Posted: 5/19/15 at 9:57pm

Is Caroline back in the role? I am seeing the show tomorrow and saw Jenny a few years ago and, while I loved her, would like to see a fresh take on the role.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#67Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked
Posted: 5/19/15 at 10:09pm

"Is Caroline back in the role? I am seeing the show tomorrow and saw Jenny a few years ago and, while I loved her, would like to see a fresh take on the role."

Caroline is indeed back. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

JamesBroadwayWiner Profile Photo
JamesBroadwayWiner
#68Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked
Posted: 5/20/15 at 9:14pm

Yeah, sorry, she had an allergy attack (idk where I got asthma from). But that was my point anyway: that she couldn't go on for atlanta opening night. The next night, she only did half the show.

"Brevity is the soul of wit"--Hamlet