pixeltracker

Empire, the series on Fox- Page 5

Empire, the series on Fox

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#100Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/12/15 at 12:39pm

I just want Derek to spend the entire season finale looking into the camera and licking his lips, L.L. style.

I think I just jizzed all over myself!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#101Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/12/15 at 12:44pm

LOL!

CarlosAlberto
#102Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/12/15 at 1:25pm

Participants for study on reading

Derek Luke running his fine black @ss off...Oh my LAWD have mercy on my soul!!!

CarlosAlberto
#103Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/12/15 at 1:33pm

Participants for study on reading

He even looks sexy crying...

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#104Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/12/15 at 1:41pm

Jane...he comes back to talk to kids about making it after high school, avoiding negative influences, etc. I've been fortunate enough to meet him when he's come here to Snyder High. He seems like a really down to earth, nice guy.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#105Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/12/15 at 1:43pm

"Not sure how I feel about last night's episode. Definitely the weakest of the lot."

I agree. At this point I'm not even remotely interested in the IPO and a horrible agonizing death would be the only redemption for Lucius. The man has all but detached his sons from their respective companions so that they may worship him with Queen Cookie at his side...not gonna happen.

Perhaps the audience would have been better served by a good chunk of the season's penultimate episode devoted to Andre's recovery. I'm still shaking my head at his miraculously recovering in time to see his niece off at the airport. There is simply too much going on still this late in the season and all of the arcs aren't that entertaining.

First, Olivia/Raven went out with a fizzle carrying the child off as if she were a prop. We love you Lola but you won't be missed for reasons that have nothing to do with you. Then, Naomi Campbell's character had the showdown with Lucius leading her to dump Hakeem for a bottle of glycerin? I found myself laughing at her teary final scene in the limo. I can imagine her right after the take saying to the makeup artist, "wipe this shaite off my face love...I've got a photo shoot next door you know."

It'll be interesting to see how much more mileage the writers can get out of a lead who's a narcissistic sociopath with one foot in the grave.

Hopefully, the 2-hour season finale will give viewers several omg moments and make sense in the process.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

Jordan Catalano
#106Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/12/15 at 1:54pm

The scenes for next week make it seem like theres some serious Alexis/Crystal-style fighting going on. I CAN'T WAIT!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#107Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/12/15 at 1:55pm

Javero, right on all counts.

OMG, Carlos, that's a photo of Derek running towards me. Didn't realize it was in circulation.

"The scenes for next week make it seem like theres some serious Alexis/Crystal-style fighting going on. I CAN'T WAIT!"

I didn't notice that. Between who? Anika was noticeably absent from last night's episode.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Updated On: 3/12/15 at 01:55 PM

CarlosAlberto
#108Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/12/15 at 2:11pm

I need to stay the off this thread...I have yet to see last night's epi.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#109Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/12/15 at 2:15pm

There's an interesting piece in Slate which examines the accuracy of Empire's treatment of bipolar disorder.
How Accurate Is Empire’s Treatment of Bipolar Disorder?

CarlosAlberto
#110Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/12/15 at 3:00pm

If I want accuracy I'll watch a friggin' documentary. EMPIRE is pure escapist fantasy...some people need to lighten the fvck up...for real...

**Was not directed at you javero

Updated On: 3/12/15 at 03:00 PM

javero Profile Photo
javero
#111Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/12/15 at 3:14pm

@CarlosAlberto

we cuul, bor... but riddle me this...how is Lucius NOT a racist?

I suspect that in season 2 it will be revealed that Lucius is bi-racial for lack of a better term, and his unresolved abandonment issues of his own. The way he went on in Andre over his wife Rhonda was fowl on several levels. Lucius even dissed Rhonda in last night's episode for all the wrong reasons.

I understand how Archie Bunker and George Jefferson got away with a minute ago but Lucius...wtf?

CarlosAlberto
#112Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/12/15 at 3:22pm

I wasn't referring to Lucius' racist behavior toward Andre's wife. He clearly has a problem with Rhonda as much as he has a problem with Jamal's homosexuality.

The guy's a raging sociopath, no one's gonna argue that.

Jordan Catalano
#113Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/12/15 at 3:33pm

I do hope they address his racism because (and this is my opinion) that type of black-on-white racism seems to be completely socially acceptable nowadays. A good amount of my white friends regularly post things online about "Why do white people..." and "White people need to learn..." and I'll be honest, it pisses me off.

CarlosAlberto
#114Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/12/15 at 4:00pm

I hope they do address it..it will be interesting how they handle it as well.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#115Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/15/15 at 10:15pm

""The scenes for next week make it seem like theres some serious Alexis/Crystal-style fighting going on. I CAN'T WAIT!" "

Ent Weekly's cover story was written while filming such a scene, apparently.

I agree that this episode had some serious issues--the Lola storyline was a complete wash.

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#116Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/19/15 at 12:09am

I thought tonight's 2-hour season finale was just dreadful. Up until now, I was enjoying the camp factor of the show, but after watching tonight, I've come to the realization that this is just really poor TV. Pure crap.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#117Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/19/15 at 12:18am

I agree. it was all over the place and I don't even think it knew where it was going itself!. I was disappointed because I also thought it was good campy fun until this finale.I mean, such cheap stuff-"Oh, i'm not dying, I don't have ALS, I was misdiagnosed.""Oh, I hated my sons, now I love them, here are some gifts made out of bling."

All of it was like that.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

FindingNamo
#118Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/19/15 at 12:41am

It's like Roshomon with a different narrator and point of view EVERY SINGLE SCENE only they don't tell us who is narrating.

That's the only way the timeline makes sense.

They should REALLY try to get it together next season now that it's a hit. But they'll probably think they shouldn't fix what's broke as long as it sells.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#119Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/19/15 at 1:13am

They really need to stop thinking they need SO many stories going on (and being created,) at once. We still barely got fall out for Luscious being Lola's father. Cookie sleeps with Malcolm, he wants her to move with him and then he's gone--end of story. Church LadyJHud seems supremely pious and turns her back on all of that in an instant (and we never really see her even talking to Dre about it or anything?) Do we need ANOTHER family member covering up a murder of a close family friend? Nobody at the gift giving ceremony thought to question why Cookie's gift was a pillow?

I'm hoping that, as the show took off and the ending episodes were being tweaked and filmed, they wanted to cram as much as they could in the short episode order and next year will take more time (apparently it's been guaranteed 13 episodes with the possibility of a 9 episode back end order--given Fox's troubles right now, I'm shocked they didn't just order a full season.)

Updated On: 3/19/15 at 01:13 AM

FindingNamo
#120Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/19/15 at 1:22am

Did they even reveal what it was, because I got to the end of the show and realized if they did I missed it but I wasn't interested enough to rewind?

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#121Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/19/15 at 6:27am

Wow that was bad. I fell asleep after the fist hour and don't have any motivation to go back and watch the rest.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#122Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/19/15 at 8:44am

Last night's season finale was all over the place. There is absolutely no exposition. The writers touch on an idea, and then, boom, it jumps.

One moment Lucius is offering Jennifer Hudson's character a contract, the next, she's performing at his concert.

It's a miracle, Andre's bipolar disorder has been cured!

What happened to the hot videographer?

I could go on and on.

The only thing that makes sense is when Namo suggested it's from various character's point of view.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

FindingNamo
#123Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/19/15 at 11:30am

And then all of a sudden at the last minute, Lucious is suddenly the literal narrator? After all that has just happened in the last two hours and the previous episodes, the game is on NOW bitches?

Speaking of Dottie's great point that an idea is touched on and then it happens, exactly what was the time frame in this series? How much time passed between the pilot and the finale?

Jordan Catalano
#124Participants for study on reading
Posted: 3/19/15 at 11:36am

I just sat back and enjoyed the ride. I thought it was 2 hours of pure fun.