pixeltracker

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread- Page 5

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

Diva_Dom Profile Photo
Diva_Dom
#100Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 12:26pm

Are you able to see the Carwash from row F in the mezzanine? I'm trying to buy tickets for next week and wanted to know if I should spend the extra money. If you can't see it then Balcony it is

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#101Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 12:29pm

The car wash doesn't have a fixed location, so... no way to know for sure, usually happens in the first 3-4 rows of orchestra, but no clue what the visibility is from the mezz as far as that goes.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#102Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 12:29pm

Haterobics, thank you for seeing what I was talking about!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#103Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 12:32pm

As much as I enjoyed the other Hedwigs, something always felt like it was missing. In the back of my head, I was just hoping and praying John would take over. If you were ever going to see this show, now is the time.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#104Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 12:37pm

If this show closes after JCM, it will be the weirdest show ever on Broadway, where every Hedwig was better than the last in reverse chronological order.

rclocalz Profile Photo
rclocalz
#105Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 1:34pm

Diva_Dom I was sitting in row E of the mezz and saw the car wash perfectly fine. I think JCM is sticking to car washing row A as he can get there easily from the stage.

http://www.glamsmash.com/ - Glamsmash Productions, a video production company in the heart of New York City

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#106Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 1:43pm

From the front mezzanne I could see some sort of platform for him to step halfway down to the car wash seat. Perhaps that will be the permanent spot.

Going again Wed. night!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#107Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 1:54pm

That things has always been there, though, some sort of speaker/equipment. The usher always tells people you can't put anything on that before the show. NPH picked that seat at first, too, since you have that thing down there AND the wire hanging that you can hold onto. Once he got into his run, he started doing more in the audience where he had to get up onto the armrests, etc.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#108Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 2:01pm

oh, ok.

Tking0012
#109Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 4:02pm

How was the lotto crowd for the 10PM show last night anyone go?
Did they sell SRO for the 10PM.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#110Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 4:24pm

both of tonight's shows (7pm & 10pm) are up at TKTS for 50% off.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

FireFingers Profile Photo
FireFingers
#111Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 4:33pm

Been on TKTS for a good while. Gonna be in town in a few weeks and gonna take a gamble on TKTS availability for this I think.

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#112Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 5:40pm

What kind of tickets are they offering at TKTS, did you notice? Anything in orchestra or all upstairs? Saw the show Wednesday night and am now slowing dissolving into bankruptcy as I can't imagine going more than a few days without seeing it for the foreseeable future. JCM is transcendent.

Rainbowhigh23
#113Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 5:59pm

^ TKTS was selling center orchestra for the 10PM show last night - I received Row G Seat 111 (and had seats open on either side of me).

beensince1987 Profile Photo
beensince1987
#114Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 6:00pm

Does anyone know why on tele charge site, they don't show any 10pm shows? I got a ticket for this Friday 10pm show for regular price (row E center) and asked a gentleman at the box-office but he had no idea.

Tking0012
#115Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 6:03pm

@Rainbowhigh23 how much was the center orchestra seat from TKTS?

Rainbowhigh23
#116Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 6:05pm

$79 total.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#117Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 6:11pm

"Does anyone know why on tele charge site, they don't show any 10pm shows?"

No clue, since I see 10p shows on the online calendar, looked to see how they were selling, and even have a 10p seat bought through the website for JCM's last show.

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#118Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 11:11pm

I saw John as Hedwig twice in the past 24 hours. I had mezz tickets for the 10 p.m. show last night and won incredible second-row seats (BB 103 & 104) through the lottery for tonight's 7 p.m. show. I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. Jane is right, of course--he embodies Hedwig in a way I don't think anyone else ever could. I was 10 years old when he last played Hedwig at the Jane Street, so had never seen him as Hedwig in person before. But I fell in love with the movie 11 years ago, as a 15-year-old, and soon found the recording of his performance at the Jane, and was of course enamored of that as well.

I truly enjoyed each of the other three Broadway Hedwigs' performances. But this is what I've been waiting for. John's portrayal of Hedwig is so effortless and beautiful and complete that I hesitate to even call it a performance. Absolutely incredible. Can't wait to go back.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#119Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 11:19pm

I gotta say that I honestly get a good feeling every time I read a review like yours, Alix. That there are people who adored the performance and can see the difference between JCM's Hedwig and all others. Well, after all, John did create the character and based it on actual people from his life.

I"m not really surprised that ticket sales aren't through the roof. Unfortunately, JCM isn't a name well known outside the NY theater community. It's frustrating that it takes a big show biz name to fill the seats regardless of the performance.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#120Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/25/15 at 12:05am

I'm seeing it Tuesday evening. I've been told my seats are in his J-Date area...

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#121Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/25/15 at 12:11am

I really need to stop reading this thread, since every time I do it makes time until I see the show seem further and further away.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#122Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/25/15 at 12:22am

PJ, if I remember correctly, that means you're pretty close to the stage.

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#123Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/25/15 at 2:08pm

I've basically lost my mind over JCM and have seen the show three times since Wednesday. I didn't see MCH and its obviously been a while since i saw NPH and AR, but I feel like they have significantly ramped up the Hedwig/Yitzak relationship with JCM in the role. I feel like they're making it clear now that there is definitely some kind of sex happening between the characters, and there are many more tender moments between them when Yitzak will come over and comfort Hedwig after a difficult moment or just make sure she's okay, and in between all of Hedwig's barbs at Yitzkak, she does seem to touch and caress him more, little gestures of affection that I don't think were there before. There's also the completely new moment when Yitzak stalks over to Hedwig and glares at whoever she kissed during Sugar Daddy and then envelops her in his arms and sucks on her neck for a minute. I don't recall seeing really anything but contempt from H to Y before, especially with NPH. Just another way in which JCM has taken this production to a new transcendent level.

Updated On: 1/25/15 at 02:08 PM

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#124Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/25/15 at 2:14pm

That's correct. At the Jane St., there was none of the grabbing of Yitzak's thigh the way Hedwig now does. Hedwig used to be more hostile towards yitzak and made fun of him during the entire show up to Long Grift.