pixeltracker

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread- Page 3

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#50Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 8:25pm

The Beast doesn't even need to be an Actor who can sing. You can easily cut "If I can't love her." Chris Pine would be a good Gaston, but we've already seen him play that character in ITW. New face please.

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...
Updated On: 1/26/15 at 08:25 PM

beautywickedlover
#51Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 8:31pm

In the Broadway show, the length of the spell and the rose petals falling was changed from the Prince's 21st birthday to several years.

SomeOtherMe Profile Photo
SomeOtherMe
#52Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 8:31pm

"You can easily cut 'If I Can't Love Her'".

While I do admit that the song would be very easy to cut out, what would even be the point of making a new adaption of the musical if they're not going to include the "new" material? Might as well just cut "Home" as well, then.

Updated On: 1/26/15 at 08:31 PM

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#53Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 8:37pm

I honestly don't know the point of making this film. It sounds absurd to me. The cartoon is already perfect so if they are just trying to capitalize on that, then why even bother? Maybe the aim is to make it more gritty or something. I really don't know. I've always wanted to see a live version of one of my favorite cartoons, but I really can't get excited about this project for some reason. I'll wait for the trailer.

Starship
#54Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 8:41pm

Because this is the first ever, live action adaptation of the material? It's not an animated film trying to replicate the original animated film so I have no problem with it. I always find it funny when projects like this come up and people act as if it's trying to replicate the original, which is silly in this case considering the original is an animated film.

I'm excited to see how this adaptation will play out. And unless I'm wrong, is this not Disney's first ever live action musical adaptation from their repertoire?

Updated On: 1/26/15 at 08:41 PM

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#55Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 8:46pm

"I always find it funny when projects like this come up and people act as if it's trying to replicate the original"

I don't think anyone has said it's trying to do that. No one really knows exactly what this is yet. Is it going to be a more grim take? Will it be a Broadway musical style or something more small and intimate? We don't really know. All we know is it's based on the Disney musical.

JohnyBroadway
#56Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 8:53pm

I'm surprised we haven't heard any comment from Menken about this. After all, Beauty is practically his baby. It will be interesting to see if this will be full out Broadway or a few songs here and there.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#57Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 9:06pm

I have to agree with some others in the thread: I was doubting this, but I was really hoping that they would pull a Samantha Barks/Nikki Blonsky/Lilla Crawford and have Laura Osnes as Belle because she would have been the perfect Belle. She has the looks, experience, and the perfect voice for her. It'd be such a huge shame if Laura or any other Broadway actress to audition for Belle, be more talented than some other Hollywood actresses, but not get the part only because they are no-names in Hollywood.

But, I'm so happy that they cast Emma. She will be perfect! But, the fact that she is just now starting singing lessons (according to her Facebook) is making me a little bit nervous.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#58Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 9:11pm

Oh, a remake. What a thrillingly imaginative idea.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Starship
#59Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 9:16pm

Is it really a remake though if the original was an animated film?

Mrtrobz
#60Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 9:23pm

I can almost hear Jackman singing If I can't love her in my mind. They probably want someone younger though, can we please have Angela back for Mrs. Potts. :)

Jim Broadbent for Cogsworth!

Emma sings backing vocals here but I would like more to go on. I hope she pulls an Emily Blunt.

http://youtu.be/JY_Rlb8CeRI Updated On: 1/26/15 at 09:23 PM

JohnyBroadway
#61Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 9:27pm

Laura Osnes would've been a sweet Belle, but do we even know if doing films is on her radar? I doubt they even did an open call for this.

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#62Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 9:32pm

Since it's on film, I doubt we will get to see the actors playing Mrs.Potts, Lumiere and the rest. Probably just the faces on a medium sized teapot and candlestick. But who knows.

I'm really curious to see how they do Be our guest. CGI talking small plates and forks and spoons I guess. I must say, I will miss seeing long legged dancers doing kicklines and jazz steps like in the Broadway show. On film you don't need to compensate when you can CGI utensils and what not. But maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. This is still a mystery project.

Updated On: 1/26/15 at 09:32 PM

beautywickedlover
#63Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 10:10pm

"But, the fact that she is just now starting singing lessons (according to her Facebook) is making me a little bit nervous."

There is still plenty of time before filming begins. I have great confidence in her.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#64Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 10:10pm

"Laura Osnes would've been a sweet Belle, but do we even know if doing films is on her radar?"

You probably have that flipped around. Is casting her on Hollywood's radar?

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#65Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 10:27pm

Many theatre actors always at least have interest in doing TV/Film, but they often feel more at home on the stage.

disneybroadwayfan22
#66Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 10:32pm

Laura actually said earlier this month on her Twitter that she is interested in voicing a Disney character. I can easily picture Laura the next Disney heroine after Moana. If they took Santino for Prince Hans, they will definitely take her

disneybroadwayfan22
#67Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 10:32pm

Laura actually said earlier this month on her Twitter that she is interested in voicing a Disney character. I can easily picture Laura the next Disney heroine after Moana. If they took Santino for Prince Hans, they will definitely take her

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#68Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 11:00pm

"Laura actually said earlier this month on her Twitter that she is interested in voicing a Disney character." That doesn't mean Hollywood is interested in HER.

I don't get the point of Disney making live-person film adaptations of material that's already been made, loved, and done with. I got the point of Maleficent, since it was more of a spin-off/prequel than an updated Sleeping Beauty...but what is with the new Cinderella? Why that was made (and where the hell the demand was) is beyond me. Same goes for this Beauty and the Beast. Cinderella looks incredibly weak in comparison to the classic animated film. I imagine this will be the same.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

disneybroadwayfan22
#69Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 11:10pm

That doesn't mean Hollywood is interested in HER.

I mean they took Lilla Crawford in INTO THE WOODS, Samantha Barks in LES MIS, and half of the cast in Frozen were no or little names, so anything could happen :)

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#70Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 11:37pm

It's also Beauty and the Beast. It practically sells itself. It's not like it needs a star to play Belle. Emma Watson is known but it's not like she is Natalie Portman or Anne Hatheway or anything. She's only really been in one set of films and I've never thought she showed much acting range. I'll try and go in with an open mind.

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#71Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 11:46pm

I thought Watson improved drastically over the course of her seven Harry Potter movies. She's a quick learner. She'll be fine in the role.

I'm not surprised this project is happening and I'm really excited for it. But is Condon going to be the best director? While I love his writing, I wasn't thrilled with Condon's choices for Dreamgirls.

And Cinderella looks incredible. So there.

Starship
#72Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 11:50pm

I second the Cinderella comment. It looks vibrant, elegant, and touching.

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#73Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/26/15 at 11:58pm

Beauty and the Beast is way more special effects/cgi heavy, so we'll see how they do that.

I can't wait to see Belle's gown, how they do the prologue, the opening number, Gaston's death scene, and the final transformations.

So.. basically, I can't wait to watch the entire thing.

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#74Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 1/27/15 at 3:28am

I wonder if this means that the planned Warner Bros non-musical version of 'Beauty and the Beast', with which Emma Watson was once rumoured to be involved, is basically dead. Has anybody heard anything about it lately? I'm referring (I think) to the one to which Guillermo Del Toro was originally attached as director.

Have any folks seen last year's French version with Vincent Cassel / CGI as the Beast? If so, is it worth a look?