pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 150

Hamilton Cancellation Line

lafayettelove
#3725Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/15/16 at 7:13pm

I'm planning to take my friend for her birthday next month. I did the line on a wednesday in june and got in for the night show, getting there at 6 am. I really want my friend to have a good experience and get it, so I just have a few questions. 1- Am i still allowed to get there early to wait for a matinee and then the night show if I dont get it? (I understand i have to reform the line at 5:30 but still.) 2. Would it be better to go on a two show day or one?? For either one, what is a good time to get there to ensure I get in?? 3. If you have to reform the line at 5:30, are you allowed to wait at stage door and get autographs from the cast?? Please help!!! Thank you to whoever answers you're great!! 

Rachel Reynolds
#3726Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/15/16 at 9:50pm

Hi Everyone!

I've been reading this board for a month now and tomorrow I am braving the cancellation line to get tickets on my birthday! I'm coming up from DC and I'll be in New York at about 6 AM. I was originally planning on getting to the theatre to get in line by 7 AM. From recent posts it seems like getting there that early may no longer be necessary? Does anyone have information about how the line has been on Fridays? Also, I know I read it at some point, but if someone can remind me of where the line begins on non-matinee days I would greatly appreciate. I'll update the board with my experience tomorrow.

jdra
#3727Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/16/16 at 1:30pm

Hi all,

Is there anyone plus friend willing to do the wait in exchange for their tickets paid for? We would be your plus ones. any show Oct 14 or 15. We would wait ourselves but we only have 4 days total in NY.

Thanks.

ashk8177
#3728Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/16/16 at 1:43pm

jdra said: "Hi all,

Is there anyone plus friend willing to do the wait in exchange for their tickets paid for? We would be your plus ones. any show Oct 14 or 15. We would wait ourselves but we only have 4 days total in NY.

Thanks.

I will! Just sent you a PM (:

"

EvaLyn
#3729Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/17/16 at 4:47am

Sent you a PM as well!

Rachel Reynolds
#3730Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/17/16 at 10:01am

Hey All,

Just an update on my line experience. I waited in line 9/16 for the Friday evening show. I got to the line really early (7:30 AM) but there was no one else there waiting. I left and grabbed breakfast and came back at 9:30 and I was still the only one in line. From there I decided to just wait. I was joined by 4 people by 12:30 PM. They offered some premium tickets for $549 at 2 PM, and one man who had only been waiting for about 20 minutes took them. We had a line of about 10 people at 4 PM when they started calling us in to buy tickets for $199. I got an amazing box seat and the couple behind me got row H far right. I would say that anyone lining up by 1 PM at this point is guaranteed tickets. When I went back to see the show that night there were about 30 people waiting in line, but all of them arrived after 4:30. Most of the very late comers did not get into the show. Overall it was an amazing experience, and I am so glad I spent the day waiting line. It was an awesome birthday!

Rachel Reynolds
#3731Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/17/16 at 10:01am

Hey All,

Just an update on my line experience. I waited in line 9/16 for the Friday evening show. I got to the line really early (7:30 AM) but there was no one else there waiting. I left and grabbed breakfast and came back at 9:30 and I was still the only one in line. From there I decided to just wait. I was joined by 4 people by 12:30 PM. They offered some premium tickets for $549 at 2 PM, and one man who had only been waiting for about 20 minutes took them. We had a line of about 10 people at 4 PM when they started calling us in to buy tickets for $199. I got an amazing box seat and the couple behind me got row H far right. I would say that anyone lining up by 1 PM at this point is guaranteed tickets. When I went back to see the show that night there were about 30 people waiting in line, but all of them arrived after 4:30. Most of the very late comers did not get into the show. Overall it was an amazing experience, and I am so glad I spent the day waiting line. It was an awesome birthday!

Katie 6
#3732Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/17/16 at 2:26pm

Has anyone waited in line specifically/only for SRO tickets? I would love to take a friend to Hamilton, but as students, both of our budgets cap out at about $40. It sounds like people can refuse tickets and keep their place in line, so I'm considering getting there early and just waiting until they get through premium and $199 tickets. When are SRO tickets sold? I've seen it mentioned that there are typically 10 SRO tickets sold per performance-- is that still true? Also, does anyone know how early people typically get there for a 3pm Sunday performance? 

Jenna233 Profile Photo
Jenna233
#3733Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/17/16 at 3:18pm

@Katie 6: I enquired about standing room tickets at the box office yesterday and was told that they're reserved for friends/family of the cast and are only sold to the cancellation line at random performances.

I decided to try my luck yesterday, got there at 5pm and was about 14th in line and was offered the last $199 seat at 8pm as none of the three people in front of me were interested - one was a young man who was specifically waiting for standing room and the other two were a couple who needed two tickets, not one. I declined as well as I was only there for standing room, so the ticket went to an elderly man at the back of the line. They then announced that they had one standing room ticket to sell which went to the young man in front of me, so unfortunately I didn't get in, but will try again another day! 

UPDATE: Got there at 3:30pm for the evening show today. Was 13th in line and was offered a $199 seat at 8pm, but sadly had to decline again as I can only afford standing room right now. Hamilton Cancellation Line Unfortunately they were offering no standing room whatsoever tonight, so didn't get to see it again. Hamilton Cancellation Line Not sure how many of the people behind me in line got in.

Updated On: 9/17/16 at 03:18 PM

SusF81
#3734Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/22/16 at 7:04am

Thanks to everyone who posts on here. Just wanted to share my experience from yesterday. I arrived at 4.40pm (Wednesday) and there were 12 people in line on the left side of the theater (some were on the right side too but I asked the stewards and they said this was the official line).

No one got a ticket until around 7.30/7.45 so it was a bit tight! I got through at 7.57pm and paid $199 for G102 (pretty much orchestra middle about 7 rows back. Amazing seat). They did have some standing room and at least one more person behind me got in, maybe more I didn't see. 

Of the people in front of me, only 4 of them purchased 2 tickets, everyone else was a single so that helped. However, there was a big group of 7 who all got there early as they were a total of 9 and all wanted to see it so got there extra early.

Anyway, hope that helps. Had a great time in the line (I'm 8 months pregnant and it wasn't tiring or stressful). The people next to us ordered pizza from across the street and the staff walked it over to the line! It was a great experience and the show is fantastic. Worth waiting 3.5 hours for! 

SarahNYC2
#3735Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/22/16 at 7:49am

That is so NYC to order a pizza while waiting on this kind of line!

Question-I will be in NYC from Dec. 26-Jan. 2nd. My days are completely free. I am trying to figure out if that will be a time when no sell backs will be available, or maybe a great time. Anyone have an opinion? Suggestions? I appreciate all the advice on here so whatever your thoughts I'd love to hear them.

met9306
#3736Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/24/16 at 8:33am

@SusF81 I'm going to try my luck today for the evening show.. Since it's a Saturday I might try and get there around 3:30 pm. You said there were two line but the "official" line was on the LEFT side of the theater, correct? I don't want to get screwed by waiting in the wrong place.. thanks!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3737Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/24/16 at 8:38am

Xmas week is one of Broadway's  uses the weeks.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

senatorbrown
#3738Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/24/16 at 9:38am

Hey Guys!

My friend and I will wait in line for you! We are not in a financial situation to purchase full price Hamilton tickets. But we do have a lot of time on our hands! Anybody reading the thread that doesn't think they're ready to take the cancellation line plunge, or would rather spend their vacation enjoying the sites - we can get you a pair of tickets at full price. All we ask is that you pay for our tickets as well. 

Here's how it works: We get in line and bring you as our plus ones. You guys will arrive 30 minutes before the show begins and we'll go inside once we get tickets! Once we're all inside, we can then switch seats so that you guys can sit together and me and my friend can sit together. You guys can have the better seats - we'll just be happy to be in the room where it happens. The seats are usually VERY good house seats. These are usually held for celebrities and VIPs alike. Sometimes they can be front row from lotto winners that didn't confirm in time. Or they can just be other scattered seats around the theatre. At any rate - You guys get the better pair of tickets.

We are not asking for any monetary compensation - just our tickets. If we don't get tickets, you owe us nothing. But we'll get up very early to give us the best chances. Message me and we can discuss which dates you prefer to try and see it. We can also try and have one or two more of our friends to wait with us so that a family of 3 or 4 can see the show together - message us to arrange that as well. 

SusF81
#3739Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/24/16 at 10:17am

Yes, some people left our line to try the right side so I just asked the people at the box office (in blue shirts) and they said to stand to the left. There were black poles by our line too so it looked more official.

ecaracino
#3740Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/24/16 at 10:26am

FYI everyone, I heard there will be heightened security for tonight's performance and they are recommending people get there about an hour earlier than usual. I don't know if this will impact the cancellation line situation but just thought I'd let you all know.

senatorbrown
#3741Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/24/16 at 1:12pm

It's the Israeli Prime Minister - he will be at the show tonight. 

AMHM
#3742Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/25/16 at 9:39am

Hi! Has anyone tried to get tickets from the cancellation line for a Sunday 3pm show? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!!

AMHM
#3743Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/25/16 at 6:48pm

Hi! Does anyone know what time we should get on the cancellation line for a Sunday 3pm show?

Thank  you!

VirginiaWoolf
#3744Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/29/16 at 8:14pm

Anyone have line updates? I want to brave it during the upcoming holiday weekend. Am thinking Friday night would be my best chance - does anyone have thoughts as to timing and whether it's easier to do Friday night or sat matinee?  Thanks!

ampi2 Profile Photo
ampi2
#3745Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 9/30/16 at 4:47pm

I did cancellation line last Saturday, got there at 6AM and was 5th in line, the first couple of people got there at 2AM and the other two at 4AM.

I was the first one to get a ticket since I only needed a single, around 20 minutes before the show.  I got ORCH 104 in Row F, excellent seat! I still can't believe I saw the show, it was incredible!

I saw at least 10 other people from line in the theatre afterwards. 

samandryanmom
#3746Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/1/16 at 2:54pm

My sixteen year old daughter and I will be landing at 10am on Friday, October 14th. We will be in NYC until Monday night. We wanted to head straight to the theatre for the cancellation line. Do you think if we were to get in line by 2, there's a chance of us seeing that nights show? Also, can I bring a small three legged stool? Is that allowed or do you stand/sit on the ground the entire time? This mom is not as young as she used to be!

AMHM
#3747Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/1/16 at 3:52pm

Hi! If you have waiting in the cancellation line in the early hours of the morning - 4am, 5am - what is it like standing outside at that time of day? Were there people walking on the street or was it pretty empty?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3748Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/1/16 at 3:55pm

There's no longer a need to get there that early anymore.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

CassandraReads Profile Photo
CassandraReads
#3749Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/1/16 at 3:59pm

When we stood in line from 2:45am-6:30pm we encountered some shady characters until the sun came up, (2 girls sitting alone), but the police line up their cars on 46th so we figured if we needed to scream we would. It wasn't necessary. Other than that (2 sketchy characters) it was a blast talking to everyone who walked by the rest of the day! 

We sat on little fold up golf chairs until the box office opened at 10am and they asked us to put them away. After that we just sat on the steps. You won't have to sit on the ground no matter what thanks to the long row of steps. :) 

Videos