pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 73

Hamilton Cancellation Line

jdra
#1800Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 6:19pm

MISH2 said: "Well, everyone is perfectly safe, until they aren't.  Look what happened at 8:30 a.m. at 48th and 8th this morning, in the middle of rush hour.

I know it's right next to the Marriott, but is there much activity there in the middle of the night? Everyone should be alert and aware, and frankly, I wouldn't lie down and go to sleep unless someone else was there.  That being said, you are right that NYC is one of the safest big cities in the world statistically.
"

My thoughts exactly. (It was safer when the paid linesitters were always there. :))

Jennabee
#1801Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 6:31pm

Sunshine31 said: "Stubhub update (05/18, 6:15 PM): 24 tickets left. Cheapest is $757.00. LINK: http://bit.ly/1Tgeg67 "

Cheapest right now is $555.72.  Still a bunch left.

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#1802Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 6:35pm

Jennabee said: "Sunshine31 said: "Stubhub update (05/18, 6:15 PM): 24 tickets left. Cheapest is $757.00. LINK: http://bit.ly/1Tgeg67 "

A lot are pick up only.  Which is great that StubHub is just a 10 minute walk or 6 minute sprint away.  

MISH2 Profile Photo
MISH2
#1803Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 7:14pm

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "Jennabee said: "Sunshine31 said: "Stubhub update (05/18, 6:15 PM): 24 tickets left. Cheapest is $757.00. LINK: http://bit.ly/1Tgeg67 "

A lot are pick up only.  Which is great that StubHub is just a 10 minute walk or 6 minute sprint away.  

Wow, there are now 2 orchestra seats to be picked up, row G, $472 each.  

Why oh why am I on freakin' Staten Island (a question I've asked myself over the years for many reasons, some much more compelling than this one!)

"

Sunshine31
#1804Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 7:19pm

MISH2 said: "MyFavoriteBrunette said: "Jennabee said: "Sunshine31 said: "Stubhub update (05/18, 6:15 PM): 24 tickets left. Cheapest is $757.00. LINK: http://bit.ly/1Tgeg67 "

Wow, there are now 2 orchestra seats to be picked up, row G, $472 each.  

Why oh why am I on freakin' Staten Island (a question I've asked myself over the years for many reasons, some much more compelling than this one!)

"
Someone is going to grab them at that price! 

jdra
#1805Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 7:20pm

MISH2 said: " Wow, there are now 2 orchestra seats to be picked up, row G, $472 each.  "

Weird. they just went up to $695 each.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#1806Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 7:25pm

sundaymourning6am said: "To all the posters who are afraid for their safety, where are you from??? This isn't NYC in 1986. The streets are owned by Disney and the NYPD. You're right next to damn Marriot. Put on your big kid pants. You're fine. "

Oh, stop being rude. I've lived in NYC my entire adult life but being a young woman alone at night puts your defenses up no matter where you are. It's a valid thing to want to make sure you'll be safe if you're alone on the street in the middle of the night. I've had some sketchy encounters with people in the Times Square area, and while nothing terrible has ever happened you still need to be on your guard at least a little bit. 

Anyway, there's usually people out on the street at pretty much all hours so it's not like you'll be sitting on a totally empty sidewalk, especially since it's right next to the Marriott. You'll be fine although I wouldn't recommend trying to sleep if you're alone on the line (though that just seems like common sense). 

Updated On: 5/18/16 at 07:25 PM

MISH2 Profile Photo
MISH2
#1807Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 7:27pm

jdra said: "MISH2 said: " Wow, there are now 2 orchestra seats to be picked up, row G, $472 each.  "

Weird. they just went up to $695 each.

Gone!

"

ashk8177
#1808Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 7:39pm

I almost purchased from Stubhub today, then at the checkout I learned that the quoted price does not include the fees, which would have been an additional $250 for two tickets. I am feeling very discouraged at this point, the regular stubhub prices were a stretch to begin with and with the extra....ugh. Just wanted to let everyone know so they don't get all excited and then let down if you can't afford the additional $

Updated On: 5/18/16 at 07:39 PM

Jennabee
#1809Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 7:40pm

ashk8177 said: "I almost purchased from Stubhub today, then at the checkout I learned that the quoted price does not include the fees, which would have been an addition $250 for two tickets. I am feeling very discouraged at this point, the regular stubhub prices were a stretch to begin with and with the extra....ugh. Just wanted to let everyone know so they don't get all excited and then let down if you can't afford the additional $"

Oh that is good to know, thanks.  I expected fees but not that high.  What were the prices when you were thinking of buying?

alicity
#1810Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 7:42pm

perfectlymarvelous said: "sundaymourning6am said: "To all the posters who are afraid for their safety, where are you from??? This isn't NYC in 1986. The streets are owned by Disney and the NYPD. You're right next to damn Marriot. Put on your big kid pants. You're fine. "

Oh, stop being rude. I've lived in NYC my entire adult life but being a young woman alone at night puts your defenses up no matter where you are. It's a valid thing to want to make sure you'll be safe if you're alone on the street in the middle of the night. I've had some sketchy encounters with people in the Times Square area, and while nothing terrible has ever happened you still need to be on your guard at least a little bit. 

Anyway, there's usually people out on the street at pretty much all hours so it's not like you'll be sitting on a totally empty sidewalk, especially since it's right next to the Marriott. You'll be fine although I wouldn't recommend trying to sleep if you're alone on the line (though that just seems like common sense). 

"

I'm actually from Boston, but after midnight, the city is mostly dead. The only people around aren't really the people you want to hang around with. Obviously, if there are other people around, there is less of a chance for trouble (but I agree, you should still be alert). I just wanted to know what the situation is like so I am aware. Not everywhere is the same and I don't live in NYC to know.

MISH2 Profile Photo
MISH2
#1811Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 7:45pm

ashk8177 said: "I almost purchased from Stubhub today, then at the checkout I learned that the quoted price does not include the fees, which would have been an additional $250 for two tickets. I am feeling very discouraged at this point, the regular stubhub prices were a stretch to begin with and with the extra....ugh. Just wanted to let everyone know so they don't get all excited and then let down if you can't afford the additional $

Wow, $250!  I had no idea!

schubox
#1812Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 7:46pm

ashk8177 said: "I almost purchased from Stubhub today, then at the checkout I learned that the quoted price does not include the fees, which would have been an additional $250 for two tickets. I am feeling very discouraged at this point, the regular stubhub prices were a stretch to begin with and with the extra....ugh. Just wanted to let everyone know so they don't get all excited and then let down if you can't afford the additional $

"

You can change the prices to show what they would be with the fee. Helps the sticker shock.

Also you all see orch row g on stubhub? The last j saw were two in the balcony and that was 45 minutes ago and I never saw any others. Did they just pop up randomly?

BrownHairedSinger
#1813Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 7:58pm

Having watched the tickets a lot, it seems that sometimes sellers will take them off of Ticketmaster and put them up on StubHub and vice versa.  Whichever one seems to be selling best. 

The fees on Ticketmaster are around 17% over the shown price and I think they are pretty comparable on StubHub.  On the Ticketmaster if you look at the list view and click details, you can see all of the fees.  On StubHub  you can click the box under options (top right of the ticket list) to see the tickets with fees.

I've noticed less TicketMaster resales this week vs last week.  I wonder if it is because of all of the celebrities in town for the upfronts this week.  

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#1814Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 7:59pm

Yes, fees are high.  My $550 third row came to $653.  The two I bought in March for May were $457 each and both came to $1061Hamilton Cancellation Line

MISH2 Profile Photo
MISH2
#1815Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 8:07pm

schubox said: "ashk8177 said: "I almost purchased from Stubhub today, then at the checkout I learned that the quoted price does not include the fees, which would have been an additional $250 for two tickets. I am feeling very discouraged at this point, the regular stubhub prices were a stretch to begin with and with the extra....ugh. Just wanted to let everyone know so they don't get all excited and then let down if you can't afford the additional $

"

You can change the prices to show what they would be with the fee. Helps the sticker shock.

Also you all see orch row g on stubhub? The last j saw were two in the balcony and that was 45 minutes ago and I never saw any others. Did they just pop up randomly

I guess so, because I defnitely saw them, and when someone said they saw them for more a minute or so later, I checked again and they were gone.

"

conojochan
#1816Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 8:10pm

any one have a report on how many tickets were available in cancellation line today . tx

ashk8177
#1817Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 8:16pm

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "Yes, fees are high.  My $550 third row came to $653.  The two I bought in March for May were $457 each and both came to $1061Hamilton Cancellation Line

"

Thanks, I will definitely search with the fees included from now on. I thought they only charged seller fees. I just chatted with them and they told me this "Stubhub's buy fees are dynamic, and can change due to some key factors, such as market value, supply and demand, and event popularity" Sooo, basically for Hamilton they can charge whatever they please. They always charge the seller 10%, which makes no sense for one to be consistent and the other not.

I'm not sure about ticketmaster, but they are making even more of a killing by 1) selling the original ticket 2) letting customers resell it on their site for far more than the face value, then charging fees on top of that to both buyer and seller.

Oh, well. I may not like the rules, but not much I can do about it. I'm about out of hope for seeing the show anytime soon. At least there is the beautiful cast recording to drown my sorrows in (-:

broadwayfever
#1818Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 8:17pm

jdra said: "My thoughts exactly. (It was safer when the paid linesitters were always there. :))"

When they were sleeping or when they would take off for hours and then come back in the morning? lol

Stop worrying about sleeping overnight next to the Marriott. There are plenty of cameras in that area and several patrons that will be showing up around 11PM to midnight to get in line. You guys and gals will be ok sleeping there overnight.

jdra
#1819Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 8:24pm

BrownHairedSinger said: "I've noticed less TicketMaster resales this week vs last week.  I wonder if it is because of all of the celebrities in town for the upfronts this week.  "

I wonder if that is the reason for less tickets to the cancellation line this week.

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#1820Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 8:24pm

ashk8177 said: "I'm about out of hope for seeing the show anytime soon. At least there is the beautiful cast recording to drown my sorrows in (-:"

Same here.  A trip to NYC is pricey in and of itself, but I'd go in a second if I could just find reasonably priced tickets. But nope; the scalpers have them all and it doesn't look like anybody will be able to get one for less than $900 ea. unless you A. are lucky enough to win the lotto, B. are young and healthy enough to sit in the cancellation line for 24+ hours or C. willling to wait until next spring, when most/all of the original cast will be gone, to see it.

It really is discouraging, especially when you see how many tickets are available on StubHub and Ticketmaster for obscene pricees.  That's why it makes me a little mad too when someone brags that they've seen the show three, four, five times and still they snap up cancellation tickets preventing some other person from seeing it even once.  But there's nothing illegal about that, just unlucky I suppose.

So, I'll drown my sorrows in the cast album too, and I'll watch the bootleg, because it looks like that's the only way I'm going to see this show.

BroadwayFan2
#1821Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 8:54pm

Thanks to everyone on this forum that helped answer my questions yesterday. I was able to call the line sitting company (SOLD) today and the person who answered was very helpful. I am definitely using their services. I just feel better knowing that I tried to get Hamilton tickets by using their services rather than just running there on my lunch break to constantly ask the box office because it just wasn't cutting it.

I am so glad to know there is such a thing as line standing and had I known, I would have used them earlier. I am fine if they don't get tickets, but I feel reassured knowing that I paid someone to be there and at least TRY! You can't put a price tag on reassurance. Oh, and I see they do Crounts from their website so I am going to use them for that as well. I keep hearing about Cronuts and always wanted to try one.

I am going to see about June performances when relatives come to visit for the summer. Thanks, SOLD!

Updated On: 5/18/16 at 08:54 PM

schubox
#1822Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 9:02pm

BrownHairedSinger said: "Having watched the tickets a lot, it seems that sometimes sellers will take them off of Ticketmaster and put them up on StubHub and vice versa.  Whichever one seems to be selling best. 

The fees on Ticketmaster are around 17% over the shown price and I think they are pretty comparable on StubHub.  On the Ticketmaster if you look at the list view and click details, you can see all of the fees.  On StubHub  you can click the box under options (top right of the ticket list) to see the tickets with fees.

I've noticed less TicketMaster resales this week vs last week.  I wonder if it is because of all of the celebrities in town for the upfronts this week.  

"

There's definitely the same seats on both stubhub and TM

TaliBL
#1823Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 9:06pm

sarahb22 said: "ashk8177 said: "I'm about out of hope for seeing the show anytime soon. At least there is the beautiful cast recording to drown my sorrows in (-:"

Same here.  A trip to NYC is pricey in and of itself, but I'd go in a second if I could just find reasonably priced tickets. But nope; the scalpers have them all and it doesn't look like anybody will be able to get one for less than $900 ea. unless you A. are lucky enough to win the lotto, B. are young and healthy enough to sit in the cancellation line for 24+ hours or C. willling to wait until next spring, when most/all of the original cast will be gone, to see it.

It really is discouraging, especially when you see how many tickets are available on StubHub and Ticketmaster for obscene pricees.  That's why it makes me a little mad too when someone brags that they've seen the show three, four, five times and still they snap up cancellation tickets preventing some other person from seeing it even once.  But there's nothing illegal about that, just unlucky I suppose.

So, I'll drown my sorrows in the cast album too, and I'll watch the bootleg, because it looks like that's the only way I'm going to see this show.

Right, that was what I was saying too....it is a bit frustrating for people who haven't seen the show to be competing for cancellation tickets with someone who has seen it a bunch of times...if you're such a big Hamilton fan, maybe settle for having seen it 3-5 times and let some other people "take a shot!" 

"

broadwayfever
#1824Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 9:25pm

BroadwayFan2 said: "Thanks to everyone on this forum that helped answer my questions yesterday. I was able to call the line sitting company (SOLD) today and the person who answered was very helpful. I am definitely using their services. I just feel better knowing that I tried to get Hamilton tickets by using their services rather than just running there on my lunch break to constantly ask the box office because it just wasn't cutting it. I am so glad to know there is such a thing as line standing and had I known, I would have used them earlier. I am fine if they don't get tickets, but I feel reassured knowing that I paid someone to be there and at least TRY! You can't put a price tag on reassurance. Oh, and I see they do Crounts from their website so I am going to use them for that as well. I keep hearing about Cronuts and always wanted to try one. I am going to see about June performances when relatives come to visit for the summer. Thanks, SOLD!"

------------------------

...says the professional line sitter trying to pass as a patron. You and a couple of others make it too obvious. Especially, when you sound like an infomercial...lol.

Videos