pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 74

Hamilton Cancellation Line

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#1825Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 9:40pm

Are cronuts even still a thing? I thought everyone had moved on to the rainbow bagels.

emscats2
#1826Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 10:22pm

Wednesday matinee update!

As mentioned previously, I am a crazy Hamilfan from the West Coast who was willing to wait 24 hours for the chance to see the show.  I lined up with my boyfriend Tuesday @ 2:30 PM, and we set up our night camp in front of the small carpark (opposite side of the painted doors).  Emilyschan arrived around 8:30 PM, and a couple who were also waiting with us earlier for the Tuesday 7 PM show came back around 9:00 PM.  A schoolteacher joined us around midnight.  We became fast friends, sharing theater stories and laughing at how crazy we are. 

If you are planning to stay the night (which is a guaranteed way of being first), I would recommend bringing thick blankets/a sleeping bag.  Concrete is hard.  Also, on Wednesdays a large number of sanitation trucks come by around 3 AM, making it basically impossible to sleep.  All in all, I think I got about 4-5 hours.

I’ll admit I was a bit worried about security too, but we had an awesome group and we all looked out for each other.  Nothing was stolen, and people were mostly curious about what we were doing.  Also, there happens to be a police camera pointed at our sleeping spot.  The only problem is that the Marriott and McDonald's close their bathrooms at night, so we were forced to scout for other places. 

Times Square at 4 AM still has some people wandering around in it.  This is truly a city that never sleeps.

6-7 AM we were all pretty much awake.  Ran back to my car to change clothes and got some bagels for anybody who wanted some (6 more people were a part of the line at this point).  The line polices itself, and everyone was very friendly.  No line sitters.

When the box office opened, we moved to the painted door side of the theater.  Then, Jackie (one of the stage managers) came out to try and figure out who wanted to do the online lottery vs. the cancellation line. 

Here’s where things get tricky.  Bringing a partner for the Wednesday matinee now appears to be critically important.  Today, if you were by yourself, you had to choose between waiting in the cancellation line or the lottery line.  If you had a partner, you split up to hold spots in both lines.  For example, I lined up for the lottery (which got set up at 12 PM).  Once I entered my slip of paper, I swapped places with my bf, who then went to the back of the lottery line to enter his slip of paper.  This way everybody keeps their spot in the cancellation line if they so choose.  Some people chose to forgo the lottery, as there were about 1,000 people today.  The line wrapped around the block and the crowds on both sides of the street were huge.  If you want to do both lottery and cancellation line, you may have to resign yourself to not getting a great view of the Ham4Ham show.  I was sadly unable to see much of Patti Lupone, but we could all hear her just fine.  She exited via a door near the cancellation line though so we got to see her for a little bit. 

None of the cancellation line crew won the lottery, though two girls from yesterday who had lined up since 6:30 AM but left around 5 PM got in.  We were super happy for them!

Because matinee days are riskier, our crew was quietly anxious as people began going in around 1:30 PM.  Around 1:58-9, Jackie began dancing toward us and told us to go into the box office, first window.  We screamed our goodbyes to the line and rushed inside, paying $180 each (tax and fees were added on).  In total, there were 6 tickets released, 4 in Orchestra row G on the center right (celebrity/VIP seating we think), and 2 standing room.  We got the first two, emilyschan got the other two seats next to us a couple of minutes later, and the couple behind us were the last to get in for the matinee.

Showtime, showtime!

Needless to say, completely worth the wait.  Hamilton is one of the greatest works of art in the world.  Jasmine and Anthony were replaced by their understudies today, but they did a great job.  I cried so much during the second act. 

Afterwards, we went back to check on our friends in the cancellation line.  Two of our friends were still there and decided to hang on for the evening show, since they were first in line.  The line itself still looked pretty long (20-30 people). 

Know that doing the cancellation line will be a tiring and stressful endeavor, but an unforgettable one you will do in good company that is worth the trouble. I wish you the best of luck.

Updated On: 5/18/16 at 10:22 PM

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#1827Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 10:38pm

emscats2 said: "Wednesday matinee update!

Thank you and extra YAY for @emilyschan who was there sitting on her comforter last night!  Glad you got in.  My husband is Chinese so extra shout out to my peeps!  LOL! 

schubox
#1828Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 10:45pm

Saw this on another board about last nights line. "

yup. 
did it last night
got in the 9th row!!!!

got there at 3:30am, first few people got there at 11:30pm. No line sitters. I was number 9, but after premiums I was 8. They handed out 3 unclaimed lottery (I think) at 6:30ish, then the rest of them during the five minutes before the show. I was 9th row, orchestra side "

missedattuck
#1829Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 10:47pm

What time should I show up for a Sunday matinee?  I've read the past 10 pages or so, but Sunday matinee doesn't seem to be covered much.  I'm hoping I could show up around 3-4am and have a decent place in line.

Although maybe it would be better to just arrive around that time on a Saturday so I have two shots between the matinee and the evening show.

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#1830Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 10:57pm

They have not had a Sunday show since I think March, so that's why no ones answering when to get there on a Sunday. Sunday performances will return May 29.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

schubox
#1831Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 11:05pm

Cape Twirl of Doom said: "They have not had a Sunday show since I think March, so that's why no ones answering when to get there on a Sunday. Sunday performances will return May 29.

"

Is there a reason they're switching?

ammurp
#1832Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 11:12pm

Hi all! Wanted to share my cancellation line story for the Tuesday, May 17th show!

6:00pm 5/16: My husband and I leave literally right from work in Ottawa, Ontario and we begin our 7 hour drive to NYC!

1:00am 5/17: We park our car in underground parking down the street and join the line. Originally the plan was I was going to wait and line and he was going to sleep in the car...turns out NYC parking garages are a lot different than Canadian ones haha. He joins me in the line and we are in it for the long haul. There are 4 people in front of us looking for a total of 6 tickets. I'm terrible with names but I affectionally have dubbed them The Roomates (ladies 1 and 2), Mother Daughter Duo (daughter was in the line overnight and mom joined later on in the morning) and Boyfriend Of The Year (dude sacrificed his entire night/day to get a ticket for him and his girlfriend for her birthday...aw). We are willing to go for premium tickets so we establish that we are first in line for those

3:00/3:30am: We are joined by chalklit and while everyone else tries to sleep (I gave up basically from the get go...made it the whole wait on one hour of sleep I got in the car) he and I chat and he makes the time before the sun rises FLY by. Thanks dude!

Not sure of exact times but between now and about 6:00am we're joined by a gentleman looking for two tickets, another gentleman looking for two tickets whose wife joins him later in the day, a woman going for a single I believe and then some others. Once the sun rises...the wait got slooooow. I think between 6 and 12 was when things felt longest for me, especially once the box office opened and I knew that premium tickets could come out at any moment. At 6 or 7 a gentlemen who works for the theatre arrived and sort of scolded the people who had chairs...but then came back out and we realized it was all cool and he was just making sure we put them away before any one else from the theatre arrived as they would kick anyone with chairs out of the line. He came out and chatted with us a lot in the morning, super cool guy.

As we're waiting my husband and I decide that if a single premium comes out that I should take it. Which leads me to

12:30pm: Single premium ticket is offered AND I HAVE MY HAMILTICKET. Row F, Seat 106...one off from dead center. At this point my husband asks that if a pair of premiums come out can he buy the pair and we return the single one or something along those lines. They say that if they come out with more than one premium ticket you don't have to buy the pair per say, you can just get one and then the other one will go down the line until it's claimed. We cross our fingers that another premium is offered since my husband has never been to NYC before and we would love to go and do some touristy things. Alas...mine was the only premium offered that day...so the wait continues...

4:30pm: The line is moved to the left side of the theatre to make way for the crowds. I am basically a ball of anxiousness even though I'm the only one in line with a ticket (go figure), and I'm trying to make complicated plans of what will happen if we're offered a pair of tickets but I'm delirious from lack of sleep and making it way too complicated. But we figure it all out, though it's still way too complicated for me to go into here...basically pairing up with other people in line and what not...turns out there was no need because....

6:30pm: Box office bouncer guy comes out with an offer of a pair (The Roomates take those) and a single ticket...Mother Daughter and Boyfriend of the Year skip on it and PERFECTION my husband takes it! When we enter the box office The Roomates discover they are getting unclaimed lottery tickets and are ECSTATIC. My husbands ticket is Row J seat 112. We won't be sitting together but that's okay we made it! But then something really cool happens.

When we get to our seats I'm blown away by how awesome my seat is and I wave at my husband who is sitting one seat in from the aisle, with an older gentlemen on the aisle. My husband comes to chat with me then returns to his seat and the older gentlemen asks if we're together and then offers to switch seats with me. Now...I know some maybe wouldn't give up their premium seat but I would have rather experienced the show beside my husband so we take him up on his offer. Turns out the man is Edward James Olmos for any of you Battlestar Galactica fans out there (Side note...Lin tweeted a pic of him and Mr. Olmos and I replied to it in the morning to say that he switched seats with me and how kind he was and Lin liked my tweet and I died, writing this from my grave.)

We saw almost all our other line friends get in as well which made us so happy! Glad we took the premium and the single, otherwise chalklit and his mom wouldn't have both gotten in. It was the most amazing thing we have ever seen. So many goosebumps, laughs and tears. 7 hours of driving, 17 hours of waiting (LOL) completely worth it. 

TLDR: We got tickets for the May 17th show after 17 hours of waiting and it was THE BEST.

Updated On: 5/18/16 at 11:12 PM

ammurp
#1833Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 11:15pm

emscats2: I'm so glad you got to see the show today! I figured you would. It was nice to meet and chat with you on Tuesday!

emscats2
#1834Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 11:43pm

Likewise ammurp; I'm glad to hear things turned out so well!

MyFavoriteBrunette
#1835Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/19/16 at 12:13am

ammurp said: TLDR: We got tickets for the May 17th show after 17 hours of waiting and it was THE BEST.

SEVENTEEEEEEEEEEEEN!  WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!

broadwayfever
#1836Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/19/16 at 12:16am

@ Ammurp - That was a great recap...thanks for sharing.

ammurp
#1837Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/19/16 at 12:18am

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "ammurp said: TLDR: We got tickets for the May 17th show after 17 hours of waiting and it was THE BEST.

SEVENTEEEEEEEEEEEEN!  WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!

"

BAHAHAHA. I figured you'd like that MyFavoriteBrunette Hamilton Cancellation Line

MyFavoriteBrunette
#1838Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/19/16 at 12:18am

For anyone wondering if it's dark, scary, safe over at the RRT, this is a photo I took during my XX hour wait. This is exactly at 3:57 a.m.  The On Your Feet marquee is was on alllll night and the looping scenes engraved into my brain!

MyFavoriteBrunette
#1839Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/19/16 at 12:22am

...and this is when it looks like when it decides to rain and you have no umbrella because you didn't listen to the forecast.

MyFavoriteBrunette
#1840Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/19/16 at 12:26am

ammurp said: BAHAHAHA. I figured you'd like that MyFavoriteBrunette

I adored it!!!  Thank you!  And I looooove that EJO switched seats!  I loved him in Miami Vice but especially in "Selena" opposite JLo as her dad. 

steins
#1841Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/19/16 at 1:14am

@emscats2 many congratulations!! I flew in twice for the past 2 months and did the cancellation line. Would not blink to do it 3rd time.

@MyFavoriteBrunette did I mentioned I am from China? haha

steins
#1842Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/19/16 at 1:19am

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "Happydude said: I will fess up  I AM  a linesitter.

My faith always taught me “But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you".

So back when you accused me of being a S.O.L.D. proxy because I had too much line information--in my mind and in my heart, I forgave you.  All I was being was a fan and trying to help people out here on the board with either how long to wait for yourself, privately messaging others on how early to book a sitter based on my eyewitness experience, and how to snag a resale ticket.

My sister is a caregiver to our 76 year old mom so I understand.

Don't judge, don't condemn and doors will open for you =)

"

I just want to comment shame on you Happydude. Shame on you. Your first couple of posts on this forum were full of wrongly accusing anyone active and helpful to be a line sitter. Now even the particular case you are arguing has moral ground, I tends to believe this particular case suits your line-sitting propaganda.

Updated On: 5/19/16 at 01:19 AM

andynihao
#1843Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/19/16 at 2:35am

Damn, @MyFavoriteBrunette, they removed the scaffolding from in front of the carpark gates! Those roofs were some very nice refuge in my cancellation line experience...no rain, but just satisfied knowing there was a roof above my head (and also blocked a lot of the sun).

schubox
#1844Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/19/16 at 4:18am

andynihao said: "Damn, @MyFavoriteBrunette, they removed the scaffolding from in front of the carpark gates! Those roofs were some very nice refuge in my cancellation line experience...no rain, but just satisfied knowing there was a roof above my head (and also blocked a lot of the sun).

"

Yeah that's where I lined up as well. When you get there late at night did you line up there, where the scaffolding was? Or did you line up in front of the theater?

MISH2 Profile Photo
MISH2
#1845Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/19/16 at 7:20am

I don't have to read any further to say this gets my vote for absolute BEST post of the day!

Well done!

ammurp said: "Hi all! Wanted to share my cancellation line story for the Tuesday, May 17th show!

6:00pm 5/16: My husband and I leave literally right from work in Ottawa, Ontario and we begin our 7 hour drive to NYC!

1:00am 5/17: We park our car in underground parking down the street and join the line. Originally the plan was I was going to wait and line and he was going to sleep in the car...turns out NYC parking garages are a lot different than Canadian ones haha. He joins me in the line and we are in it for the long haul. There are 4 people in front of us looking for a total of 6 tickets. I'm terrible with names but I affectionally have dubbed them The Roomates (ladies 1 and 2), Mother Daughter Duo (daughter was in the line overnight and mom joined later on in the morning) and Boyfriend Of The Year (dude sacrificed his entire night/day to get a ticket for him and his girlfriend for her birthday...aw). We are willing to go for premium tickets so we establish that we are first in line for those

3:00/3:30am: We are joined by chalklit and while everyone else tries to sleep (I gave up basically from the get go...made it the whole wait on one hour of sleep I got in the car) he and I chat and he makes the time before the sun rises FLY by. Thanks dude!

Not sure of exact times but between now and about 6:00am we're joined by a gentleman looking for two tickets, another gentleman looking for two tickets whose wife joins him later in the day, a woman going for a single I believe and then some others. Once the sun rises...the wait got slooooow. I think between 6 and 12 was when things felt longest for me, especially once the box office opened and I knew that premium tickets could come out at any moment. At 6 or 7 a gentlemen who works for the theatre arrived and sort of scolded the people who had chairs...but then came back out and we realized it was all cool and he was just making sure we put them away before any one else from the theatre arrived as they would kick anyone with chairs out of the line. He came out and chatted with us a lot in the morning, super cool guy.

As we're waiting my husband and I decide that if a single premium comes out that I should take it. Which leads me to

12:30pm: Single premium ticket is offered AND I HAVE MY HAMILTICKET. Row F, Seat 106...one off from dead center. At this point my husband asks that if a pair of premiums come out can he buy the pair and we return the single one or something along those lines. They say that if they come out with more than one premium ticket you don't have to buy the pair per say, you can just get one and then the other one will go down the line until it's claimed. We cross our fingers that another premium is offered since my husband has never been to NYC before and we would love to go and do some touristy things. Alas...mine was the only premium offered that day...so the wait continues...

4:30pm: The line is moved to the left side of the theatre to make way for the crowds. I am basically a ball of anxiousness even though I'm the only one in line with a ticket (go figure), and I'm trying to make complicated plans of what will happen if we're offered a pair of tickets but I'm delirious from lack of sleep and making it way too complicated. But we figure it all out, though it's still way too complicated for me to go into here...basically pairing up with other people in line and what not...turns out there was no need because....

6:30pm: Box office bouncer guy comes out with an offer of a pair (The Roomates take those) and a single ticket...Mother Daughter and Boyfriend of the Year skip on it and PERFECTION my husband takes it! When we enter the box office The Roomates discover they are getting unclaimed lottery tickets and are ECSTATIC. My husbands ticket is Row J seat 112. We won't be sitting together but that's okay we made it! But then something really cool happens.

When we get to our seats I'm blown away by how awesome my seat is and I wave at my husband who is sitting one seat in from the aisle, with an older gentlemen on the aisle. My husband comes to chat with me then returns to his seat and the older gentlemen asks if we're together and then offers to switch seats with me. Now...I know some maybe wouldn't give up their premium seat but I would have rather experienced the show beside my husband so we take him up on his offer. Turns out the man is Edward James Olmos for any of you Battlestar Galactica fans out there (Side note...Lin tweeted a pic of him and Mr. Olmos and I replied to it in the morning to say that he switched seats with me and how kind he was and Lin liked my tweet and I died, writing this from my grave.)

We saw almost all our other line friends get in as well which made us so happy! Glad we took the premium and the single, otherwise chalklit and his mom wouldn't have both gotten in. It was the most amazing thing we have ever seen. So many goosebumps, laughs and tears. 7 hours of driving, 17 hours of waiting (LOL) completely worth it. 

TLDR: We got tickets for the May 17th show after 17 hours of waiting and it was THE BEST.

"

happydude
#1846Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/19/16 at 7:32am

broadwayfever said: "happydude said: "I will fess up  I AM  a linesitter. I make money on the side this way. It's not a get rich quick way of earning, but it does alleviate some bills, as I'm a caregiver. At present, I have customers who are distraught over this new edict. 4 women, the average age is 65, plus one mother who is 87!!!! They are not rich, but would love to see the show. They hired me and a friend, but now they must cancel. Not everyone who wants a linesitter is of means or is trying to get over. If they had real $$$ they'd pay StubHub or TicketMaster and not be dealing with all of this. Yes, some linesitters and companies have been obnoxious, but not everyone is. My senior citizen customers are here in town from California, but I doubt they'll be seeing the show. That makes me feel bad. And no, it's not all about $$ with me. I have my mind, legs and arms and have other means of making money. Just showing you that line sitting is highly VALUABLE for those who literally can not."

------------------------

Not to worry...there are quite of few fake accounts created in the past week by line sitters trying to pass as patrons, so you're not the only one.
You'

"You're correct. I'm not the only linesitter on this message board. Some of the others are glaringly obvious about it. But you're incorrect about my trying to pass myself off as a patron. I have never done that. I have commented and sometimes ridiculed, but never engaged in deceit. I just revealed myself because line sitting in an of itself was getting a bad rap and I wanted to speak up for it in the first person. Now some line sitters on the other hand...

happydude
#1847Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/19/16 at 7:32am

broadwayfever said: "happydude said: "I will fess up  I AM  a linesitter. I make money on the side this way. It's not a get rich quick way of earning, but it does alleviate some bills, as I'm a caregiver. At present, I have customers who are distraught over this new edict. 4 women, the average age is 65, plus one mother who is 87!!!! They are not rich, but would love to see the show. They hired me and a friend, but now they must cancel. Not everyone who wants a linesitter is of means or is trying to get over. If they had real $$$ they'd pay StubHub or TicketMaster and not be dealing with all of this. Yes, some linesitters and companies have been obnoxious, but not everyone is. My senior citizen customers are here in town from California, but I doubt they'll be seeing the show. That makes me feel bad. And no, it's not all about $$ with me. I have my mind, legs and arms and have other means of making money. Just showing you that line sitting is highly VALUABLE for those who literally can not."

------------------------

Not to worry...there are quite of few fake accounts created in the past week by line sitters trying to pass as patrons, so you're not the only one.
You'

"You're correct. I'm not the only linesitter on this message board. Some of the others are glaringly obvious about it. But you're incorrect about my trying to pass myself off as a patron. I have never done that. I have commented and sometimes ridiculed, but never engaged in deceit. I just revealed myself because line sitting in an of itself was getting a bad rap and I wanted to speak up for it in the first person. Now some line sitters on the other hand...

Sunshine31
#1848Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/19/16 at 7:59am

Alright, alright. That’s what I’m talkin’ about!
So many success stories. Congrats everyone! :) 

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#1849Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/19/16 at 10:21am

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "This is a pic I took myself after the show and sat in the empty row J and told my husband to sit in row H and he didn't block my view, LOL!   I always seem to have a head in my way!  
If you notice, the floor slants upward towards row J and row J is the first row on an elevated step.  This row is AMAZEBALLS LOL!  and have only seen it a handful of times for resale on StubHub.  Prior to the Tony noms, I saw a seat in row J center drop to $450 30 min before curtain.  But since the nominations, tickets don't drop as drastically for OBC nights.  

So a Premium Seat in row J is DEF worth the mula!

Everyone brace yourselves for when they win their Tony's.  Hamilton Cancellation Line

"

Hi guys! I know I'm late to the game, but I do know that row J is definitely the one in front of where the arrow points. I sat on the house left side in December, 1 pair off the aisle - because the aisle seats were occupied by the President of Israel and his wife! They put him in row J because the Secret Service was able to get him quickly and easily to/from his seat - the walkway just dead-ends to those seats - and they were able to stand ALL over the place in the walkway, up the stairs on the far side of the orchestra, in the walkway from the lobby to house left, and sit in the aisle seats behind us (plus backstage, in the alley outside the theater, etc.). And I was told by cast that those were the Obama seats too, for the same reason. Kevin Nealon sat directly behind me!