Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act - Page 5

Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#101Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 3/31/15 at 10:06pm

Did anyone else just see on the front page of Huffington Post that the CEO of WALMART asked the governor of Arkansas to veto their version of the law?

Walmart?

Walmart!

FindingNamo
#102Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 3/31/15 at 10:58pm

I prefer Professor Cag, with a soft g.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

javero Profile Photo
javero
#103Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 7:31am

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 4/1/15 at 07:31 AM

FindingNamo
#104Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 9:45am

That's mah Miley!

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#105Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 1:52pm

The Gov of Arkansas is now saying he will not sign that state's version of the Religious Freedom bill.
At least not yet.

FindingNamo
#106Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 2:59pm

Hey.  Was the headbanned? 

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#107Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 3:19pm

God I hope so...that way I don't have to hit reply to see exactly what you bitches are talking about.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#108Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 3:22pm

When will people learn to keep their traps shut?!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/indiana-pizzeria-tells-local-news-station-they-won%e2%80%99t-serve-same-sex-marriages/ar-AAajvps?ocid=iehp

And the reviews from Yelp:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/memories-pizza-walkerton?osq=memories+pizza

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

FindingNamo
#109Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 3:31pm

Oh gosh.  The Yelp thing.

SonofRobbieJ
#110Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 3:40pm

Here's the thing.  I do not want anyone baking cakes for my wedding that doesn't wish me all the happiness in the world.  Like...don't wanna video my nuptuals cause you think 'Ewww, homos'??  Fine...you won't get my business...or the business of anyone I know.  And in the spirit of capitalism, I say let the market decide...as long as all businesses have to clearly state on website and before entrance to a storefront that they do not serve gay folks.  Don't hide your bullsh*t.  Put it out there for the world to see and let the market decide.

The most gratifying part of watching this all unfold is just how swift and massive the backlash has been.  I don't remember an uproar like this over Colorado's Amendment 2, but I was probably super stoned in college at the time.  

Liza's Headband
#111Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 3:54pm

Updated On: 4/1/15 at 03:54 PM

FindingNamo
#112Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 3:54pm

I'm thinking Big Gay Ice Cream might want to expand nationally.

SonofRobbieJ
#113Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 4:02pm

Oh f*ck you...now I want a Bea Arthur.

F*cking Big Gay.  

FindingNamo
#114Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 4:07pm

I had a delicious salty pimp once.  But in a cup rather than a cone because I thought it would be more lady-like.

FindingNamo
#116Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 5:35pm

No Ron Swanson, I love your nude Esquire cover but NOT HRC!!!!

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
#117Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 7:26pm

Did I hear someone call for a Hoosier?

Everyone I have talked to is livid with the governor and legislature. The Indy City-County Council passed a resolution yesterday condemning the legislation. It passed 24-4. Goes to show which Repubs there have state office aspirations.

Indy is one of the few municipalities in the state that provides civil rights protections for the LGBT community. (South Bend is another actually!) I've been pleasantly surprised to see how up in arms everyone is over this. Gives me hope we can get rid of our Republican supermajority in 2016, but we still have to overcome the gerrymandering that the Repubs passed in 2011.

Also saw today that HRC is now trying to steal Open for Service's thunder by making stickers for businesses to put up. P!ssed me off.

The Repubs are also getting to outlaw source of income protections which hurts veterans, victims of domestic violence, people with disabilities, and the poor the most. Heartless b*^%# in our statehouse here.

My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
Updated On: 4/1/15 at 07:26 PM

FindingNamo
#118Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 7:40pm

See this is the thing.  People talk about those of us who criticize the odious HRC as "eating our own" but LOOK AT THEM EATING UP A GRASSROOTS MOVEMENT IN INDIANA I HATE THEM I HATE THEM AND THEIR STUPID DINNERS AND THEIR DO-NOTHINGNESS AND I WISH THEY WOULD DIE.  Organizationally.

son_of_a_gunn_25
#119Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 8:32pm

And to add insult to injury, the sticker HRC came up with is butt ugly.

IndyPride, did offer an olive beach of sorts to the governor with the following letter.

http://www.indypride.org/TheHonorableMichaelPence.pdf

I like to imagine the IndyPride board reading it to the tune of The Letter from Sweeney Todd.

Since Pence said he "abhors discrimination of any kind", he should have no problem writing that letter. And he should also have no problem making LGBT individuals a protected class. Oh wait... I forgot. That's not a part of his agenda.

FindingNamo
#120Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 8:34pm

I wish they hadn't written "while we understand your position."  

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#121Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 9:05pm

Liza, once again, you try to derail a thread.... STFU already. 

I seriously hope that Hoosiers remember this world wide embarressment this passing of the law has caused their state next election season and they all get off their asses aand vote these A holes out!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

FindingNamo
#122Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 9:40pm

But it's the same old story with cool people in the cities and easily manipulated working poor in the rejiggered districts that get tricked into voting against their own best interests everywhere else.  

I read once that there's an Indianapolis neighborhood that has the highest per capita rate of homosexualist couples than anywhere in the nation.  Don't ask me for a source, I think it was one of those things where you have to keep clicking slides on HuffPost.

son_of_a_gunn_25
#123Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 9:56pm

I live in probably the gayest neighborhood in Indy, but it is still not dominated by gay couples. Talbott Street within our neighborhood might be the closest to fitting that bill.

You could be thinking of Bloomington, Indiana. It's always considered one of the top gay-friendly small cities when those lists come out. And of course it is home of the Kinsey Institute.

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#124Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Posted: 4/1/15 at 10:17pm

Wouldn't it be cool if this thread about Indiana's passing this act could be about, you know, Indiana's passing this act?