pixeltracker

Avengers : Age of Ultron- Page 2

Avengers : Age of Ultron

bethnor
#25Avengers : Age of Ultron
Posted: 5/4/15 at 1:37am

don't understand the love for the DOFP quicksilver at all.  he literally existed as a plot device to create one visual gag and was then summarily dismissed.

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#26Avengers : Age of Ultron
Posted: 5/6/15 at 4:48pm

He's as dead as you are, Ultron!

*fistshake*

FindingNamo
#27Avengers : Age of Ultron
Posted: 5/6/15 at 11:37pm

Avengers : Age of Ultron

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Islander_fan
#28Avengers : Age of Ultron
Posted: 5/6/15 at 11:56pm

So, some of my friends want to see this one on Friday. Now, I never saw the first one. However, I was wondering if I need to in order to follow this one or are they okay as standalone films? 

FindingNamo
#29Avengers : Age of Ultron
Posted: 5/6/15 at 11:57pm

The first one wasn't followable.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#30Avengers : Age of Ultron
Posted: 5/7/15 at 12:26am

Love people who feel superior because they love sh*t.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

FindingNamo
#31Avengers : Age of Ultron
Posted: 5/7/15 at 12:48am

You seem brainy.

Islander_fan
#32Avengers : Age of Ultron
Posted: 5/7/15 at 11:15am

OK, so any other opinions from someone who's usuername isn't one that contains part of the title of the film in question? Not to mention, someone who joined two days ago and has only been posting in this thread about this movie? I mean, if there's someone who fits that criteria that would be awesome, but, if there isn't, no biggie. I'm pretty easy going. 

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#33Avengers : Age of Ultron
Posted: 5/7/15 at 11:41am

They joined a long time ago, islander, just with a different name. Dont mind the troll. It's kinda cute.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#34Avengers : Age of Ultron
Posted: 5/7/15 at 11:57am

No, but that's where your dad turns tricks. 

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#35Avengers : Age of Ultron
Posted: 5/7/15 at 12:00pm

In your "prison mind"!

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#36Avengers : Age of Ultron
Posted: 5/7/15 at 12:36pm

He gave it to me free!  He's a very bad hooker! 

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#37Avengers : Age of Ultron
Posted: 5/7/15 at 1:10pm

Ultron, that's your stench you're smelling honey.

....but the world goes 'round

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#38Avengers : Age of Ultron
Posted: 5/7/15 at 2:31pm

""Ultron, that's your stench you're smelling honey."
 If you think honey smells like fish...no wonder you're liberal."

...?

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#39Avengers : Age of Ultron
Posted: 5/7/15 at 2:34pm

It's trying to be witty.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

ArtMan
#40Avengers : Age of Ultron
Posted: 5/7/15 at 8:56pm

I caught this in Lima, Peru yesterday.  I was killing time for a late flight and was kind of Inca ruined out.  They showed it in Spanish and in English with Spanish subtitles.  I chose the latter.  It was entertaining enough to kill 2 and a half hours.  But I thought in some parts, it really dragged.   I really enjoyed Elizabeth Olsen and Scarlett.  Luke always seemed like he was in heavy makeup during his closeups.  BTW, my ticket price was ($2.75 in dollars).  That made it the most worth it.

Updated On: 5/7/15 at 08:56 PM

topiflo
#40Avengers : Age of Ultron
Posted: 5/10/15 at 6:15pm

"What I do still find valid is the whitewashing of Wanda and Pietro argument. They're clearly playing with the Eastern European/displaced and marginalized persons perspective that is so perfectly encapsulated in their Romani/Jewish heritage. Why not take the time to cast actors who fit that type? It's not like Elizabeth Olsen or Aaron-Taylor Johnson are such huge stars that they added to the marquee value. More diversity wouldn't have hurt the film in the least bit."

You're doing it again, broadway world, just like you did (admittedly far more outrageously) with Jeremy Jordan.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson is definitely of Jewish heritage. If you don't know the ethnicity of the actors you're discussing, then don't discuss their ethnicity. That seems like a fair standard to me.

P.S., isn't it worse to "whitewash" the ethnicity of a real person (as trentsketch has done) than to "whitewash" the ethnicity of fictional characters (whose ethnic background was not even disclosed until about 20 years after their introduction).

Actors of fully Jewish background: Logan Lerman, Natalie Portman, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Mila Kunis, Bar Refaeli, James Wolk, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Julian Morris, Adam Brody, Esti Ginzburg, Kat Dennings, Gabriel Macht, Erin Heatherton, Odeya Rush, Anton Yelchin, Paul Rudd, Scott Mechlowicz, Lisa Kudrow, Lizzy Caplan, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Gal Gadot, Debra Messing, Robert Kazinsky, Melanie Laurent, Shiri Appleby, Justin Bartha, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Margarita Levieva, Elizabeth Berkley, Halston Sage, Seth Gabel, Corey Stoll, Mia Kirshner, Alden Ehrenreich, Eric Balfour, Jason Isaacs, Jon Bernthal, William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy.

Andrew Garfield and Aaron Taylor-Johnson are Jewish, too (though I don’t know if both of their parents are).

Actors with Jewish mothers and non-Jewish fathers: Jake Gyllenhaal, Dave Franco, James Franco, Scarlett Johansson, Daniel Day-Lewis, Daniel Radcliffe, Alison Brie, Eva Green, Joaquin Phoenix, River Phoenix, Emmy Rossum, Rashida Jones, Jennifer Connelly, Sofia Black D’Elia, Nora Arnezeder, Goldie Hawn, Ginnifer Goodwin, Amanda Peet, Eric Dane, Jeremy Jordan, Joel Kinnaman, Ben Barnes, Patricia Arquette, Kyra Sedgwick, Dave Annable, Ryan Potter.

Actors with Jewish fathers and non-Jewish mothers, who themselves were either raised as Jews and/or identify as Jews: Ezra Miller, Gwyneth Paltrow, Alexa Davalos, Nat Wolff, Nicola Peltz, James Maslow, Josh Bowman, Winona Ryder, Michael Douglas, Ben Foster, Jamie Lee Curtis, Nikki Reed, Zac Efron, Jonathan Keltz, Paul Newman.

Oh, and Ansel Elgort’s father is Jewish, though I don’t know how Ansel was raised. Robert Downey, Jr. and Sean Penn were also born to Jewish fathers and non-Jewish mothers. Armie Hammer and Chris Pine are part Jewish.

Actors with one Jewish-born parent and one parent who converted to Judaism: Dianna Agron, Sara Paxton (whose father converted, not her mother), Alicia Silverstone, Jamie-Lynn Sigler.

bethnor
#41Avengers : Age of Ultron
Posted: 5/11/15 at 1:43am

^^^^

in fairness, i think the complainers wanted someone of romani descent.

though in double fairness, their supposed father in both instances has been played by an englishman and a german-irishman, respectively.

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#42Avengers : Age of Ultron
Posted: 5/11/15 at 4:57pm

Yes, there the fact that there's neither actor is of Romani descent, only one was Jewish, and both characters had both their Jewish and Romani heritage removed in the story, with BS excuses by the creators that they couldn't use their comics parentage, which completely ignored the fact that they could have had different parents with the same ethnic background.  Wanda in specific has historically been illustrated as taking after her mother's Romani features.

And also these traditionally half-Jewish characters volunteered in the movie for medical experimentation by a Nazi-founded organization.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#43Avengers : Age of Ultron
Posted: 5/24/15 at 11:38am

Finally saw this. On the whole I liked it but have a lot of the same complaints. TOO long, could have been cut by 10-15 mins. The extent of the fight scenes w  Ultron and sheez was the criteria of the locations ,a lot of glass? Really? Windows, walkways, elevators  oy.   And  Bettany's character disappeared too frequently in that fight .While it was nice to see Hawkeye in a personal environment a little of that goes a long way too.

Yeah Pietro really was cannon fodder in this I really would have appreciated SOME development of his relationship w Wanda so I could care a bit more. ( also missed Wanda's headgear at the end but I'm a comic geekAvengers : Age of Ultron)  They have moved very far away from the comics so I wait to see what will happen btween her and Paul Bettany's character.

Liked the humour and the camaraderie they showed between the Avengers.

I haven't commented on Natasha & Banner cos I'm still not sure WTF was going on. ( is the Hulk getting a stand alone film? 

Anyway's b b- for me.