pixeltracker

THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!- Page 3

THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!

Mattbrain
#50THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 7/8/15 at 10:14am

Yes, g.d., we're all fully aware of your raging hard-on for the German version.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#51THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 7/8/15 at 10:39am

g.d. Is completely right, though. And I'm not someone who was ever particularly obsessed with that album or videos of the production. It's just that the Lapine libretto and that pass at a theatrical score was COMPETENT. This version was decidedly not.

pnewelljr
#52THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 7/8/15 at 10:44am

Out of curiosity, and as someone who is obsessed with the score, why? While I watch the movie for the score alone, I always though disney-fying the story never originally worked in the movie itself. The story is dark, tragic, thought provoking, and beautiful. Turning it into a romantic comedy never did the score or story justice.

Of course as I already wrote, I missed out on the PMP production, but what about it was so awful?

Scarywarhol
#53THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 7/8/15 at 10:49am

I'll try to drudge up what I wrote when I saw it, because I really don't care to remember. The bottom line is, the Lapine version tried to achieve a balance. It was intelligent and sincere, and (IMO) it even made those ghastly gargoyles work in a darker version. They still provided a little humor, but it was always clear that they were personified fragments of Quasimodo's mind. This version, driven by a """"clever"""" concept worthy of a freshman undergrad's first turn in the black box, was both extremely serious and extremely dim-witted. A lethal combination.

Updated On: 7/8/15 at 10:49 AM

Scarywarhol
#54THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 7/8/15 at 10:50am

BUT the music sounded glorious and I sure am glad there will be an album. It will work better that way. Patrick Page was great.

Mattbrain
#55THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 7/8/15 at 11:03am

Too bad your opinion doesn't mean **** to me.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Scarywarhol
#56THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 7/8/15 at 11:05am

Okay? I'm always under the assumption that we are all posting our own opinions.

pnewelljr
#57THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 7/8/15 at 11:26am

Do PMP performances ever make it to the NYPL archives? Wondering if I will ever get a chance to view it there.

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#58THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 9/15/15 at 10:51am

How do we know it's November 20th?  Was on Sh-k-boom's site and didn't see a date listed.  Cannot wait for this one!

Mattbrain
#59THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 9/15/15 at 12:07pm

Well....all the other press releases say November 20th.

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#60THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 9/15/15 at 7:54pm

@ScaryWarhol:

Perhaps a fan's reconstruction of the German libretto would help us plead its case?

(Spoiler alert: I made it. Not that Mattbrain gives a **** about my opinion. :P)

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

Mattbrain
#61THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 9/22/15 at 8:56pm

Calling me out for something I wrote two months ago....real classy.

Updated On: 9/22/15 at 08:56 PM

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#62THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 9/22/15 at 10:02pm

I presume it's my fault that I only read it when the thread was bumped? Get over yourself.

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

Mattbrain
#63THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 9/22/15 at 11:38pm

"Get over yourself."

Right back atcha.

qafgenius122
#64THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 9/23/15 at 12:08am

Heard from a friend they are going into the studio Saturday to re-record it... Apparently there was a major setback with the original recording. Don't quote me on any of this, it's hearsay, but they were in the show, so....

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#65THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 9/23/15 at 9:12am

Maybe that's why the date isn't on the site.  Really hope it's not postponed.

Mattbrain
#66THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 9/23/15 at 5:08pm

I mean if it *was* delayed, would it be for very long? I would think we'd have to wait a few months at the most.

And honestly, Hunchback isn't the only album with no specific release date listed on Sh-k Boom's website. There are three other albums still up for pre-order with no release date.

Updated On: 9/23/15 at 05:08 PM

ythc2013
#67THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 9/23/15 at 6:16pm

I could not confirm or deny that they are recording the cast album next week if someone asked me and that SHKBOOM potentially might release the recording sooner than the already mentioned date. I just couldn't.

PopAria Profile Photo
PopAria
#68THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 9/23/15 at 7:53pm

ythc2013 said: "I could not confirm or deny that they are recording the cast album next week if someone asked me and that SHKBOOM potentially might release the recording sooner than the already mentioned date. I just couldn't."

Fun news.  

I hope they get someone to redo the stage version quick and bring it to Bway. 

Mr. Musical Profile Photo
Mr. Musical
#69THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 10/1/15 at 4:58pm

According to Playbill, the recording's release was pushed back to Jan 2016, but iTunes pre-orders will start Dec. 4th.

Link

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#70THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 10/1/15 at 7:04pm

Nooooooooo THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!

Mattbrain
#71THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 10/1/15 at 9:12pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Nooooooooo THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!

"

Yeah, there was a point where I thought this wouldn't happen, period. I can handle waiting two more months.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#72THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 10/1/15 at 10:14pm

They should really try and start shipping before Christmas though.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#73THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 10/31/15 at 9:54am

THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!

I don't know if the album cover will use this art but I really like it.

....but the world goes 'round

Scarywarhol
#74THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Will Record a Cast Album!
Posted: 10/31/15 at 10:22am

I have a feeling this will play better for me divorced from the staging. Looking forward to it.