pixeltracker

Joey Graceffa Comes Out!- Page 2

Joey Graceffa Comes Out!

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#25Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 1:52am

"Apparently these YouTube stars are for the next generation what Nickelodeon and MTV stars were to the previous generation and reality-show stars are for the current generation. "

Yup, there are kids on YouTube, Vine, Instagram who are earning hundreds of thousands - even millions in a few cases - from producing short videos/images.  It's kinda nuts and I don't totally get it either, but I guess there's something to be said for immediacy and relatability.  I have to say, that one kid who does all of those Vine video-editing illusions is ridiculously talented and not just making over produced confessionals or reviewing the latest smartphone.  

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#26Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 2:58am

or reviewing the latest smartphone.  

Now that's not fair. How is it any different than someone being paid to review smartphones for a tech magazine or website and writing it all up? They have an audience and they're entertaining it. Sure a lot of them are just pretentious asses, but there's definitely actual talent out there in the Youtube landscape that I feel dismissing because of the platform is unfair. You don't need executives to tell you that you're good anymore and put you out there. You can do it yourself and cut that bull**** out.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#27Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 9:44am

I knew who this kid is, but never thought he was in the closet, so much as he just didn't talk about his sexuality. I don't follow his channel, so I'm not sure. I believe he started just playing video games and broadcasting it. There are ALOT of those kinds of  channels. Another big money maker is channels that simply open and play with kid's toys. Crazy!

He was annoying on the first Amazing Race he ran. His partner was another youtube star.

Joey started his channel while he was in high school, and coming out isnt the same for everyone. Branding on youtube is essential to keep and get new subscribers/followers. Cross promotion is a big thing too, like Willam's Beatdown, where I first saw Mamrie Hart and thought she was hilarious. That was the consensus on the Beatdown thread we had going here. And she is. I follow her channels and a few others. The big thing now is "collabs" where they do guest spots on each other's channels, gaining more followers.

I have to admire these kids who have figured out how to make serious money doing something they really like.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#28Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 10:12am

I don't think it's fair to discredit all YouTube personalities. I think Miranda Sings is hilarious, and CGP Grey makes fascinating videos. Bo Burnham is also weirdly brilliant, though I don't think he is particularly funny. It's all about what people want to watch.

Someone once told me I look like Tyler Oakley, which I still think is the worst insult I've ever gotten. 

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#29Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 10:53am

I tried to watch Miranda Sings and I could never last more than about a minute.  I was just annoyed.  I felt like I was watching a kid from high school doing schtick for her drama club friends.  Just not my thing.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#30Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 11:48am

Apparently, she (and the gayboy youtubers) are adored by the 12- to 16-year-old girls.

Wilmingtom
#31Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 8:04pm

I'm looking forward to the day when someone will come out as straight.  But I guess that won't happen until people stop assuming that everyone in the world is straight unless they say otherwise.

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#32Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 8:21pm

"I tried to watch Miranda Sings and I could never last more than about a minute.  I was just annoyed.  I felt like I was watching a kid from high school doing schtick for her drama club friends.  Just not my thing."

Miranda Sings is to great comedy as Pierce Brosnan is to great singing.

Reading the comments ripping her apart when Seinfeld for some reason had her do a "Comedians in Cars" episode was about as close to entertaining as anything involving her will ever be.

Updated On: 5/20/15 at 08:21 PM

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#33Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 8:31pm

Actually it's not worth it.

Updated On: 5/20/15 at 08:31 PM

FishermanBob
#34Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 8:36pm

Fantod's comment that he quickly deleted was "So because you don't like her, she is objectively unfunny? And what about the millions of people who like her? Are they just wrong?"

No, just lobotomized.

And why are you picking on me?  I wasn't the only one or even the first one who didn't like her. You're just a big bully.

Seriously kid.  You don't want my undivided attention.

Updated On: 5/20/15 at 08:36 PM

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#35Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 8:57pm

that's why I said it wasn't worth it; and wow rude

FishermanBob
#36Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 9:00pm

Well your singling me out and picking on me was the worst, most traumatic, most horrific thing I've ever experienced in my life. I will likely be in therapy for years.

FindingNamo
#37Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 9:02pm

I like Miranda Sings okay and completely get why the young ladies think she is "da bomb" as they say nowadays, but SHE TOTALLY STOLE THE LIPSTICK FROM DINA MARTINA.

Joey Graceffa Comes Out!

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#38Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 9:05pm

you've got one hell of a mean streak, bob, I'll tell ya that.

FishermanBob
#39Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 9:16pm

Are you going to pay for my therapy Tyler, uh I mean Fantod.  Sorry, you look so much like Tyler Oakley, I get confused sometimes.

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#40Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 9:20pm

just **** off

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#41Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 9:48pm

I'm looking forward to the day when someone will come out as straight.  But I guess that won't happen until people stop assuming that everyone in the world is straight unless they say otherwise.

This is an incredibly stupid statement. When the levels of homosexuality actually raises up beyond 10ish% then maybe you'll get to that point, but that's not happening...

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#42Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 10:16pm

Well, this thread turned mean all of a sudden!

Here's what the REAL Tyler Oakley would say:

Joey Graceffa Comes Out!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#43Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 10:26pm

My guess is that Miranda knows (and admires) Dina Martina.

Obviously, Miranda is un-talented. That is the schtick. But Colleen Ballinger is a skilled and savvy performer who transforms herself into the geek girl named Miranda in full view of the adolescent audience, while singing "Defying Gravity."

The transformation and lipstick moment happen from 1:45 to 2:45. (You needn't watch the rest of the video.)

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#44Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 10:46pm

Coming out as straight? David Bowie, mid-1970s.

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#45Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 10:58pm

Complain to FishermanBob about this thread turning mean. I'm just sick of his bull****.

FishermanBob
#46Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 11:02pm

"Complain to FishermanBob about this thread turning mean. I'm just sick of his bull****."

I didn't say a word to you.  You singled me out and attacked me just because I had a different view of Miranda Sings that you did. Did you think I wouldn't respond to your unprovoked attack?

You're a nasty piece of work.

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#47Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 11:10pm

attack 

verb at·tack ?-?tak

: to act violently against (someone or something) : to try to hurt, injure, or destroy (something or someone)

: to criticize (someone or something) in a very harsh and severe way

: to begin to work on or deal with (something, such as a problem) in a determined and eager way

FishermanBob
#48Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 11:14pm

"to criticize (someone or something) in a very harsh and severe way"

"wow rude"

"you've got one hell of a mean streak"

"just **** off"

Exactly.

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#49Joey Graceffa Comes Out!
Posted: 5/20/15 at 11:59pm

you said that anybody who likes Miranda was lobotomized. How is that not rude? 

And I told you to **** off because I am so ****ing tired of you. You are exhausting. That's not an attack, that's my truth. Just stop. Seriously.

Videos