pixeltracker

Colin Firth in My Fair Lady- Page 4

Colin Firth in My Fair Lady

AHLiebross Profile Photo
AHLiebross
#75Colin Firth in My Fair Lady
Posted: 5/30/15 at 1:56am

I think Colin Firth will be fantastic as Henry Higgins. Even though Colin Firth is over 50, I think he can play younger. I picture Higgins as, at most, in his early forties, and he doesn't really look older than that. I'm very glad to see a return to a sexy Higgins.

As for Eliza Doolittle, what about Samantha Hill or Mary Michael Patterson? They both have the singing voice and the acting chops, and they're the right age. I've seen both of them as Christine Daae in POTO, and they both blew me away.

Audrey, the Phantom Phanatic, who nonetheless would rather be Jean Valjean, who knew how to make lemonade out of lemons.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#76Colin Firth in My Fair Lady
Posted: 5/30/15 at 6:33am

Colin Firth in My Fair Lady

I would love to see Taylor Louderman play Eliza.

Listen to her sing "Only Pretend" from Peter Pan:

http://youtu.be/Um3wmEj0UZo

Will42 Profile Photo
Will42
#77Colin Firth in My Fair Lady
Posted: 5/30/15 at 8:14am

""Dame Angela Lansbury should play Henry's mother!"
I think it's a step down for her.  Mrs. Higgins has something like three scenes and no songs.  Angela is still pulling down leading roles (Driving Miss Daisy, Blithe Spirit)."

I agree. The part is not significant enough for her. Plus I'm still hoping Dame Angela Lansbury will star in The Chalk Garden revival this fall. 

However, if the bring it to the big screen it would be an ideal role for her to play.

pinoyidol2006 Profile Photo
pinoyidol2006
#78Colin Firth in My Fair Lady
Posted: 5/30/15 at 10:43am

Anna Kendrick will probably be Eliza. She's probably gonna belt that last note of "I Could Have Danced All Night", too.

I like your imperturbable perspicacity.

skies Profile Photo
skies
#79Colin Firth in My Fair Lady
Posted: 5/30/15 at 4:34pm

God no.

"when I’m on stage I see the abyss and have to overcome it by telling myself it’s only a play." - Helen Mirren

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#80Colin Firth in My Fair Lady
Posted: 5/30/15 at 4:36pm

I doubt Kendrick has interest in doing another musical right now. I also doubt she would get cast in MFL.

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

AngusN
#81Colin Firth in My Fair Lady
Posted: 5/30/15 at 4:45pm

Nooooo, not Anna K. My vote goes to Laura Osnes. Personally I find Laura Benanti rather dull and not enigmatic enough to portray the 'cockney' aspect of Eliza's character. 

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#82Colin Firth in My Fair Lady
Posted: 5/30/15 at 7:45pm

I think Lauren Worsham would be a great Eliza. Her voice is stunning, and she's also a highly capable comedian. 

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#83Colin Firth in My Fair Lady
Posted: 5/30/15 at 7:55pm

I want to see and hear Laura Osnes.

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#84Colin Firth in My Fair Lady
Posted: 5/31/15 at 7:02pm

I never heard before about Deanna Durbin being offered the role! Interesting. I wonder how she would have done.

skies Profile Photo
skies
#85Colin Firth in My Fair Lady
Posted: 6/1/15 at 2:37pm

"I never heard before about Deanna Durbin being offered the role! Interesting. I wonder how she would have done."

The cockney accent alone would have been something... 

"when I’m on stage I see the abyss and have to overcome it by telling myself it’s only a play." - Helen Mirren

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#86Colin Firth in My Fair Lady
Posted: 6/1/15 at 2:43pm

I really like the Lauren Worsham idea!

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Gothampc
#87Colin Firth in My Fair Lady
Posted: 6/1/15 at 2:49pm

"As a broadway investor, I am curious if anyone has any thoughts on whether this show would be in a good position to recoup."

I don't believe it will recoup.  It's a wonderful show, but it needs to spend a lot of money to make it a lush production with a full orchestra.  It shouldn't come to Broadway looking like a bus and truck tour.  And I doubt they'll spend the money to make it a beautiful production.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

MackTheKnife2 Profile Photo
MackTheKnife2
#88Colin Firth in My Fair Lady
Posted: 6/3/15 at 1:07am

How about A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder's Lisa O'Hare for Eliza Doolittle?

Princeton Returns Profile Photo
Princeton Returns
#89Colin Firth in My Fair Lady
Posted: 6/3/15 at 6:00am

Lisa O'Hare has played the role previously in the UK, and I think on the US tour.

lizzyzigs
#90Colin Firth in My Fair Lady
Posted: 8/2/15 at 11:22pm

Updated On: 8/6/15 at 11:22 PM

lizzyzigs
#91Colin Firth in My Fair Lady
Posted: 8/2/15 at 11:27pm

"^^^Missing Laura Michelle Kelly in the Theatrical Casting."

I saw a production of My Fair Lady at The Muny this summer, a venue where Laura Michelle Kelly has performed recently in king and as well as South Pacific--

I had thought she would have been PERFECT for the role bc she has such a wonderful mixed belt--and she is a true soprano so her "wouldn't it be lovely" and "I could have Danced all night wouldn't sound like they came from two different actresses. 

Also Laura's voice sounds young enough to fit the part I think she would be PERFECT. 

As much as I'm a fan of Sam Barks she's all belt...no legit soprano. I don't see this role for her. 

Updated On: 8/6/15 at 11:27 PM

lizzyzigs
#92Colin Firth in My Fair Lady
Posted: 8/6/15 at 10:52pm

See this clip of Laura Michelle Kelly doing

"Shall we Dance" from a production of The King and I recently and I think she would give a much younger Kelli Ohara type performance. Her voice would be perfect! 

https://youtu.be/zp0gUMykOO4