Chenoweth as Host & Nominee

RingOfKeys2 Profile Photo
RingOfKeys2
#1Chenoweth as Host & Nominee
Posted: 5/28/15 at 1:00am

I'm curious as to what anyone thinks of Chenoweth serving as co-host and if that duty will, in any way shape or form, have an impact on whether she wins or OTTC wins other awards? I know it shouldn't matter, but given that the Tony's are plenty political, I think the mere fact of her co-hosting could mean that OTTC won't walk away empty handed and it could even have a direct impact on her winning the Tony for Best Leading Actress. Is this the case? Or does her hosting have no correlation to the chance of her winning a Tony? 

Ready, go. 

RingOfKeys2 Profile Photo
RingOfKeys2
#2Chenoweth as Host & Nominee
Posted: 5/28/15 at 1:01am

Also, which nominees hosted in the past and won or not won?

Updated On: 5/28/15 at 01:01 AM

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#2Chenoweth as Host & Nominee
Posted: 5/28/15 at 1:02am

Hugh Jackman hosted the year he was nominated - and won - for THE BOY FROM OZ.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#3Chenoweth as Host & Nominee
Posted: 5/28/15 at 1:10am

Nathan Lane in 1996 for Forum and 2001 for the Producers. He won both times...

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#4Chenoweth as Host & Nominee
Posted: 5/28/15 at 8:38am

Sean Hayes hosted when he was nominated for Promises, Promises. He lost to Douglas Hodge for La Cage aux Folles.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5Chenoweth as Host & Nominee
Posted: 5/28/15 at 9:30am

It will have no effect.  If she wins, its because the voters wanted her to -- not because of her hosting.  (Not saying that your statement about the politics of it all is incorrect, however.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#6Chenoweth as Host & Nominee
Posted: 5/28/15 at 9:45am

Nathan Lane pulled this off not once, but twice- in 1996 and 2001.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#7Chenoweth as Host & Nominee
Posted: 5/28/15 at 11:25pm

She deserves to win. She is fantastic in On The 20th Century. Want to see something cute? I loved everyone in the category but I think Chenoweth has a very good chance of winning. Kelli O'Hara will be the one to beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZa8xEwZn7I

Updated On: 5/28/15 at 11:25 PM

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#8Chenoweth as Host & Nominee
Posted: 5/29/15 at 1:20am

My money is still on Chita pulling a surprise. 

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#9Chenoweth as Host & Nominee
Posted: 5/29/15 at 1:22am

Team Kelli!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#10Chenoweth as Host & Nominee
Posted: 5/29/15 at 1:33am

She was great in "The Apple Tree" and she received rave reviews for that show and then she didn't even get a Tony nomination. I really don't understand the Tony voters...her performance and the show were both forgettable. Cute, but forgettable.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#11Chenoweth as Host & Nominee
Posted: 5/29/15 at 6:42am

Lane (both times) and Jackman were going to win those years whether they hosted or not. Those were slam dunk performances, and I don't think you can glean anything about Chenoweth's chances from them. Would I be surprised if she won? No, not at all. Would I be surprised if she lost, given the competition? Also no.