pixeltracker

Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center- Page 2

Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#25Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/5/15 at 4:37pm

Just got my tickets! I've never been to an Encores performance and what better actress to introduce me to it!

VintageSnarker
#26Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/5/15 at 5:20pm

Hmn... Andy Karl as Frank Butler? I'm interested to see how this turns out. I know he can act the part but I haven't heard enough of his range (didn't see Rocky) to know if he can sing it.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#27Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/5/15 at 5:31pm

What a cast! So many of my favorites. Incidentally, I love that adrenaline rush I have when I get a confirmation receipt after ordering tickets! It'll be one heckuva show...

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#28Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/5/15 at 6:20pm

YAAAASSSSSS

SO EXCITED to see that ANDY KARL landed this role ... He is such a talent OMG! I was worried after he landed SVU that I wouldn't get to see him again on the stage .... But My husband and I JUST BOOKED!!!

ANDY KARL HERE I COME!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

nasty_khakis
#29Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/5/15 at 6:26pm

I feel that Karl and Hilty will be a very VERY funny duo together. Glad I bought my ticket months ago.

Mr. Musical Profile Photo
Mr. Musical
#30Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/5/15 at 6:56pm

Now that there is a Weds performance, is there anyone who has a $30 seat for the Tuesday who would be willing to sell it and go Wednesday? I can only go Tuesday because of my job and by the time I tried to get a ticket, the $30 seats were sold out. 

smidge
#31Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/5/15 at 8:28pm

Thought I would miss this but I just received an email that my 10/28 Spring Awakening performance was cancelled. Got an Annie ticket immediately. Very excited

Jabere
#32Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/6/15 at 2:49pm

This will never go to broadway. Unfortunately 

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#33Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/7/15 at 5:15am

This is a fundraiser with no aspiration fro Broadway.

hushpuppy Profile Photo
hushpuppy
#34Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/7/15 at 10:09am

I wonder which version they'll do.

1946 with "Who Do You Love, I Hope', 'Col Buffalo Bill, 'I'm A Bad Bad Man', and 'I'm An Indian Too'

1966 with 'Old Fashioned Wedding', 'I'm An Indian Too', 'Col Buffalo Bill, 'I'm A Bad Bad Man', but not 'Who Do You Love I Hope'

1999 with 'Old Fashioned Wedding', 'Who Do You Love I Hope', but not 'I'm An Indian Too',  'Col Buffalo Bill,or 'I'm A Bad Bad Man'

And I honestly don't think I've ever heard 'I'll Share It All With You'

'Our whole family shouts. It comes from us livin' so close to the railroad tracks'
Updated On: 10/7/15 at 10:09 AM

3NU Profile Photo
3NU
#35Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/19/15 at 4:15pm

Just got this in my email inbox.  Perhaps it'll help some of you who haven't bought tickets yet.

Special offer for friends of City Center!
Save 20% on Mezz/Balcony tickets
for the Added Performance on October 28*

with Promo Code ANNIE

NYCityCenter.org, call CityTix at 212.581.1212,
or visit the New York City Center Box Office at 131 West 55th St.

Irving Berlin's

Annie Get Your Gun
In Concert

Music and Lyrics by Irving Berlin
Book by Herbert and Dorothy Fields

Also Starring
Chuck Cooper, Brad Oscar, Marshall Factora
Sam Chuck, Olivia Edward

with
Ron Raines

and
Judy Kaye

Featuring The Encores! Orchestra
Artistic Advisor Jack Viertel
Music Director Rob Berman
Directed by John Rando

Three years after her smash-hit performance in the Encores! production of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Megan Hilty returns to City Center for a concert of Irving Berlin’s classic 1946 musical Annie Get Your Gun. Loosely based on the life of legendary sharpshooter Annie Oakley, the show’s countless standards include “There’s No Business Like Show Business,” “I Got Lost in His Arms,” and “Anything You Can Do.”

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#36Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/19/15 at 7:26pm

Wow, thanks! Kept meaning to book this but now totally glad I waited. 

AntV
#37Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/21/15 at 10:56pm

Have past City Center galas been similar to their Encores productions or will this be a book-less costume-less concert?

VintageSnarker
#38Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/22/15 at 12:22am

"I wonder which version they'll do."

I'm hoping for a version with Old Fashioned Wedding.

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#39Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/22/15 at 1:08am

They usually do not do one book/musical for the Gala. This is something different. It is not considered part of the Encores series.

neonlightsxo
#40Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/22/15 at 9:39am

I just took a look at my confirmation and the Tuesday performance is at 6:30? Is that normal for the Gala? I tried to look at the website but I can't access it, it's just a queue for Sara Bareilles tickets.

gimlet2
#41Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/22/15 at 10:15am

According to the website, last year's program started at 7pm. It probably varies with the show, working backwards from the 9pm dinner party for the "real" gala people.

neonlightsxo
#42Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/22/15 at 10:18am

Makes sense. Thanks!

Sully2718
#43Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/23/15 at 9:37am

I have two great tickets to Annie Get Your Gun at City Center on Tuesday, October 27th @ 6:30 PM. Seats are Mezz - row H, seats 103 and 104
I'm asking $140 -  paid $168 for the tickets.
I really want to attend, but I'm unable to make it because I'm home recovering from back surgery. I have two hard copy tickets that need to be picked up from my apartment on the Upper East Side.

drewharrington3@gmail.com

Showface
#44Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/27/15 at 8:47pm

So who was there tonight?

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#45Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/27/15 at 9:31pm

Just getting home from tonight's performance and I'm head over heels in love with the whole thing. Hilty and Karl were glorious when apart and sizzling when together. Chemistry? Yeah, Chemistry! Old Fashioned Wedding and Anything You Can Do both were showstopping and They Say It's Wonderful had me swooning (and covered with goosebumps).

The score rivals Guys and Dolls for me, in that there is gem after gem after gem with never a false step. It's exhilarating to hear something of this caliber sung so well with a 30 piece orchestra.  I'm an Indian Too was cut, but we did get to hear it in the overture. I can understand cutting it from a full production, but it would have been fun to hear it in a concert setting like this.

Still, I'm walking on air after witnessing something so joyous. I know many around her love Hilty and Karl, but they both deserve to be much bigger stars and I hope evenings like this lead to them getting cast more frequently in leading roles.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#46Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/27/15 at 9:58pm

What a joyous evening this was. Even with the cuts & changes that were made to the book and score,  it was one of the more perfect evenings that Encores has presented in a while.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#47Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/27/15 at 10:01pm

I was also there and agree with Whizzer. I have only seen the movie of Annie Get Your Gun and this was so good.  I have liked Megan Hilty from other things she has done. But, I think this topped all of it. Even the Bombshell Benefit. 

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#48Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/27/15 at 10:17pm

Hilty was even better in this than Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, which is saying a lot. I'm so happy for her, and even though we already have like 20 Annie Get Your Gun recordings this one needs to be added to the shelf.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Showface
#49Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center
Posted: 10/27/15 at 10:20pm

Did anyone spot any cameras during the performance for websites like Broadwayworld or Playbill?

I read a tweet saying that out of all of the different Annie's, Megan's is "it".

I really want to see some footage and photo!  Hopefully by tomorrow! :)

Updated On: 10/27/15 at 10:20 PM