pixeltracker

Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?- Page 5

Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?

ChiTheaterFan
#100Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/16/15 at 9:57pm

Scarlet Leigh said: "If these rumors are true and Terrence Mann will step in for a few months before Tuck, yeah.... yeah instant ticket buying the moment that news becomes official here. He might not be a "name" for those outside the community, but they have Matthew for that and if they see that their sales have not really suffered without Grammer, I am sure they would not mind letting him bow out and not have to pay was I am sure is an outrageous amount to have him in the show. And Terrence is a name for us that might just pull in those on the fence over the show or (as others have mentioned) pull back those that have already seen it. Like me. While I have been semi interested in the show a bit, this makes my meager interest go through the roof.

"

Same!  I always think "maybe I should see Finding Neverland some evening when I'm in town for work" and then I get to NY and I'm like, meh.  But with Terrence Mann it would move way up my list.

trpguyy
#101Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/17/15 at 4:24am

You all realize that these "rumors" about Mann stepping in to the role was actually just KathyNYC2 mentioning that she hopes it happens, right?

bfreak
#102Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/17/15 at 6:09am

Yeah, lol. There's nothing to back any of this up yet.

all_that_jazz Profile Photo
all_that_jazz
#103Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/17/15 at 11:11am

bfreak said: "Yeah, lol. There's nothing to back any of this up yet.

We are just helping the powers that be figure out who to hire.  On another  note. I just saw this pic, looks like they took down kelseys flag over the theatre.

"Um okay how do I attach a pic.

bfreak
#104Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/17/15 at 11:56am

They had taken that flag down when he initially left. On what happens with the roles, we will see. He might be returning. No one knows except him and Harvey. ??

KathyNYC2
#105Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/17/15 at 1:19pm

trpguyy said: "You all realize that these "rumors" about Mann stepping in to the role was actually just KathyNYC2 mentioning that she hopes it happens, right?

No that's not right at all...as I said above. Do you read?  I saw an instagram post posted by Mann's daughter Shelby  - she insinuated that her father was going to be in Finding Neverland for 3-4 months. I was asking here if anyone had any confirmation.

I am sure I never mentioned whether or not I hoped this was true or not.. because personally I don't care one way or the other.

"

Updated On: 9/17/15 at 01:19 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#106Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/17/15 at 2:28pm

It wasn't really a post by her, though. Her profile is protected, so you can't see what photos she posts. Her profile isn't protected, though, and that's where the info is.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

KathyNYC2
#107Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/17/15 at 3:05pm

That's why I asked. I had no confirmation or inside info at all...nor any preference. Just passing along what I saw...

windbelle Profile Photo
windbelle
#108Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/17/15 at 4:48pm

Carolee Carmello just mentioned in her instagram post Mann was joining Neverland very soon. Looks like it'll come true.

Updated On: 9/17/15 at 04:48 PM

KathyNYC2
#109Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/17/15 at 5:15pm

If it is true, that will be three times they worked together...Addams Family, here and then in Tuck Everlasting.

But I don't see anything on her Instagram about Finding Neverland.... just about Tuck Everlasting.

Updated On: 9/17/15 at 05:15 PM

windbelle Profile Photo
windbelle
#110Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/17/15 at 5:36pm

Did you read her latest post about Tuck Everlasting? She said at the end "...AND #TerryMann who is joining @neverlandbway very soon!" 

ChiTheaterFan
KathyNYC2
#112Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/17/15 at 5:46pm

Ok..thanks. Didn't notice that the first time around..

lotiloti Profile Photo
lotiloti
#113Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/18/15 at 3:53am

Ticketmaster  are telling me, that the 7:30 performance of Neverland on Dec 9th is cancelled.Does anyone know why?

KathyNYC2
#114Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/18/15 at 2:51pm

I just saw Warlow in the show last night..he was fabulous. Glad I had the opportunity to see it again with him in it.

Still packed audience for a Thursday night...

Sunny11
#115Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/18/15 at 3:18pm

Playbill confirms Kelsey not returning.  Terrence Mann is next as Hook.

http://playbill.com/news/article/three-time-tony-nominee-is-finding-neverlands-new-hook-kelsey-grammer-will-not-return-363153

Very strange. Kelsey seemed so happy with the show until his hiatus ???

bfreak
#116Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/18/15 at 3:40pm

I have not a clue what happened. Circa April-May, in all interviews Kelsey kept talking about how much he loved the show and connected to it and how he thought it would "fill seats for thirty years" and all other stuff. I even remember him tearing up in a few interviews just talking about some of the subject matter in the show. Then all of a sudden in June we hear he's taking a hiatus and the rest is now history. I had been very concerned this past June that this would happen now, and now this is confirmed. I had been waiting and waiting for him to come back. ...

bfreak
#117Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/18/15 at 3:43pm

I know many of you will see this as an upgrade because Terrence Mann is "theatre royalty" to you and all that other stuff and I understand that. But to me, being a young adult and essentially growing up on watching Frasier and all of his other works I really looked forward to seeing Kelsey live. I thought his performance in Neverland looked funny and heartwarming based off of clips from the show and on the soundtrack. I still plan on seeing the show, but I will be still somewhat disappointed (no matter how good the actor is) of seeing someone else in that scalpel and pirate costume. I know I sound silly and crazy and over-obsessive, but that's just how I feel on the situation. When you look forward to seeing an actor you like in something, and you have an image of what it will be like to see that show with that one actor in it, it becomes disappointing when you don't end up getting the chance to see that actor.

bfreak
#118Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/18/15 at 3:47pm

I do not necessarily blame Kelsey Grammer for wanting to move on to other projects and to spend time with his young children, but I do express sincere disappointment in the press team and marketing team for this show. They never revealed when Kelsey's final performance before his "break" in June would be and instead just pulled a switch-and-bait. I wanted to see it with him in June/early July before he left thinking this situation may arise in September of this year, but he simply left with no announcement or statement as to when that would be. And now he is not even returning. Bad marketing team. But I wish Terrence Mann and Kelsey Grammer both all the best, and will see the show within the next few weeks/months.

lala3
#119Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/18/15 at 3:59pm

I'm guessing the marketing team had no idea that Kelsey wasn't going to return. Which is why they didn't list his final performance. I'm guessing for whatever reason Kelsey decided to leave either before his contract was up, or he had a clause in it that allowed him to leave early.

I think it's perhaps a bit premature and unfair to blame them if they didn't know. It seems that it was even unclear when exactly he was going to leave. Whether that had to do with Kelsey and his schedule or getting Warlow up to speed is hard to say.

Obviously Kelsey changed his mind about continuing in this show. Could be personal or could be that he didn't want to continue in the show without the Tony/review accolades. Perhaps he had other opportunities and he felt that FN gave him all it could.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#120Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/18/15 at 4:19pm

I smell a marketing ploy. Or maybe a case of twisted stunt casting? The producers know this show will do well in tourist peak seasons as it has done so all summer, and they realize they will need the theater-goers in the slower seasons to keep them afloat and to keep word spreading so by casting (as what some in this thread have called) "theatre-royalty" maybe this will bring some audiences in who have been steering clear of the show until now. Just a hunch, though. 

Updated On: 9/18/15 at 04:19 PM

Sunny11
#121Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/18/15 at 4:29pm

But Grammer is a Tony nominee himself  and La Cage won the best revival Tony not that long ago so I would think that he was respected by theather goers.  

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#122Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/18/15 at 4:52pm

Wouldn't surprise me in the least to hear word that Kelsey is returning to the show roundabout the holiday season.

bfreak
#123Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/18/15 at 4:57pm

Wait a minute. The New York Times JUST said that the production said he is still "expected to return at a later date" but no further information has been revealed. My new plan is I will see the show now inexpensively (rush maybe) and then if he comes back I will see it again. Could someone post a link? I am having trouble.

ChiTheaterFan
#124Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/18/15 at 5:08pm

Terrance Mann is in Tuck Everlasting beginning in March so there's no way his contract can be more than a few months. It's entirely possible he Grammar could come back at that time. It's also possible he won't, but Mann definitely isnt someone that will be in the role long term. Either way I'm really hoping to be able to see this with him.