pixeltracker

WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?- Page 2

WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?

ivandixon2
#25WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 3:26pm

A Christmas Carol (non-musical) with four very strong leads.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#26WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 3:29pm

Oooo who?? Tell me pleaseee

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

ivandixon2
#27WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 3:37pm

If I could do that, I would have included the names. I can say that the charactor roles for the name talent are Scrooge, Christmas Past, Christmas Present and Bob Cratchit.

Phillypinto
#28WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 3:41pm

Stage actors or celebs? Can u just name one of them? Pleaseee :)

Phillypinto
#29WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 3:52pm

"You seriously have nothing better to do at 3:30am, Pintobean?"

Lol it's summer I go to bed at 4 and wake up at 12 :)))))

plus there was no one to talk to online anymore :))

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#30WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 3:58pm

Go away, Pinto. Go be butthurt about OTT somewhere else. 

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#31WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 4:18pm

I never understood all the personal nastiness between posters here. After more than a decade posting, I feel it. PhillyPinto, you make this board a substantially worse place. You bring every conversation down into dregs of prodigious stupidity to the point where blocking you would only make half the threads incoherent. Please begin to consider what you are saying before you post.

Phillypinto
#32WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 4:25pm

Whaaaaat??? How have I ruined this thread? Without me this thread wouldn't even exist. We were having a genuine conversation about theatre until YOU came along and ruined it. People answered me seriously.  You come out of no where to complain about me so clearly you are just jelousssss. 

Scarywarhol
#33WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 4:49pm

No, this was just an obnoxious and pointless thread screaming on the main page in all caps. It was impossible to ruin. 

Updated On: 7/3/15 at 04:49 PM

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#34WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 4:53pm

"The producers want to stay open for close to a year to help with future tour bookings. It will play thru September and then close."

Lovely. But it still makes no economic (or, for that matter, strategic) sense whatsoever. Losing an million or two dollars before Labor Day is not likely to engender interest. 

I'm also curious what this show is going to look like on the road: is it going to be the same money pit it is on Broadway, or is it going to be a stripped down version?

"At least honeymoon had things ahead of them. On the town has nothingggg left"

What do you mean?

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#35WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 4:54pm

What is your source on this, Dixon? I've heard of ANOTHER holiday show. Weird. 

Phillypinto
#36WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 5:43pm

I mean that at least Honeymoon in Vegas had the possibility of being nominated for Best Musical which could have sparked interest. On the Town is way beyond that, and they are still not making their nut.

Phillypinto
#37WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 5:45pm

I trust dixon.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#38WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 5:50pm

Honeymoon wasn't nominated for anything, while on the town had 4 nominations. They may not have won them, but they still at least got recognized for be an achievement in theatre. They still got more recognition than hmiv 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Scarywarhol
#39WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 5:53pm

On The Town's reviews, grosses, and awards recognition have generally been far better than Honeymoon's. A perfectly charming but barely comparable show.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#40WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 6:13pm

There are some serious timeline issues in the recent replies in this thread. 

1. Honeymoon closed several weeks before the Tony noms so it is hard to see how what it had to look forward to plays into the equation.

2. OTT's Tony noms are, at this point, a non-sequitur, because no Tony bump materialized. The show lost a six figure amount last week, a week in which it should have soared. if it ever was going to. 

These shows are both total flops that ran/are running beyond their sell-by dates. That one may or may not be better, or that one was more recognized, is meaningless. 

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#41WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 6:27pm

Drew and Scary...you two make quite a few valid points in your posts.  If anything, I must admire the producers' resolve and tenacity to promote their show.  The cast also seem willing to take part in any endeavor to publicize OTT.  Whatever the future holds for OTT, they've tried everthing possible to make it successful.  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#42WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 6:39pm

Dear Pintobean,

WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Phillypinto
#43WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 7:03pm

lol no they read my posts for information.

We can't really compare Honeymoon with On the Town since Honeymoon in Vegas didn't make it until tony noms, but if it did, they would have gotten a best musical nomination

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#44WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 7:30pm

"We can't really compare Honeymoon with On the Town since Honeymoon in Vegas didn't make it until tony noms, but if it did, they would have gotten a best musical nomination"

You're not a Tony voter. You don't know that. Closing did nothing to weaken their Tony leverage. You need to calm down with Honeymoon. It's over. It'll be a lovely dinner theatre show for years to come, and that's it. Also, you were the one comparing them. But okay, babe, keep trying to cover your idiotic tracks.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."
Updated On: 7/3/15 at 07:30 PM

Phillypinto
#45WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 7:34pm

Saaaaay what??? Then how come everybody said because it closed, it slimmed its chances at being nominated considerably? Clearly it DID in fact lose a lot of its leverage  

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#46WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 7:35pm

"What are you saying horsetears??? 

"

You seriously cannot comprehend the content of my response? Come on. Truth. How old are you?

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#47WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 7:41pm

"Then how come everybody said because it closed, it slimmed its chances at being nominated considerably?"

I don't know? Is everybody on this board a Tony voter? Why did everybody say it was a good show to begin with? Beats me, kid.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Phillypinto
#48WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 7:49pm

lmfaoooo

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#49WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/3/15 at 7:51pm

I love it when actual AWFUL trolls like Bilbo tell other people to go away. It makes me happy to know that he's still be as stupid as he's always been.