Worry About Important Stuff

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#1Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 7/31/15 at 11:45pm

My wife and I go to a pool club during the summer

Today while we were sitting there, a 94 year old man apparently had a heart attack while swimming. He was given CPR and mouth to mouth plus a defibrillator was used. All this was to no avail. He died despite valiant efforts by pool personnel and emt's.His wife was there and saw everything.We saw the whole thing and it shocked us.We saw a man die before our eyes who a half hour before was alive.

The pool personnel were devastated as was everyone else.This basically makes what happens on this board meaningless by comparison

Do not worry about what goes on here . Take stock of your life and tune all the other meaningless b.s out of your life. In the end, it is really not worth it.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 7/31/15 at 11:45 PM

FindingNamo
#2Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 7/31/15 at 11:55pm

I think you're sending that message to yourself most of all.

Many of us have lost very close real world friends we met on this board.  Many of us have been there when people have died.  Many of us take stock every day and are thankful for everything that's beautiful and also papalovesmambo.  Consequently, many of us don't have time for the petty people but they end up blocking us so it all works out in the end.  Life is short.  But 94 is a pretty good run.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#3Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/1/15 at 12:48am

94 is a damned good run and to die at 94 at a pool sounds like a great death!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#4Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/1/15 at 7:48am

Why does everything that happens in the outside world have to be compared to the non-importance  of posting on this board?

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Bluemoon
#5Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/1/15 at 9:56am

Namo, I never loved you more.

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#6Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/1/15 at 10:41am

Joining BWW is one of the most important things I've done. I cherish the people I have met through this board. I hope to have them in my life when I'm 94. 

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#7Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/1/15 at 10:54am

Yeah, I would take 94 at the pool over what I have witnessed others going through.  And, what Namo said.

FindingNamo
#8Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/1/15 at 11:19am

Hear, hear.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#9Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/1/15 at 5:33pm

I've never seen a person die in front of me Roxy and I'm over 50.  Saw a guy jump in front of a truck, that made me feel different about my depression.  Think about how lucky that old man was, no suffering, swimming till the end, feel good story, and by all means live it up, every day.

Stephanatic

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#10Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/1/15 at 5:57pm

Who let a 94-year-old man go out in the sun during a heat wave?

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#11Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/1/15 at 6:01pm

The pools Roxy goes to probably is indoors, just guessing.

Stephanatic

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#12Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/1/15 at 8:45pm

Like at the YMCA?

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#13Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/1/15 at 11:29pm

I was worried about Mary Wilsons wigs today, until I thought of this thread.

Then I finished styling them.....

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

FindingNamo
#14Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/1/15 at 11:34pm

You just made me laugh out loud at the underwear party I'm attending as I await the bartender to deliver my Lagunitas. Squeeze every last drop of pleasure out of life and try to help the people whose lives have little access to pleasure at all. #thegoldennamorule

JbaraFan1
#15Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/2/15 at 2:00am

Wigs and underwear ... TheatreDiva and Namo have both ends covered here. haha

When I read the first sentence of Mr Roxy's post, I initially was picturing he and his wife in a club shooting pool. (Maybe the Daniel Radcliffe 73 ?s video was too fresh on my mind.) Then I saw "swimming."

94 is indeed a good run, and to go in the midst of being active...  At the same time I imagine it was a hard thing to witness, especially for the man's wife.

BWW's Off Topic board is one of my favorite places to visit online. I think the people are great. Even though I haven't personally met very many from the board, I found Reginald's post very touching, because I do feel like a part of this community and care about the people here.

Liza's Headband
#16Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/2/15 at 8:30am

Yet a virtual message board remains just that, even if you personally meet those posting on it. It is a deception of warped reality and far too much stock/energy is put into this anonymous message board by many of those posting in this very thread. Roxy is a daft old fool with little to contribute but the intent of his message rings with some truth. He should heed his own advice first, though. 

Reginald Tresilian
#17Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/2/15 at 8:43am

I imagine everyone gets out of participating here what he or she expects to, and that it reflects what they bring to it.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#18Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/2/15 at 9:54am

I just got a call that they found my 28 year old cousin this morning. We're not sure of the cause of death, but it appears she aspirated. Her 9 month old son was with her. She has two older boys and we have no idea where they are. The police won't let anyone see her body yet. She has been an absolute mess for years and I have tried and tried to get through to her. I have cried, lost sleep and become an emotional wreck over her lies, horrible decisions and the welfare of her children. Now she is dead and three boys are left orphans. (All three of their fathers are illegals and have either been deported or are untraceable.) An absolute waste of life. I wish I could be there for the rest of my family, but I can't afford to travel right now. 

This board, however, and the friends I have gained here,  gives me a safe place to bitch about the situation without hurting anyone's feelings. I am very grateful for that. 

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#19Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/2/15 at 10:32am

To Jabara

It was really hard for those who tried to save him . They took it hard and were visibly shaken .

To Liza

I think your headband is a tad too tight. One day you will be an old fool and let's see how you like insults hurled at you because of your age. I have grown a very thick skin after being on the board lo these many years. I now pity those who feel it necessary to be nasty for no reason or to go after someone because they are old.Now I see why you are universally loved on the board- not.I used to feel sorry for the insults hurled at you. That ship has sailed and I now see why they are directed at you.

To Jersey

Sorry for your loss.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 8/2/15 at 10:32 AM

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#20Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/2/15 at 10:46am

This board is fun for me so no, I do not spend too much time and effort on it. When, on occasion, it stops being fun I leave. Then when I feel like, I return.

so speak for yourself Lizas

Updated On: 8/2/15 at 10:46 AM

Reginald Tresilian
#21Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/2/15 at 11:39am

JG, I'm so sorry to hear your news. It can't have been easy to watch that unfold, and I know how hard it is to be distant from your family when stuff like this happens.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#22Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/2/15 at 12:21pm

The boys are all safely with their grandmother now, so that alleviates a great deal of the worry. Probably. We're a tough bunch. We'll get through it. Thank you for the kind words. You guys prove Headband very wrong.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#23Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/2/15 at 12:59pm

I'm also sorry you all went through this hard time JG.(((hugs)))

FindingNamo
#24Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/2/15 at 2:17pm

That's a terrible story, JG.  Thinking of you across the miles.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#25Worry About Important Stuff
Posted: 8/2/15 at 2:46pm

Jersey

Re your last sentence. It isn't hard to do that.

Poster Emeritus