pixeltracker

Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum- Page 2

Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#25Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 8/13/15 at 12:22am

"She has been known to do interludes of the Women of Will; short little interstitials directed by noted Shakespearean Tina Packer.  Her Beatrice is FLAWLESS.

"To enjoy her show, you have to be interested in pop culture and celebrities."  Years and years ago, before the D-List and the divorce, I picked one of her small club shows at the Just for Laughs Festival in Montreal as the wild card show (we had tickets for other well-established stars that week) for my boyfriend, who knows nothing about popular culture.  I had no idea if he could possibly enjoy the show, and even though he had no idea who Mariah Carey was or what MTV Cribs was, he laughed uproariously.  She used to have ways of telling the stories that were funny in themselves.  Don't know if she still does that, but back then, that was a real strength of hers.

"

Yes, she does, Namo. I've never been tempted to actually watch a show because she talked about it. I don't care about REAL HOUSEWIVES. But I care very much and laugh very hard at what Miss Griffin has to say about the franchise. I also like the knowing way she mocks celebrity while demonstrating that she is a devoted celebriphile. (I hope that's a word.) There's a touching sort of honesty in that.

brdway411
#26Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 8/13/15 at 10:14am

I make one post  about Bo Burnham coming to NYC  and it gets  bounced. Yet this no talent woman gets a thread? WTF 

Updated On: 8/13/15 at 10:14 AM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#27Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 8/13/15 at 10:29am

Well, I hope you learned your lesson. 

brdway411
#28Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 8/13/15 at 10:38am

What lessons ? She is a foul mouth hack. At least Bo can sing and play an instrument.  The only instrument Kathy plays is the skin flute. And that's only if she is lucky. 

Updated On: 8/13/15 at 10:38 AM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#29Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 8/13/15 at 10:49am

I guess you haven't learned.  Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum

brdway411
#30Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 8/13/15 at 11:07am

Bo Burnham has more talent in his little finger than KG has in her clit. Ya, I went there. 

Updated On: 8/13/15 at 11:07 AM

brdway411
#31Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 8/13/15 at 11:09am

That's no worse than NPH licking  the stage in Hedwig and saying "tastes like KG".SO GET OVER IT. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#32Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 8/13/15 at 11:23am

"Bo Burnham has more talent in his little finger than KG has in her clit. Ya, I went there."

And you know both of these things HOW exactly?! Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#33Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 8/13/15 at 11:28am

Bo Burnham has a scat fetish.  Prove me wrong.

brdway411
#34Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 8/13/15 at 11:32am

So did Hitler. Prove me wrong. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#35Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 8/13/15 at 11:49am

"So did Hitler. Prove me wrong. "

You have to say something wrong to be proven wrong, no?

http://www.greghallett.com/pdf/hitlleragent/hitlerssexuality.pdf

brdway411
#36Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 8/13/15 at 11:59am

I don't get it. you just supported what I said about hitler and scat.

"With each deconstruction an embarrassing addiction is developed and filmed. With Hitler it was sadomasochism, coprophilia and homosexuality. That is, he liked to be verbally abused and slapped around, to have his head urinated on, his chest shat on, and to have sex with men. This made him vulnerable to ridicule by his partners, and mention of it was a coded access to his subconscious, making him vulnerable to cross-purpose."

Updated On: 8/13/15 at 11:59 AM

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#37Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 8/13/15 at 12:32pm

"I make one post  about Bo Burnham coming to NYC  and it gets  bounced. Yet this no talent woman gets a thread? WTF ?

"

Are you referring to Emmy and Grammy winning Kathy Griffin who has also raised tons of money for Aids Project LA, HRC, and is helping to make homes for displaced LGBT youth?   Because if you are... Bo Burham can lick her armpits and never be as cool.    Just kidding.  I have no idea who Bo Burham is.. But if you like him.. you should be able to have your thread about him.  Just don't poo poo on mine. 

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Updated On: 8/13/15 at 12:32 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#38Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 8/13/15 at 3:29pm

"I don't get it. you just supported what I said about hitler and scat."

I thought you were doing the online "I'll trump your made-up assertion with my made-up assertion," so I deflected by deflating. Had I know you were serious, then the proper response would have been to bring up Godwin's Law. My bad.

enjoyable2
#39Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 8/13/15 at 7:13pm

She is without a doubt the least funny comedian I have ever seen. 

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#40Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 8/13/15 at 7:17pm

"She is without a doubt the least funny comedian I have ever seen."

Who asked you?  Why come on this thread to say that?  Idiot. 

Updated On: 8/13/15 at 07:17 PM

BrerBear Profile Photo
BrerBear
#41Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 8/13/15 at 7:20pm

Only on BroadwayWorld can one jump into a thread about a comedienne's upcoming show and walk right into a Hitler scat discussion.

Prove me wrong.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#42Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 8/14/15 at 12:13am

"Only on BroadwayWorld can one jump into a thread about a comedienne's upcoming show and walk right into a Hitler scat discussion.

Prove me wrong.

"

On this site, you probably are wrong. Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#43Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 10/7/15 at 2:48pm

They are adding 3 more shows.

beilis32
#44Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 10/7/15 at 5:08pm

"Her Beatrice is FLAWLESS!"

Wait, Kathy Griffin played Beatrice? Is there a video of this somewhere, because I want to see! It would probably be hilarious!

FindingNamo
#45Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 10/7/15 at 5:25pm

What's a Bro Burnbaum?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#46Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 11/6/15 at 12:36pm

Kathy Griffin was better than ever last night at the Taper.  In a brand new and very immersive show.  The topics ranged from Ben Carson, Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett, Caitlyn Jenner, Liza Minnelli, Donald Trump, Eddie Murphy, her mom Maggie,  and the Duggar family among others.  Her bid about hosting a event with Donald Trump and Liza Minnelli was comedic genius.  She did 2 1/2 hours of brand new material and the place was eating it up.  She said herself that these 4 nights at the Taper are in preparation for her Carnegie Hall show next week.  I highly recommend it. 

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#47Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 11/6/15 at 12:47pm

I recommend it because it's live theatre!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#48Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 11/6/15 at 5:56pm

What made it immersive? 

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#49Kathy Griffin to play the Mark Taper Forum
Posted: 11/6/15 at 6:00pm

Trying to decide to see her or not. I don't know anything about her other than she's a comedian. She's really big with the gays and she's some people's favorite comedian. I like laughing? The thing is that this doesn't have hot tix like all the other Center Theatre Group shows.. Is it worth the $60??