pixeltracker

Hedwig tour set for early October 2016- Page 2

Hedwig tour set for early October 2016

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#25SF Venue?
Posted: 10/12/15 at 3:48pm

I heard a rumor about Amanda Palmer playing Hedwig in this tour. 

Broadway World's Fireman.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#26SF Venue?
Posted: 10/12/15 at 4:13pm

I don't want to see a woman play Hedwig.

TerrenceIsTheMann
#27SF Venue?
Posted: 10/12/15 at 4:17pm

I think a woman playing Hedwig is an awesome idea, just not for the tour, where many people will being seeing the show for the first time. 

Jesus24
#28SF Venue?
Posted: 10/12/15 at 4:17pm

i wanna see it

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#29SF Venue?
Posted: 10/12/15 at 4:39pm

There's a difference from seeing and hearing. Hedwig has a male voice. And Yitzhak has a female voice. (or soprano and all those correct words.. i don't know the right words.. but you know what i mean) Yes, they should of done it on broadway as replacement cast but not for an original cast for the tour.. Since I'm so used to hearing John Cameron Mitchell that if I were to hear a female voice I wouldn't like it at all. I'm not transphobic.. BTW *eye roll*

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#30SF Venue?
Posted: 10/12/15 at 5:03pm

JoseLee_ said: " if I were to hear a female voice I wouldn't like it at all. I'm not transphobic.. BTW *eye roll*"

Wouldn't not wanting a woman make you more of a misogynist than a transphobe?!

Not to mention, an unsubstantiated rumor 12 months out isn't really cause to get too worried...

Updated On: 10/12/15 at 05:03 PM

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#31SF Venue?
Posted: 10/12/15 at 5:10pm

I agree with Jose - I would have loved to see a female on Broadway, but the tour will be many people's first introduction to the show, and I think it should be a man. 

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#32SF Venue?
Posted: 10/12/15 at 5:11pm

Let me make it more clear so people who love acting like superheroes don't come down my throat. I want to see Hedwig as close to the original production. That's it.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#33SF Venue?
Posted: 10/12/15 at 5:16pm

JoseLee_ said: "Let me make it more clear so people who love acting like superheroes don't come down my throat. I want to see Hedwig as close to the original production. That's it."

If you're referring to me, I'm not sure how. You introduced the absence of transphobia where nothing in either side of the argument was even trans to begin with, heh.

FindingNamo
#34SF Venue?
Posted: 10/12/15 at 6:36pm

Amanda's voice is deeper than John's. And she's called a man, duh. 

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#35SF Venue?
Posted: 10/12/15 at 6:49pm

FindingNamo said: "And she's called a man, duh."

Ha! And she's marred to a gai man.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#36Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 10/12/15 at 11:07pm

I'm quite excited to see the casting for this. I really think they're going to have a pull out some gigantic casting decision, since I don't see Hedwig as a brand doing so well in the flyover states without an NPH-caliber name attached to it. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#37Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 10/13/15 at 1:03am

It is still an unknown quantity how many cities the tour will include. They may concentrate on the bigger gayer cities.

The Josh Profile Photo
The Josh
#38Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 10/13/15 at 2:47am

Oh, I hope this comes to Boston!

Updated On: 10/13/15 at 02:47 AM

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#39Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 10/13/15 at 9:21am

JoseLee_ said: "I don't want to see a woman play Hedwig.

"

Then don't go.

FindingNamo
#40Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 10/13/15 at 9:26am

Ha haterobics!  Talk about spiking the ball.

Boston killed the first Hedeig tour  it opened and closed there  

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#41Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 2/16/16 at 1:54pm

Plenty of cities and dates are starting to surface for the Hedwig tour. I still can't help but wonder who might possibly play the two roles. Any rumors?

Shrek3
#42Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 2/16/16 at 2:01pm

It was announced on playbill.com months ago. Daniel Radcliffe  is playing Hedwig on tour. 

Updated On: 2/16/16 at 02:01 PM

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#43Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 2/16/16 at 2:01pm

I'm so excited to catch this in Denver next year! I'm also quite curious to see who they cast! I would agree with the poster above that I'm assuming it needs to be a big name as Hedwig itself probably couldn't pull a lot of non theater-loving people into the theater. Any thoughts on pulling someone from the most recent run onto the tour? I could see Darren Criss doing the tour, even though he wasn't most people's favorite Hedwig. 

FindingNamo
#44Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 2/16/16 at 2:02pm

i don't know the right words

"Tenner" and "Altoid"

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#45Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 2/16/16 at 2:03pm

Rumors had been circulating that James Snyder will be Hedwig, but they went away.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#46Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 2/16/16 at 2:33pm

ChildofEarth said: "Rumors had been circulating that James Snyder will be Hedwig, but they went away."

Until today, apparently...

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#47Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 2/16/16 at 2:36pm

haterobics said: "ChildofEarth said: "Rumors had been circulating that James Snyder will be Hedwig, but they went away."

Until today, apparently...

"

Ha. I don't mean to make that a rumor! I heard it several times but not from people who know anything! Hedheads who heard it at Hamilton lottery.

neonlightsxo
#48Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 2/16/16 at 2:38pm

Shrek3 said: "It was announced on playbill.com months ago. Daniel Radcliffe  is playing Hedwig on tour. "

I can't tell if this is supposed to be a joke. That was never announced & isn't happening.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#49Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 2/16/16 at 2:38pm

ChildofEarth said: "Ha. I don't mean to make that a rumor! I heard it several times but not from people who know anything! Hedheads who heard it at Hamilton lottery."

My biggest nightmare is JCM doing a stint as King George... how much damage that would do to my credit cards...