pixeltracker

Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?- Page 3

Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?

Showface
#50Which Musical would you love NBC or FOX to do live next?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 10:44am

^Omg yes

The only issue I see with it being broadcast is that it's called "Damn Yankees", but then again....these broadcasts don't need to appeal to EVERYBODY

Which Musical would you love NBC or FOX to do live next?

jimmycurry01
#51Which Musical would you love NBC or FOX to do live next?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 10:52am

I think Fox already announced that their next one is going to be Rocky Horror. Since NBC already had The Music Man optioned, I'm guessing that is what we will get.

I am not sure how audiences would react to A Christmas Story. The original is one of those sacred classics that I think people would get weird about. They all trash the two sequels, so a musical remake may not fare too well.

BobPopa Profile Photo
BobPopa
#52Which Musical would you love NBC or FOX to do live next?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 1:18pm

Big River..actually I think I rather see ABC produce it and use Tom Sawyer's Island and the River of America at Magic Kingdom for scenic locations.

"He wants to know who cares. I care you stupid fool we all care..." John Wilkes Booth (Assassins)

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#53Which Musical would you love NBC or FOX to do live next?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 3:10pm

BIG RIVER would be a great choice if it has an all-star cast, plus the subject matter is very familiar as "The Huckleberry Finn musical." And even songwriter Roger Miller still has a name among country fans.

Plus, it's a damn good show.

It would work best filmed on location though (not in Disneyland, good lord), but I could still see a live soundstage production of it working well, too.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 9/6/15 at 03:10 PM

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#54Which Musical would you love NBC or FOX to do live next?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 3:56pm

"I would LOVE a Halloween broadcast of Little Shop of Horrors!

And I would LOVE a December broadcast of Annie Get Your Gun starring Kelly Clarkson!

Or Guys and Dolls 
For LSOH and Guys and Dolls, they can cast big names in the roles, and LSOH is pretty big itself without huge stars anyway, but they can cast a decent name for "Seymour" and Megan Hilty for Audrey. 

Hilty would also play a really good Adelaide too..."

I've been saying that forever! Little Shop is so iconic, that it would undoubtedly rake in the ratings, especially with a star name or two thrown into the jumble (Jake Gyllenhaal and Taran Killam anyone?). I would love if they were able to get the Carnegie Hall cast of Guys and Dolls back together for a broadcast! I miss Megan Mullally being on NBC!

Updated On: 9/6/15 at 03:56 PM

jimmycurry01
#55Which Musical would you love NBC or FOX to do live next?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 4:13pm

I would love to see Big River. I truly love that show. 

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#56Which Musical would you love NBC or FOX to do live next?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 4:50pm

Here you go: MAN OF LA MANCHA with Hugh Jackman.

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#57Which Musical would you love NBC or FOX to do live next?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 5:04pm

^ Have you seen a recent production of this show? MAN OF LA MANCHA was the 2nd professional musical I ever saw (a National Tour starring Bob Wright) so I have a soft spot for this show. But I just saw a nearly-amateur production on Cape Cod this summer, and I gotta say this play has NOT aged well! All that pseudo-Rennaisance speechifying, Aldonza singing song after song of how much she hates the world, teary final ultimo of The Impossible Dream as Cervantes marches off to the Inquisition. Oy, this thing would need a total overhaul before any folks under 50 would tune in as far as I can tell.

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#58Which Musical would you love NBC or FOX to do live next?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 6:09pm

I can't ever see NBC/FOX doing Man of La Mancha or Big River. These two would not draw a huge crowd, sadly. 

Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#59Which Musical would you love NBC or FOX to do live next?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 6:42pm

MILLIE, ON THE TOWN, BUGSY MALONE.

broadwaysfguy
#60Which Musical would you love NBC or FOX to do live next?
Posted: 9/7/15 at 3:04pm

aida

my fair lady

hello dolly

how to succeed

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#61Which Musical would you love NBC or FOX to do live next?
Posted: 9/7/15 at 3:41pm

I think Meron/Zadan could bring back one of the three Finches (Radcliffe, Criss, Jonas) and do a live production of the recent revival they produced. Rob Ashford was already working on the other NBC productions, but unless someone else was brought in. Love that list posted on page 2. Tons of potential productions to keep this tradition going! :) I would love for Disney to do one of Beauty and the Beast or even Aladdin, ala Legally Blonde but live, but with all of the live-action redux of the animated films, I doubt we'd get one from Disney. Fox seems to be going for the bigger titles to compete/do their own production (hence why we are getting Grease to compare with NBC's 3 musicals).

Kavana Profile Photo
Kavana
#62Which Musical would you love NBC or FOX to do live next?
Posted: 9/7/15 at 4:54pm

I had a whole rant on why The Music man and some of these classics from the golden age of are too dated.
We need to stick with shows that can be multicultural.

Would love to see more melanated cast productions on telly or at least in the lead roles.

Give me:
Sweet Charity
Once On This Island
Hair
Promises, Promises
Little Shop
Avenue Q
Kiss Of The Spider Woman
Ragtime
Company - All star cast, WOULD EAT IT ~ YASSS BISH
Hell All my shows the casts would kill but go ahead and bring on the dated Guys & Dolls really??????!!!!

If I hear 76 damn trombones, I will scream.

Clyde15
#63Which Musical would you love NBC or FOX to do live next?
Posted: 9/7/15 at 5:04pm

What about Shrek? It's the number one produced musical in Schools and community theatres right now, a very family friendly show, and you could easily have famous people play some of the more minor characters

Showface
#64Which Musical would you love NBC or FOX to do live next?
Posted: 9/7/15 at 5:12pm

Kavana said: "I had a whole rant on why The Music man and some of these classics from the golden age of are too dated.
We need to stick with shows that can be multicultural.

Would love to see more melanated cast productions on telly or at least in the lead roles.

Give me:
Sweet Charity
Once On This Island
Hair
Promises, Promises
Little Shop
Avenue Q
Kiss Of The Spider Woman
Ragtime
Company - All star cast, WOULD EAT IT ~ YASSS BISH
Hell All my shows the casts would kill but go ahead and bring on the dated Guys & Dolls really??????!!!!

If I hear 76 damn trombones, I will scream.

"

The only one of those that would possibly be considered is Little Shop of Horrors

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#65Which Musical would you love NBC or FOX to do live next?
Posted: 9/7/15 at 5:24pm

PBS already has shown and BD and digital of Company that was unbeatable. All star cast Patti Lupone, Stephen Colbert, Martha Plimpton, Christina Hendricks, Craig Beirko, Anika Noni Rose, god, Katie Finneran, I can't remember the whole cast, Incredible Live Performance!! oh ,Jon Cryer Neil Patrick Harris....

Company is too adult for a platform like these 'LIVE EVENT" showings.

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

SundayInThePark2 Profile Photo
SundayInThePark2
#66Which Musical would you love NBC or FOX to do live next?
Posted: 9/8/15 at 12:27am

Big River is so super underrated; not a lot of the people I know have heard of it. I personally just want Laura Benanti in another live musical. I wish Newsies' rights would be able to be bought, but unfortunately, Disney owns the world.