Golenboybway
#1Hand to God sets a closing date
Posted: 9/9/15 at 3:45pm

Jan 3 

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#2Hand to God sets a closing date
Posted: 9/9/15 at 3:46pm

Sorry but there's already a thread on this!

After Eight
#4Hand to God sets a closing date
Posted: 9/10/15 at 8:39am

The critics raved, but audiences weren't buying.

Three cheers for the audience.

Actually, this play was as wretched and stupid as they come. It never should have been presented on Broadway ---- or anywhere else, for that matter.

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#5Hand to God sets a closing date
Posted: 9/10/15 at 9:23am

After Eight said: "The critics raved, but audiences weren't buying.

Three cheers for the audience.

Actually, this play was as wretched and stupid as they come. It never should have been presented on Broadway ---- or anywhere else, for that matter.

"

11 months for a play that wasn't a famous book or popular movie is a success, guys.  And it's not dead, it's moving on to London.

After Eight
#6Hand to God sets a closing date
Posted: 9/10/15 at 9:34am

^

Let's hope that London critics show greater acumen than their American counterparts.

Though they could hardly display less.

After Eight
#7Hand to God sets a closing date
Posted: 9/10/15 at 9:40am

"11 months for a play that wasn't a famous book or popular movie is a success, guys."

It began previews on Broadway on March 14, which will make 9 1/2 months.

It will not have made back its investment when it closes. In other words, it's a flop.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#8Hand to God sets a closing date
Posted: 9/10/15 at 10:29am

Did not see it. If we get something on a papering service great. If not, so be it. No great burning desire to see it. Always thought of it as something bestv suited for NWS.Seems better in a smaller venue and not a full fledged Broadway house.

Poster Emeritus

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#9Hand to God sets a closing date
Posted: 9/10/15 at 2:10pm

AfterEight

Hand to God still might make its money back, based on the published nut of $275k, and capitalization of $3 million, only $2.4 of which was actually spent that show might still recoup, although it is unlikely . It currently recouped approximately $1.3 million in 4.5 months. If I had to guess the producers goal is to allow another marketing push to that adds urgency like most hope. Unlike most shows though, the announcement is far enough away and capitalization is so low that it might actually allow the show to recoup prior to its closing. 

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#10Hand to God sets a closing date
Posted: 9/10/15 at 2:48pm

I don't think After Eight really cares whether they recoup. It was just a means for him to bash a wonderful, original and clever show. If they recoup, he will no doubt find some other idiotic, negative thing to say about them to replace his being able to say it was a flop.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#11Hand to God sets a closing date
Posted: 9/10/15 at 2:51pm

If it ran for years, it would be because the poor innocent public was duped by the nefarious critics. No matter wht the outcome is for a production A8 hates, it will always prove him right. How convenient that must be.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#12Hand to God sets a closing date
Posted: 9/20/15 at 7:15pm

I was lucky enough to see Steve Boyer (such a TALENT!) at the Saturday matinee of Hand to God... But I noticed he's been out of a lot of performances this month. It's surely a demanding role but still... Anyone know what's up? He's really a talent and I hope he gets more roles after HTG closes!

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

Videos